LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

buying PS3 december 26th

so after a lot of debate and whatever i decided to get a PS3. im not just thinking about it or whatever, its 100%-im buying it.

i was just wondering, because i dont keep up on any PS3 news (i should probably start though) what should i know as far as all the major games-what are must haves, when are all the good games like Killzone 2 being released, has home been givin a release date yet? what type of things can i buy from the PSN (playstation network, is that what its called?) are there downloadable movies yet? how do you buy things offline? point system like wii/360? credit card? both?

jsut anything like what i mentioned above or anything you think i should know to take full advantage of my PS3. oh, do the controllers come with rechareable batteries or is that an aftermarket thing like with wii/360? what all does the ps3 come with? 1 controller?

just so you all know, im planning on buying the 40gb model with no backwards compatiblity. im not interested in PS2 games, great system but i owned one for many years, and i just dont feel the need to re-buy old games.

edit: btw, i enjoy repping people who earn it lol
    Last edited by SensesFail; 11-23-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i know bumping threads is a terrible thing to do, but really, i dont know much about the system's games and online content. can somebody please help me? lol

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    It's been a day so you might have learned info to some of the questions you asked but I know that PS3 batteries are rechargeable, and it comes with a free charger.

If I were you, I'd look into Heavenly Sword and Resistance. I'd also look at multiplatform titles like Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty 4. And there isn't a point system. You enter your credit care online and it doesn't force you to pay extra money or anything for your content. You can use exact change.

I heard Home is set for Q2 but not completely positive there.

That's all I got! I don't own one, so someone who does might be more useful, but I hope I helped!

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    3878-8321-2254-6089
    Home comes out spring of 08 i beleave and in spring the duleshoch controlers come out.Ratchet and clank is susposley good.The new playstation eye just ccame out with or witound eye of judgement.It only comes with i controler six axis.with usb charger.YA hopfully someone with one can help but if i can think of anything else i will add. ( :
    PSN-kingofdoom95
    XBL-FlyingM0nkey007

Member #
    Friends
    5030-0854-5625-1802
    The controllers have a built in rechargeable battery that charges via mini-usb cable (included)

You sign up through the PSN with a username and you can attach a credit card to it. Then you can purchase mini-games, etc. right onto your credit card.

Their online content is solid. They have TOOONNNS of game demo's, mini games, and High-Def movie trailers. I was quite impressed.

Resistance is a solid game...COD 4 is INSANE. There are tons of great games.

http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?t...bnav;top_games

there's a great place to start!

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by wii maniac
    Home comes out spring of 08 i beleave and in spring the duleshoch controlers come out.Ratchet and clank is susposley good.The new playstation eye just ccame out with or witound eye of judgement.It only comes with i controler six axis.with usb charger.YA hopfully someone with one can help but if i can think of anything else i will add. ( :
    Take a look at Resistance, Rachet and Clank, Uncharted, Warhawk. Heavenly Sword is a renter IMO. I think Killzone 2 comes out march or so. Also Haze looks like its going to be good(1stQ)

You plug you PS3 controller straight into the PS3 to charge it.

On PSN you can get add-ons for PS3 games, purchase original games available only on PSN, watch game and movie trailers, download wallpapers and themes.

I have a 60gb and I love it.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    so i have to hav ea credit card to buy stuff offline? GAY im only 17 and mommy and daddy dont pay for my stuff. i buy everything, im a big boy lol. looks like ill have to steal someones identity or sumthing. lol

Member #
    Friends
    5030-0854-5625-1802
    Or you could just get a bank account with a debit card w/ a visa or mastercard logo...

Much easier. And, legal.

Member #
    Friends
    lol, actually my bank card isnt a debit card.. good thing too, im irresponsible with money. and btw, it looks like ill be buying a PS3 much sooner than expected. im planning ons elling my wii. tear* lots of good times but theres no future in wii anymore, not for me anyways.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I will say this. If you are getting bored of the Wii this quickly, the PS3 will probably do the same. Just a warning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads