+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sell me the PS3

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Sell me the PS3

Hey guys life long Nintendo fan here

That doesn't mean i'm a fanboy and i'm not here to cause trouble I would just like some pointers on the PS3 , Currently I own a Wii without a HD tv

I am interested in making the jump and purchasing a PS3 to go alongside the Wii,

I am mainly interested in the titles GTA4, FF13, Resi Evil 5

Although FF13 won't be hitting the 360 am I right to go the PS3 route

Nintendo wii is a fantastic console btw I highly recommend it but I crave some hardcore action help me decide guys it's tearing my hair out budget isn't the greatest and I can't yet afford a hd tv,

Member #
    Friends
    3878-8321-2254-6089
    Grahpics still look good on standard tv.I LOVE MY PS3 got one for christmas amazing.Free online,blue-ray player.And there are alot of good titles coming out for it other then the ones you listed.sooooOooo I would recomend it.And with the new $399 one its cheaper then getting the ps3 with the HD player.And you dont have to play $50 a year.And like i always say the 360 is a goo console but I think the ps3 will be better in the long run.
    And if you have anymore questions just post here and i will try to answer.
    Last edited by wii maniac; 01-03-2008 at 12:49 PM.
    PSN-kingofdoom95
    XBL-FlyingM0nkey007

Member #
    Friends
    What games present and future do you recommend I am tempted with a 360 because of Ninja Gaiden 2

Member #
    Friends
    wii maniac: he said he doesnt have an HDTV so blu-ray is not a selling point for him im sure since they will look like a normal DVD except cost twice as much. i highly recomend you get an HDTV to watch blu-ray movies though because the picture is simply amazing.

anyways, i own a 360 and a PS3 and i play my 360 more but i recomend the PS3 to you. the reason i play 360 more is because i bought COD4 on it, and i play that game non-stop but it is of course out for both consoles.

PS3 exclusives to help pursuade you to buy PS3:
    killzone 2, of course
    unreal tournament 3
    Haze
    FF13
    Resistance: FOM
    Uncharted
    Heavenly Sword
    God of War 3

and of course theres tons of games for both consoles coming out like RE5 and some others.

this year is PS3's year, xbox is done, they have very few interesting exclusives left, i cant think of a single one im anxious to get my hands on, except maybe halo wars, not an RTS fan but this one looks playable.

i would invest in an HDTV, makes all the difference. now a days you can get a 27 inch LCD HDTV for 300 bucks if you shop around for deals, hell i even saw a 27 inch on sale for 250 during the holiday season! i would have bought it for my room so i dont have to move my PS3 downstairs to the 52" but i didnt have enough money in the bank to justify spending 250 on a tv. lol
    Last edited by SensesFail; 01-03-2008 at 03:07 AM.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    so blue-ray on a regular TV is just like regular DVD's huh?
    duz that mean that the graphics will be crap too on regular TV's or are they still amazing?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SensesFail
    wii maniac: he said he doesnt have an HDTV so blu-ray is not a selling point for him im sure since they will look like a normal DVD except cost twice as much. i highly recomend you get an HDTV to watch blu-ray movies though because the picture is simply amazing.

anyways, i own a 360 and a PS3 and i play my 360 more but i recomend the PS3 to you. the reason i play 360 more is because i bought COD4 on it, and i play that game non-stop but it is of course out for both consoles.

PS3 exclusives to help pursuade you to buy PS3:
    killzone 2, of course
    unreal tournament 3
    Haze
    FF13
    Resistance: FOM
    Uncharted
    Heavenly Sword
    God of War 3

and of course theres tons of games for both consoles coming out like RE5 and some others.

this year is PS3's year, xbox is done, they have very few interesting exclusives left, i cant think of a single one im anxious to get my hands on, except maybe halo wars, not an RTS fan but this one looks playable.

i would invest in an HDTV, makes all the difference. now a days you can get a 27 inch LCD HDTV for 300 bucks if you shop around for deals, hell i even saw a 27 inch on sale for 250 during the holiday season! i would have bought it for my room so i dont have to move my PS3 downstairs to the 52" but i didnt have enough money in the bank to justify spending 250 on a tv. lol
    Don't forget Warhawk!! I will admit I haven't played it yet, but I'm buying a PS3 soon, and can't freakin wait. It looks amazing!!
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    2060-3346-1438-8664
    And Resistance Fall of Man 2, coming out later this year. There is also Soul Calabur 4 with Vader for the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    No Xbox titles? I can think of 3 I would want off the top of my head. Fable 2, Too Human and Alan Wake. Maybe Splinter Cell Conviction.

Killzone 2 - Looking good, but I think its more of a Run n Gun style of game like Halo, so its not for me. I like tactical shooters (Call of Duty, Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon)

Unreal Tournament 3 - This game sucks, even with all its Gears of War like graphics, the game just isnt that great. Single player sucks balls and the online once again is Run n Gun like Halo.

Haze - Again like UT3 and Killzone, I duno how good it will be, it could flop like TimeShift, who knows.

Resistance Fall of Man - Good game, but still not as popular as 360 shooters like Halo and Gears. But again, the online is Run n Gun like Halo/UT3.

Uncharted - Nice game, its like Tomb Raider but with more shooting and has a cover system like Gears/Killswitch. I recommend this game.

Heavenly Sword - Nice game, but waaay to short, shorter than God of War.

God of War 3 - Im anticipating this game will be better than the last two. But since its gonna be only single player im going to until its only $30, which means ill have to wait atleast a year after its release date. Or rent it of course.

I think Rachet and Clank should be on your little list, its better than most those games.

27 Inch HD(720p) for only $250 is crazy. Where is that at...? Thats a little too good to be true. I see 20 inches for $300. I might get one if I find one that cheap.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    future PS3 titles that i want are MGS4 and Gran Turismo 5. both look sick.
    either console is a good choice, i'm going for PS3 though
    Last edited by smyth; 01-17-2008 at 05:40 PM.

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    2060-3346-1438-8664
    And ofcourse the possbility of Star Wars: Battlefront III being mainly featured on the PS3. Since Lucas Arts partnered with Free Radical, (the makers of Haze, and Timesplitters) to work on a secret project. Which is most likely SWBFIII.

Ads