Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what is better

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    ps3 is the best graffics and online is free unlike 360 with is 100$ for online

2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kronau
    ps3 is the best graffics and online is free unlike 360 with is 100$ for online
    go look at any video game website that reviews games. You will find that multiplatform games will be reviewed higher for the 360. Also, xbox live cost $50 a year i dont know where you got 100. And, to me at aroud what 15 cents a days for online play thats well worth it. If your serious about gaming i think youll be able to shell out 50 bucks for a year for gaming. When games cost 60 you can just subtract a game off of your list and your set.

Member #
    Friends
    im getting a ps3

pswii

Member #
    Friends
    ps3 has more potential, unfortunately for some reason multiplatform games tend to look nicer on the 360.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    Quote Originally Posted by D1nner
    No idea lol
    Maybe the thought of it costing more = better graphics. But im pretty sure there around the same.
    Pretty sure it's actually the fact that the processors are far better on ps3. 360 and ps3 have a fairly similar graphics chip in terms of quality. The 360's chip has amazing graphic architecture, which puts it on par with the ps3's chip. The reason that some multi-platform games have smoother graphics on the 360, is because it's alot easier to make games for.

In about a year or two, we'll see far better graphics on the ps3, solely because developers haven't had enough experience with the ps3 yet. It's just a matter of working out the system.

@ Busterbry: Can I have a link to an ign article where a multi-platform game has been rated higher on 360 than ps3? Something related to graphics.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    ya ill go find one

Member #
    Friends
    so far madden got a 7.7 for ps3 and a 8.7 on 360
    nhl 08 got a 8.6 on ps3 and 8.8 on 360
    both got 9.4 on cod
    oblivion = 9.2 ps3 9.3 360
    orange box= 8.4 ps3 9.5 for the 360
    do you want the links?

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    As others have said, the PS3 has more potential, but developers are lazy, and blinded by waves of money coming from MS, so they go for the console that isn't quite good (hardware wise) and later port the game to the PS3 without bothering to optimize it for the better hardware, which leads to the 360 games often looking better.

The online on the PS3 is nearly as good as Live, my only complaint is that there isn't a unified friends list, but I can live with that to save $50 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by busterbry
    both got 9.4 on cod
    do you want the links?
    Let me guess, you're getting those figures from GameSpot? *cough*bias*cough*

How can Oblivion be rated higher on the 360? They took time to improve the graphics for the PS3 version, so it looks a lot better, not to mention it comes with the expansion. I know Madden deserves the better rating on the 360 because it has double the framerate, (another show of laziness) but the Oblivion rating is ****ed, and I don't know about the Orange Box, or NHL 08 I haven't played them.

BTW I have both consoles, (PSWii60 FTW) and love them both. (not the Wii) Consider that before you go ranting off and accusing me of fanboyism. (it happens every time -_- )
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    Quote Originally Posted by busterbry
    both got 9.4 on cod
    do you want the links?
    Were they rated higher for their graphics being better, or for live? Because I doubt they were rated higher on 360 for the graphical quality, deffinately wouldn't go down like that on ign. The reason Orange box was rated so low, was because of technical issues... EA are responsible for their lazy work. I have Oblivion on ps3, it looks so much better than the 360 version. Again, framerates were the problem in both the sports games... a result of sloppy work.

Developers wont go that extra mile in multi-platform games, the extra mile being framerate... nothing more.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    As others have said, the PS3 has more potential, but developers are lazy, and blinded by waves of money coming from MS, so they go for the console that isn't quite good (hardware wise) and later port the game to the PS3 without bothering to optimize it for the better hardware, which leads to the 360 games often looking better.
    Good post.

Sorry had to edit our your color setting - it was making me have seizures.

I'd clarify that "waves of money coming from MS" isn't as much some covert operation, as it is a simple (logical) business decision on the part of publishers: choosing the platform with a higher sales (would you rather sell into 50% of the 360 market or PS3 market?).

Also 360 development is quicker/easier - the MS SDK is better out-of-the-box and they've been able to leverage a huge community of PC based developers who know things like DX and the PC-a-like X360 architecture really well.

re: The underlined section - very true! Since I believe the 360 is the preferred development target (regardless of whether this is financially or technically motivated) games that originate on the 360 and are quickly ported to the PS3 are going to be lackluster. (when you start dealing with optimizing multi-processor code and even the multiple piplines of a GPU I can easily see how ported code would be incredibly de-optimized).
    "I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

Ads