LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Played the PS3

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Both systems have pros and cons, but the PS3 has more cons.

That and it simply isn't worth the price. There is no argument that can be made that validates the price tag. BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure, super graphics are still just graphics, and the 360s are a close(ish) second. That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems, none of which will be fixed for US launch.

I give them credit for outdoing many PCs (not mine..) as far as graphical capability, but their system falls short of 360 and Wii as far as being worth the money.

Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

2. Ads

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan Winters
    Both systems have pros and cons, but the PS3 has more cons.

That and it simply isn't worth the price. There is no argument that can be made that validates the price tag. BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure, super graphics are still just graphics, and the 360s are a close(ish) second. That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems, none of which will be fixed for US launch.

I give them credit for outdoing many PCs (not mine..) as far as graphical capability, but their system falls short of 360 and Wii as far as being worth the money.
    You have the most flawed argument I have ever seen. At least give it an effort. Here let me brake it down for you.

You say, and I quote: "That and it simply isn't worth the price."

Ok, so the added extras of a Blu-Ray player, a more powerfull processor, Wifi, a 60GB! Hard drive, a wireless Sixaxis controller, and free online play are not worth the $200 difference to you? Interesting. I really wish the XBox 360 I bought had that extra shit. Becuase I felt kind of robbed.

You say: "BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure"

Is that why there are more mnovie studios and tech companies building and supporting Blu-Ray than there are HD-DVD? Again, where the hell are you coming from?

You say: "That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems"

Really? The only "glitch" anyone ran into was 200 Ps1 and Ps2 games are not backwards compatible out of thousands. 200 is the number of games the 360 IS capable of playing BC.

So please, elaborate on your post an enlighten us further.

Member #
    Friends
    Wow..i made this post for fun. Cool down yall. ABC just has a very unbiased opinion and the rest of yall have a completely biased opinion (like me) but i keep it to myself. Chill yall..
    My green laser.. Go Nintendo!

My Wii Code : 6547 - 0888 - 4319 - 0033
    My SSBB Code : 3609 - 0863 - 8108

Please feel free to add me, ill reply asap.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with ABC, very flawed piece right there.
    Nintendo smites you!

Yah, I wanted to mention ABC too, he is very unbias and can propel debates without flaming and he supports with facts. If only all Sony fans were like that...

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand
    I forgot what the game was called..some racing game though. And ABC it will be awesome when you get it. It really looks real..but the system is huge.
    Oh and there was no line..which was surprising.
    its ridge racer.... RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEERRRRRRRR!

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Thank you guys. As I have stated in a lot of threads... I am getting all three next-gen consoles not to mention the history of consoles I have owned (every major console since the Commodore 64). I am probably the most unbiased gamer on the internet.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Thank you guys. As I have stated in a lot of threads... I am getting all three next-gen consoles not to mention the history of consoles I have owned (every major console since the Commodore 64). I am probably the most unbiased gamer on the internet.
    and i have nothing against it, its all opinions and I envy you for your tolerance

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    It's pretty hard to make an assessment on something with limited information. Especially down here, we're not getting the PS3 until sometime early next year (that is, an official release, whereas there's bound to be heaps of ebay imports). But as it stands, I can only see two possible games I'd want for it, and as far as the price tag is concerned, I probably won't be getting it until it's dropped to 1/2 - 1/3 it's launch price.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    You have the most flawed argument I have ever seen. At least give it an effort. Here let me brake it down for you.

You say, and I quote: "That and it simply isn't worth the price."

Ok, so the added extras of a Blu-Ray player, a more powerfull processor, Wifi, a 60GB! Hard drive, a wireless Sixaxis controller, and free online play are not worth the $200 difference to you? Interesting. I really wish the XBox 360 I bought had that extra shit. Becuase I felt kind of robbed.

You say: "BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure"

Is that why there are more mnovie studios and tech companies building and supporting Blu-Ray than there are HD-DVD? Again, where the hell are you coming from?

You say: "That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems"

Really? The only "glitch" anyone ran into was 200 Ps1 and Ps2 games are not backwards compatible out of thousands. 200 is the number of games the 360 IS capable of playing BC.

So please, elaborate on your post an enlighten us further.
    Glitches include overheating as well as, if you upload Jpgs onto the system (another feature) they will randomly pop-up on your screen in the middle of a game, crashing the game.

Good stuff.

Free internet? So? XBOX LIVE is a better system and doesn't cost much, and Nintendo's online will be free as well.

60GB Harddrive? What in the world do I need this for? How many saves would it possibly take to fill up that much space? It's not that big a deal. Just one of their numbers they throw at you.

BLU-RAY? The first production of PS3 CAN'T PLAY BLU-RAY MOVIES. Sounds like a great deal to me.

Processor? I can't deny it's more powerful than it's competition, but the difference isn't so profound that I want to pay 600 bucks.

Sixaxis controller? Firstly, the Axis system was taken from the Wii. And the controller DOESN'T RUMBLE. Why did they ditch dualshock? Who knows? But the rumble was the most profound feature of the Playstation controller, and it's gone. 5/10 controller.

You realize I can buy a Wii AND a 360 for the price of 1 PS3. It's NOT worth it. The PS3 alone is simply not as good as getting two whole other systems.

*edit* Off for the night, will respond accordingly tomorrow.
    Last edited by Cyan Winters; 11-15-2006 at 08:58 PM.

Wii Inventory: Wii, Zelda, Red Steel

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    If i want a good graphics I'll download pc games via torrent. If I want to play video games in a whole different way, I'll play the wii im getting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads