LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    VGChartz isn't 100%! You want accurate sales look at the NPD, Gamedeveloper or any gaming magazine. The 360 announced 17.7 million units sold by the end of 2007. VGchartz still hasn't updated it. They are close to accurate, that's why so many people claim VGchartz is legit. But 80% is still 80%.

Member #
    Friends
    I think PS3 will kick back and at least beat the 360 in sales.. the price drop helps them

pretty hate machine™ solidkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7919-2809-6520-0629
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    I think PS3 will kick back and at least beat the 360 in sales.. the price drop helps them
    The PS3 will get there in due time. Beating the 360, I don't know about that.
    But, eventually the 360 will hit a plateau. Everyone who wants, will have one. This is when the PS3 will trudge up from the bottom.

And, I'd trust VG Chartz over any of the other sites that claim to know the true sales. Though, they don't list the 360 at 17.7 millions sales, 16.47 million is still pretty close.
    bleed the freak | oh high noon dead moon

I'm Climbin Through The Wreckage...Of All My Twisted Dreams
    ---
    MOH:H2 - wP spOokShow
    SSBB FC: 1676-3448-0430

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    There is a reason for that... VGchartz goes by units sold from stores, and in the homes being used...not units sold by console companies to stores, they dont count the thousands apon thousands of units sitting on a store shelf collection dust.. NPD only does basically the same thing tracking how many are sold to consumers But only the United Stats, so they cant have an accurate worldwide count... VG uses NPD's numbers as part of there calculations....

WiiChat Writer
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0409-5781-9484-0073
    I don't really know how a console would fail. The Gamecube was doing as bad as the PS3 is right now, but did it fail? No. Saying a console will fail is a stretching it and something gamers won't even care about. Sale numbers don't tell crap, the games do.

Also to mention, most people who own a Wii do not even play it on a weekly basis. If you count the number of people who play their Wii compared to the PS3, the numbers would be much closer.

The Wii is a great system, but I just don't like how Nintendo is going about with it.

Xbox Live: RivalDestiny
    PSN: RivalDestiny
    Wii FC: 0409 5781 9484 0073

Member #
    Friends
    ok here we go again all the wii people stand over here, now 360 fans and last but not least ps3. lol

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    There is a reason for that... VGchartz goes by units sold from stores, and in the homes being used...not units sold by console companies to stores, they dont count the thousands apon thousands of units sitting on a store shelf collection dust.. NPD only does basically the same thing tracking how many are sold to consumers But only the United Stats, so they cant have an accurate worldwide count... VG uses NPD's numbers as part of there calculations....
    It doesnt matter, it doesnt change the fact that its inaccurate and is not a viable source. If you try to make an offical news post or even edit something on Wikipedia with your source being vgchartz it will be disregarded. Your news post would be seen as unreliable and wikipedia would erase any editing done and send you a message stating that its not a reliable source. So if Wikipedia doesn't allow it, its for a good reason. And you can't try to make Wikipedia seem wrong because Wikipedia is very dedicated to keeping its information true to the facts. Which is why its only allowed to use consoles shipped stats that are announced.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Quote Originally Posted by RivalDestiny
    I don't really know how a console would fail. The Gamecube was doing as bad as the PS3 is right now, but did it fail? No. Saying a console will fail is a stretching it and something gamers won't even care about. Sale numbers don't tell crap, the games do.

Also to mention, most people who own a Wii do not even play it on a weekly basis. If you count the number of people who play their Wii compared to the PS3, the numbers would be much closer.

The Wii is a great system, but I just don't like how Nintendo is going about with it.
    Im talking failing buisness wise, are they gonna make enough money to make up for what they have invested into the system at all?

GC didnt fail because nintendo again makes profit on every console they sell aswell as everything else they sell.. it nintendo made a console that didnt make a profit they would go outta buisness... they only do gaming not everything else.. they have no money to fall back on...

PS3 i look at right now as another one of Sonys many "Look at me" stunts that they have tryed many times in the past... Risking there own money to advance the elctronics standards and just hopping people will pay the higher price for this advancement... This of course isnt a bad thing, its great for all of us it just forces all other electronics to improve and reach a higher standard. Alot of times its just a big risk for the company that chooses to advance this far away from standard..

I doubt it will last the qouted 10 years same as the ps2 didnt last 10 years, but the ps2 didnt have this large of a price gap compared to the other competition and it didnt loose this much profit per console... But with the new advancements set in place by other systems like the Wii in motion technology... Because of this i think we will get improved consoles quicker than we are use to from microsoft and nintendo....

if sony wants to stay in the gaming buisness i suspect another sony gaming console by 2012... Leaving them at best breaking even with sales if not in the red with the PS3, unless they can get the manufacturing price down or show us something to make it worth the money. and get a larger market share in gaming again...
    Last edited by wezeles; 01-16-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    It's true. Nintendo can't afford to lose money like Sony and Microsoft. If they did, they'd end up like Sega. In the future Nintendo may go the way of Sega. For now Nintendo is number one because big business got greedy, and impractical. $20 million to make a single game is insane.

2008 will be the death of the $20 million game. Don't get me wrong, a few expensive games will make that money, but most that invest that amount in 2008 will suffer dramatic profit loss. I'm looking at you EA.

Member #
    Banned by Syntax for no reason, all subscribed threads and own started threads deleted by Syntax
    Friends
    4237-4091-4421-2313
    I'm just keeping this simple, the ps3 is not destined to fail, it's just off to a bad start, it'll pick up, trust me.
    But I will always love the wii, more.
    Last edited by Singhson; 01-17-2008 at 08:10 AM.
    ----------Banned by Syntax----------

Ads