Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3054-3489-6043-9855
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I will be very simple. Only buy a system if you have 5 games you want on it. You can only go up from there. Use the 5 game rule. These have to be 5 games you absolutely want to check out, like MGS4. Right now the 360 has 4 games I want. SOTN, Lost Planet, Street Fighter HD, Lost Odessy. If they get MGS4 for the 360, I'm there. They already dropped that price down to $279.

I also recommend for those who are a little more picky not to buy the console until all 5 of those games are already out.
    There are easily 5 games I want on each system.

What I'll probably end up doing is telling my parents I want one of the two and from there they will buy one.

Can someone answer my some what of a noob question, I know the 360 comes with HD cables does the ps3?
    Last edited by ilikecookies; 11-06-2007 at 10:53 PM.

xbox live: Dun Worry It K

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    I know at launch there was only composite cables with it, but I think the new one comes standard with HDMI now, as well. I'll double check on that.

EDIT: Nope, according to amazon, HDMI cables are still sold seperately.
    Last edited by FWELR; 11-06-2007 at 11:25 PM.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3054-3489-6043-9855
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    I know at launch there was only composite cables with it, but I think the new one comes standard with HDMI now, as well. I'll double check on that.

EDIT: Nope, according to amazon, HDMI cables are still sold seperately.
    Alright thanks. Have some rep.

Member #
    Friends
    if it's fps you like, ps3 has some right around the corner. like shiftfallout said, warhawk is already out. very addicting game. resistance is also a solid game, especially for a launch title. upcoming are call of duty 4, half life orange box, haze, unreal tournament 3... resistance: fall of man supposedly has a sequel coming out in the future as well, called resistance: rise of man... if you see what insomniac did with ratchet and clank future tools of destruction, you just have to wonder how much further they'll be able to push the ps3

Member #
    Friends
    flip a coin, if your disappointed witht he outcome, even slightly, dont get it. ex:head=ps3, you flip tails and arent very happy w/outcome.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikecookies
    Alright, I don't know for sure if I'm getting a ps3 or not. I'm thinking about getting a ps3 or 360 since I can get an 80 GB ps3 with a game for the same price as an x-box 360 elite with two games ( only like one of the two though..) I don't know what to get. Lots of my friends have 360 and play on live so if I get a 360 I could play with them. Thats whats pushing me towards asking for the 360.

Heres where you come in, I'm asking for your opinion on the ps3.

I have a wii but I'm looking for a system that has good graphics and lots of awesome first person shooters. I also like to play online how good is the ps3s online?

If you could, would someone please convince me to get a ps3 over a 360.
    First of all this thread is probably frusturating him because hes getting pure mixed answers. My best advice is if your friends all have a 360 and xbox live you might as well get one so you can play with them. My brother and my cousins all live on the other side of the country and i play games with them every night while talking to them with the free headset that comes with it. Also all my friends have a 360 so i got one so that i could play with them too which i do. Basically you gave reasons why your being pushed towards getting a 360 but didn't really give any reasons why you may be being pushed a bit towards a ps3. Also if u decide for a 360 get the platinum because you get a good amount of memory, much cheaper then the ps3 and 2 games.

Reasons you should get a ps3 include: online gaming is free, so you wont have to worry about paying the price of less then a game for a whole year of online gaming with better online capabilities. Come on 60 bucks a year after a free month is not bad at all.

But meh, im bias, why? Because when i think of the PS3 i cant think of one good reason why i should ever want one, people are always like "yeah well the ps3 has a 400 gig plat ultra magnum firezor ownerer with 1080 pixils of loretasor technology!" And im like, uh xbox has good online? So yeah, when it comes down to it actually think to yourself which one you would really prefer having in your own household.

Member #
    Friends
    2885-6851-9211-8006
    first of all its a wii christmas if u look at the title comin out

2nd i would get an x box way better ini my opinion
    my top 3 games that i own:mario galaxy 99%
    metriod prime 3 corruption 92%
    endlss ocean 90%

virtuel console, and other channels:

super mario 64
    mario bros
    everbody votes
    mii contest
    internet

Member #
    Friends
    3054-3489-6043-9855
    I think I might just go with the 360. I mean, live is like 5 dollars a month not that hard to pay off then I'll be playing with all my friends online and will get more out of it. Though I do have one friend who has a ps3 and another thats getting one. I'll just ask him about the ps3 and decide on that.

Thank you to everyone that has posted in the thread.

Member #
    Friends
    i would go with 360!
    [The TRUE gamer CHASE

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    iv had my PS3 a few days now,
    had my 360 over a year,

hate my 360
    love my PS3
    not as much as my wii.

anyway

PS3's online is really good, incredibly easy to set up and a tonne of fun.

360 has more FPS's but PS3 will catch up.

also PS3 is predicted to be the dark horse console whoch will rise up and win the war,

i can see this as being possible as its a great console

Xbox will fail in a few years

wii will live on forever as a classic amazing machine

and PS3 will probably remain in out lives for a long long time, as its so much stuff in one

PSN daviduk2000

Gamertag daviduk2000

Ads