LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Definately go with the 60 or 80 gig version of the PS3. Being able to play your PS2 games should not be something to worry about, you have played them probably over and over again, right.... The reason that you get a next generation console is for the games and items that you cannot get for the older hardware. Take comfort in the fact that you have had a chance to play your favorite games on the other consoles and now is the time to try some new games that look amazing on HD TV's. The processing of the games are faster, graphics are way better, free online play, downloadable content and room to store it are just a click away with the PS3.

Just my 2 cents worth..........

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    They are no longer making the 60gig version either :P When they started the 40gig they stopped the 60gig.

There's 40gig for $400 and 80gig for $500
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    I guess there is always Ebay....

Its just like anything else, backwards compatibility, you would not buy a new HD TV to watch VHS on, would you? There are still alot of the 60 gig versions to find out there for sale if you want that option of going back to the older games for the Playstation.

Member #
    Friends
    2429-4615-8570-1814
    80% of game companies predicted that the ps3 will become console of choice in 2008. This will probly happen due to the 360 now cost like 3 times more then the ps3 if u get everything u need for the 360 like: wifi online hd dvd(blu ray for ps3) and more. when thats all free for the ps3 in other words u buy a ps3 u dont need 500 diffrent add ons that cost 150$ each.

©2000 - 2007 DragonForce

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by majormorge
    I guess there is always Ebay....

Its just like anything else, backwards compatibility, you would not buy a new HD TV to watch VHS on, would you? There are still alot of the 60 gig versions to find out there for sale if you want that option of going back to the older games for the Playstation.
    But what makes it different is that VHS players are still sold at a very cheap price. You can get it for $20 if you really want one. Also the fact that alot of the old VHS movies have been remade in DVD format, so VHS isn't really required. They are still making old movies in DVD format as we speak. Hell I bought the movie "The Thing" for my dad a few months back.

Kronau, you shouldn't even be allowed to speak, 90% of the time what you say is complete bs. This time around you are somewhat right. But looking at it that way is not a way to do it. Xbox does essentially the same thing as PS3 except instead of forcing everything on you they let you choose if you want it or not. For example, HD Drive can be bought seperately, same as WiFi.

So obviously if you put it together its cheaper because Sony was forced to lower the price even more because of its bad sales. But the fact is Sony forces you to get Blu-ray and WiFi, it even forces you to have a Hard Drive. While Xbox has the choice... You can get an Xbox for $20 more than a Wii with a memory card as big as Wii's internal HDD. Btw, all of Xbox 360 have backward compatability...
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I remember during X-mas parents were buying PS3's. The clerk didn't tell them the 40gb can't play PS1-2 games! So I told them to hunt for a 20gb or 60gb or don't buy them at all. The parents turned around and wanted a Wii. They were sold out. I laughed at the irony.

Member #
    Friends
    God damn. The PS2 owned so much ass and then this garbage comes out?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by kronau
    80% of game companies predicted that the ps3 will become console of choice in 2008. This will probly happen due to the 360 now cost like 3 times more then the ps3 if u get everything u need for the 360 like: wifi online hd dvd(blu ray for ps3) and more. when thats all free for the ps3 in other words u buy a ps3 u dont need 500 diffrent add ons that cost 150$ each.
    I believe this as well, and it's one of the reasons I went with a PS3 when my 2nd 360 bit the dust. Well, OK, I got a little tired of having problems with it too, loved the game line up though.

But really. The 40GB to me is a STEAL considering the built in Blu-Ray, wireless etc. It's cheaper than even the cheapest 360 if you take even those two things into account.

Lastly, on the BC, there are, as hard as it probably is to believe, LOL, people like myself who don't care about it at all. I've got one too many games to play already with THIS gen stuff, and everything coming out over the next year to worry about playing anything last gen. Heck, I've traded anything I own that's been played to death by this point anyway.

pretty hate machine™ solidkirby's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7919-2809-6520-0629
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Btw, all of Xbox 360 have backward compatability...
    They can't claim full BC, though.
    The PS3's, sans the 60/40gb, all use the same technology that the 360 does.
    Though, their BC library is bigger than the PS3's, the 360 still can not play all old XBox games.

They have enough of BC, to where you probably couldn't find a great game that wouldn't work on it. The same could be said for the PS3. It's obscure titles that you'll have a hard time finding compatibility.
    bleed the freak | oh high noon dead moon

I'm Climbin Through The Wreckage...Of All My Twisted Dreams
    ---
    MOH:H2 - wP spOokShow
    SSBB FC: 1676-3448-0430

Member #
    Friends
    Except the 40gig can't play any PS2 titles. Zero!

Ads