LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Played the PS3

  1. #101
    King K.Rool Icetrash's Avatar
    Member #
    904
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Dont listen to this ABC kid hes just a jerk off. And quite dumb to not even check Deanis location before he posted saying "Ohhh look at me my name is Mr.Gay and I was wondering where did you get those prices, ohhhhh".

    Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

  2. Ads


  3. #102
    ABC
    ABC is offline
    Banned ABC's Avatar
    Member #
    1576
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NyC/Nj
    Posts
    1,629
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by Icetrash
    Dont listen to this ABC kid hes just a jerk off. And quite dumb to not even check Deanis location before he posted saying "Ohhh look at me my name is Mr.Gay and I was wondering where did you get those prices, ohhhhh".
    Wow dude, it seems I have struck a chord with you somewhere on here. Is it because I speak the truth and bring facts to the table. Is it because 99% of the Nintendo fanbitches on here don't get away with saying stupid shit? Sorry boss, but if you want to bring an argument other than "ABC is a jer off", than be my guest, I am all for it. But as of right now, you are just making yourself look like the jerk-off. Got that, jerk off?

  4. #103
    Reppin' the big N in GR. Think_Tank's Avatar
    Member #
    183
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    This cold, big island.
    Posts
    70
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    My atitude is wrong? Your the one who is ok with accepting old technology used in a new way and being completely content with it. I am all about moving forward, getting the better sound the better resolution. If your content using the composite cables that have been around since the NES, then by all means, be my guest... but I will continue to move forward with technology. Just because you can't afford it... doesn't mean you should hate on it.
    Hahahaha, man, you know what? You have stuff to say, really, and so far I do think that you're one of the older, and probably more sensible people in this forum.

    I found what the problem is with you. Definition.

    YOU my friend call moving forward adding polygons and textures and frames. Agreed! I call it coming up with something new and original in terms of essence and substance, or how gamers put it, gameplay.

    And Nintendo has ALWAYS been in front of Sony in this term (from N64 to the Wii- although you gotta give it to Sony for the ps2 video cam)... now, if you think e.g. that Red Steel is far worse that say Killzone due to the admittedly worse graphics, I say that it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better cause it introduces an exciting new concept, that creates infinite potential for the future: actually moving the joystick like you would move a sword! Hell, in WarioWare you use it as a frying pan!!!! The concept has been done before, but this is BRAND NEW for home entertainment and creates amazing potential.

    Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my graphics, even if I am still bemused by the design of say Day of the Tentacle. And if I had more money and no obligations whatsoever, hell, id even throw in an arcade machine or two in my xmas shoppin (would look great in any pad).

    But the way I see things, I think that the PS3 is one of the same, only with a much much higher poly count. And I just cant justify the money.

    Plus it is announcements like the one Sony did a while ago, where they said that they wanted people to go crazy over the PS3 and work hard to get it and stuff like that, that just dont work for me. Sorry. I dont consider myself a crazed consumer. I think that Ninty respects me more as a customer in the case of the Wii.

    Btw just because YOU can afford it, you dont have to make fun of people here that might be younger and not as well off as you are... this whole "I am the most unbiased gamer in the net, I got em all, you poor bitchez hate on stuff you cant buy" attitude is not earning you any sympathizers in here...

    If u got money, show it off to women. That might actually get you somewhere. In this forum however, all it does is givin u a bad name man.





    ps. Chances are you're the most quoted user in the forum... noticed that?

    The sig is as bad-ass as it gets.
    I also speak Yoshi, by the way.


  5. #104
    ABC
    ABC is offline
    Banned ABC's Avatar
    Member #
    1576
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NyC/Nj
    Posts
    1,629
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by Think_Tank
    Btw just because YOU can afford it, you dont have to make fun of people here that might be younger and not as well off as you are... this whole "I am the most unbiased gamer in the net, I got em all, you poor bitchez hate on stuff you cant buy" attitude is not earning you any sympathizers in here...

    If u got money, show it off to women. That might actually get you somewhere. In this forum however, all it does is givin u a bad name man.





    ps. Chances are you're the most quoted user in the forum... noticed that?

    The sig is as bad-ass as it gets.
    Thank you? Now see, this is where you don't understand me. I am not trying to be some tough ass, rich bitch... but I sure the hell won't stand for some little punk that JUST BECAUSE he can't afford the Ps3, he has to hate on it. I mean, if I gathered the bias comments on these boards... I wouldn't even know where to start. So if what you said above, is how you interpreted some of my comments, than I am sorry, but you are sadly mistaken. If people say stupid shit, you can bet on it I will be there to put their noob asses in check. Like I said, you either love me or REALLY hate me... but if you notice, the people that hate me can't bring facts to the table (*cough* *cough* no names). I have no problem admiting when I am wrong... but you better bring your A game if your going to try to prove me wrong.

  6. #105
    WiiChat Member Xiahou's Avatar
    Member #
    4942
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    8
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    I am not trying to be some tough ass, rich bitch...
    I think that you are unbiased, and your points always have valid backing and evidence behind them, and I agree with most things you say. It's quite obvious you don't hate the Wii, and if you like the PS3, then thats fine, and I see no reason to argue with you. But, word to the wise, the 'tough ass, rich bitch...' is sometimes how it comes off to other people, fanboy or not.

