Gears of War
    Next Gears of War
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Bioshock
    Mass Effect
    Lost Odyssey
    Halo Wars
    GTA IV will have exclusive content...

They're big games for the 360... I don't reeeeally like any of them too much, apart from Gears of War.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    It's Blu-ray

umm. . . . I think the PS3 will do fine, not great but fine.

Some of the games coming out for it do look pretty amazing. It will obviously probably fail to ever sell really well but it's still going to have a few really good games.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

pretty hate machine™ solidkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7919-2809-6520-0629
    Blu-Ray/HD-DvD is still a relatively new technology. Of course people aren't going to eat up what they don't need, or even know about. Not to mention the price of some of the discs/players. The same could be said for people switching from VHS to Dvd. With the forcing the format on to the fans? It seems that way, yes. Eventually, games will take advantage of that extra space. It's pretty much wasted space as it is now. And, the PS3 wants to be your all in one. And, this forcing wont be hurting anyone this time. It isn't failed. Blu-Ray has won. Pretty soon, HD-Dvd will have no major studios backing it. I say, pass all this, and just get an up-conversion player, personally.

Sales. Ah, yes. The PS3 is not doing that bad. Compared to the Wii, yes. It's doing terrible. But, the 360 is doing equally as bad against the Wii. The PS3 came out a year after the 360, no? According to the picture in your sig, the 360 has sold 16million. The PS3 is about half that. The PS3, also coming a year after the 360, hmmmm. And, to add to the that, the PS3 is not as pricey as it once was. Getting the cheapest at $399. The 360's cheapest comes at $279. And, the Wii not too far off, at $250. You're expected to pay more for the superior technology. Wii-PS3, that only being $150 more. Not that enormous of a difference. Especially considering all these extras that the 360/Wii try to throw at you.

Sony's biggest "failure" is coming out after the 360. This is where they flawed, and why they're trailing along in last with console sales. It would be way more close if they would have launched at a similar time to the 360. You can't argue with this.

And, people aren't just going to give up on owning something physical. Some will, but everybody in 10 years will not be saving stuff to their DvR, or whatever new thing they come out with. They just wont. Especially considering how DRM heavy that shit would be. Not everyone will do that. Eventually, yes. The CD/DvD will be dead, but not in 10 years. 10 years later, people are still buying physcial CD's. The downloading of .mp3's is killing CD sales, but people are still buying CD's. Albeit, not as they were. The same will happen to the physical DvD, just not as soon as you're out to make it. Not everybody has even went HD yet.

You remind me of this Nintendo jockey who posts at this other forum I go to.
    Seriously.

Oh, and I do infact not even own a PS3, yet.
    I just hate seeing it get ganged up on all the time.

Let us see how good Nintendo's next consoles does.
    Without having the flashy newness of features their current console has, I don't know. Unless all of their install base turns hardcore, I don't think they'll fair as well. Why would they upgrade, when the Wii would still have Wii Sports?
    bleed the freak | oh high noon dead moon

I'm Climbin Through The Wreckage...Of All My Twisted Dreams
    ---
    MOH:H2 - wP spOokShow
    SSBB FC: 1676-3448-0430

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    wellllll the ps3 is a cheaper system then the 360 now better graffics and going to have more games and loads more epic games im saying the 360 in gonna go out of busness after about a few months

©2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    Lol kronau where do you get these things from, thats the dumbest thing I heard... PS3 has a bigger chance of going out of business than the 360. Last I heard $270 is cheaper than $400...

360 is doing extremely well considering they have 3 different consoles all more expensive than the Wii alone with 10 million Live subscribers. The year warranty hurt them but with the steady sales Xbox is doing its not even possible to think they're going out of business.

I doubt even Sony would go out of business because despite other attempts, Blu-ray is actually doing succussful. Last I heard 90% of people still buy normal DVD's but Blu-ray is still out seling HD-DVD and with studios going Blu-Ray exclusive and TV is permanantly going to HD in 2009 almost everyone will own a HDTV.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    TV is permanantly going to HD in 2009 almost everyone will own a HDTV.

Wrong, t.v. is not going to HD it is goign to DTV... meaning they no longer will be sending analog signals, they need them for more basic things like cell phones and other wireless devices..lol

T.V will have to be in DTV format by Febuary 2009 meaning only that it be provided in Digital signal... it doesn't even have to be in 16:9 widescreen format.

But because of this new rule set in place a few years ago by the FCC, some of T.V. companies and broadcast studios are making and switching over to HDTV of some sort...
    But all of them have to switch over to digital tuners and signal.. thats not an option

still the percentage of HD Broadcasters is about the same as the people that own HDTV in the home.. Only about 10% of stations are going to broadcast in a HDTV by the time the switch comes... but because of this switch it is much cheeper and eaiser to take it another Step and make it HDTV...

I work In local t.v. stations on and off went to school for t.v. prodcution... the FCC sends reports on and off to us about everything... Based on the last Memo i read they suspect at the current rate All Televisions and
    Television Broadcast Stations will Be in "True" HDTV format "720i" by 2025... Untill then it will continue to be a mix of SDTV,EDTV,and HDTV just all of them in Digital format.

And alot of broadcasters and companys consider there 480p 16:9 format as HDTV as well just because its widescreen and digital signal, so some of the HD t.v.'s and the stations we currently see are yet to be "true" HD in a sense... But the standards have been increasing over the past couple years and its yet to be put in place what "true HD" is... just whats accepted at the time.

http://www.dtv.gov/whatisdtv.html
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-12-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Dude you have no clue what your talking about . Every post you make is pointless you drive me crazy with these stuiped post ! Go out of bussness lol that wont happen were are you ggeting this from wowow

Taking to the guy 3 post ahead of me some thing with a k

XboxGamerTag=IQuickReflexI

Strike=Have

X-Mas Wish List :
    PlayStation 3,Call of Duty 4,Guitar Hero 3(w/ 2 Guitars)Assassin's Creed(Mayb),Oblivion,Ps3 Control.

PSN ID : Mc_Evan

Member #
    Friends
    7702-6506-3298-6252
    ps3 iz waq
    Chips from fight klub

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    remember, ps3 still has a lot of exclusives to be sold, so i don't think it will die.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I don't think it will die but I do think that the BlueRay player was a waste of time for the PS3 console

Yes, Blueray will overwrite everything else eventually but when that happens stand alone Blue Ray players will start to appear at a lower price. Therefore why buy the PS3 when you can have a stand alone player AND keep your 360

No Longer Have A Wii

Ads