  7. #106
    King K.Rool Icetrash's Avatar
    Member #
    904
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Wow dude, it seems I have struck a chord with you somewhere on here. Is it because I speak the truth and bring facts to the table. Is it because 99% of the Nintendo fanbitches on here don't get away with saying stupid shit? Sorry boss, but if you want to bring an argument other than "ABC is a jer off", than be my guest, I am all for it. But as of right now, you are just making yourself look like the jerk-off. Got that, jerk off?
    jerk off.... ITS POLISH CHRISTMAS YOU ****ER!

    Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

  8. #107
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    ABC isn't bringing solely facts to this. He's bringing his opinions based on whatever facts he could find. Let's not forget that many people have touted (and argued based on it) that PSX and PS2 have 'won' previous console wars. I would therefore argue that it is one's own right to argue over which console will win this time around. Likewise, the assumption that PlayStation will win again because they've won the last two rounds is the equivolent as touting that "The N64 will win" (Note in a past tense). PlayStation have entered in later (Just like the N64) and have had much negative publicity and have a high pricing (arguably what the N64 had). There's actually quite a lot of parallels between the PS3 and the N64, so don't go counting on the PS3's success yet.

    The PS3 reportidly had to be connected to the internet to download neccessary updates to play games at all. The Wii only had to download updates (Which the UK release won't have to worry about) to do things online properly. So in effect, Internet access is vital to the PS3, but not to the Wii. Not sure if this point will effect sales or not though.

    Whilst I have played neither console as of yet (Give me a chance, this is the UK!), I reject the idea of my opinions on the matter being are worth nothing. I have read much about this console war on many different sites since way before E3.

    And why is it important to me that Nintendo Wii succeeds?
    1. For the continuation of the Nintendo line - Whilst Nintendo may not give up now, ex-president Yamauchi stated that the Gamecube would be the last Nintendo console if it failed at E3. Let's not forget that people kep refering to the ever-present reminder of "What happened to Sega". Considering also, that Nintendo are the only company that are trying to keep gaming and PC industries seperate - which they should be in my opinion.

    2. It proves that most people aren't into "better" graphics (lets not forget that "better" when it comes to image is merely one's own desires for image fulfilled - that being that better isn't clearly defined as being more visible, more polygons nor more being more realistic - otherwise, half of the catalogue of games could never be on the "better" sides of graphics).

    3. As a counter-attack for Sony fans that lauded Nintendo's "failures" with the N64 and Gamecube. Nintendo deserves to be the top in this instance, as they're all about games, and not about "realism", that's not to say that Nintendo cannot be realistic, but it has to be at least fun.

    Also, many people have argued that the Wii is just a "souped up" Gamecube. Since when were the Gamecube graphics soo bad? Resident Evil, RE0 and RE4 all proved that not to be the case.

    One last point - When going on about sales, I noticed the figures that ABC came out with were biased. Actual sold consoles of GC and Xbox vs consoles shipped for PS2 (There's still many PS2's in the shop ready to be sold)? Let's also not forget which console has the most breakdowns - PS2 (I myself have been through 2, and I know many of you have had similar experiences). In terms of breakdowns, Sony has produced many consoles. It doesn't mean they're good. On the contrary, it shows that it was not designed very well.

    P.S. I'm sick of the comments about Nintendo's "mistake" with sticking with cartridges. It was not a mistake, it was a choice. Don't forget that Resident Evil 2 and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 made their way onto the N64 - Showing that there is enough room for most 1 disk PSX games. Cartridges are more reliable (scratch a Disk and you'll see) and has no loading times (something reportidly the PS3 suffers majorly from). It was a choice for developers - Quality or quantity. They wanted quantity. They got it. They got the extra disk space. They got more copies sold. They got tonnes of competition (the back-catalogue is quite the epitome of quantity over quality). Sony got tonnes of piracy (being on disks rather than cartridges meant that people could mod their PlayStations and boot up pirated games).

    The reason why the N64 was so late, expensive and powerful was because of delays through partnerships being broken with both Philips and Sony. Kinda makes you wonder how valid Sony's excuse was (Blu-ray).

    P.P.S. I'm not a fanboy, I'm a fanguy! I still don't get the idea of "fanboys" being so bad - the only people who argue with them, and have problems with them are fanboys from other sides: (Ninty Vs Sony Vs MS). Chances are, if you're arguing with a fanboy, you are a fanboy.

    Interesting Read: Click Me
    Last edited by Squall7; 12-01-2006 at 04:11 AM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  9. #108
    King K.Rool Icetrash's Avatar
    Member #
    904
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,013
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Wow well typed out, alot of effort was put into that....

    Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. total time played 2
    By brandon in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 05:36 AM
  2. You Know you played your Wii to much when=
    By Major Tom in forum Board Games
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 11:32 AM
  3. First game you played on your wii!
    By dudewheresmykart in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-28-2006, 11:44 AM
  4. Played the Wii!
    By ninnie x in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 01:59 PM

Search tags for this page

wii u a bad name

Click on a term to search for related topics.