+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Played the PS3

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Where did you hear that PS3's can't play Blu-Ray Movies?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Where did you hear that PS3's can't play Blu-Ray Movies?
    Why do you think I haven't replied to this kid. He is clearly pulling crap out of his ass.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    So a standard controller and amazing grphics and inovative gameplay won't sell games? Is that why Gears of War and the Halo series are selling amazing? Developers are making gameplay just as inovative as the new graphics. Sorry to brake it to you but the Wii using composite cables is old news... HD is the way of the future and untilyou experience games in that manor, you shouldn't talk. And not having a toslink digital in for Surround sound!?!? Give me a brake man. I am going to buy a Wii and firgg'n love it. But I am also going to be pissed about it's shorcomings.

abc you have some good points but there is something you need to know....HD is great and its wonderfull to watch...but what comes after photo realism...nothing, exactly. Then it comes to HOW you play games and nintendo is well on its way with this one. If nintendo wanted to get AMAZING graphics for their system im sure they could, but they didnt want to screw over their fans by selling it for 600 dollars, they would rather find a better way to play the games, to start working on the path to the furture of gaming. just know that gears of war and halo are great games now but what about in a few years when nintendos next system is beyond the wii in innovative gaming and your ps4 is just another halo 4 with HD graphics, what then...you will get used to it and want a new way of playing.

Member #
    Friends
    I don't see why it matters to you people if sony copies them. All it does is improves their products so unless you work for Nintendo then you shouldn't care about them getting copied.

why get mad when a company steals your idea for a controller and half asses it and calls it a 6 axis, THEN claims that nintendo stole their technology from the eye toy ,(lol yea right, eye toy) and then takes out the rumble feature for this 6 axis that isnt that advanced (if anyone saw E3 you would know what im talking about) so now the ps3 controller wich was originally supposed to be the dildo shaped thing before they jacked nintendo (wich ironicly came right after wii was shown) now making the controller feel light and cheap? i dont know? why does it matter??? if you invent techonology someday and i steal it and half ass it someday...atleast i know that you wont be angry.

Member #
    Friends
    if the ps3 cost maybe 300, i would buy it, but after seeing and hearing about all of its glitches, including all 6 kiosks in my area alll froze within the same 2 days. I just dont think its worth the money. my only regret is not picking up a ps3 preorder for 50 bucks when i got my wii preorder so i could sell that mother on ebay for 4 figures. Maybe ps4, because god knows they wont change the name.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Nice triple post. And like I said if you work for Nintendo then ya you should be pissed off but since you don't and it doesn't affect you in a bad way then you shouldn't care. It just makes it better for us. But I do have to admit the PS3 controller was kinda half assed.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    Why do you think I haven't replied to this kid. He is clearly pulling crap out of his ass.
    Ummm, right, there's something a bit off about this. Anyway, the PS3, I used to want it, because it had exclusives. I'm an absolute GTA nut, but when E3 rolled around, they announced the price, and I kind of slumped in my seat and thought, "Crap, now I have to work like an extra two weeks to buy the thing..." And then Rockstar came out and said, 360 and PS3 get GTA IV on the same day. At that moment the 360 started looking awesome. Since then I think lots of developers have realized the same thing rockstar has. Your average consumer doesn't know what a cell processor is, doesn't use an HDTV, and doesn't have an extra thousand bucks lying around to invest in a GAME system.

If I were to go out right now, if I could, and spend almost a grand on a PS3 and a couple accessories, I would be disowned by my family and friends so fast. That's so much money, FOR A GAME! That's what it is people, A GAME!

Member #
    Friends
    Nice triple post. .
    thanks. and yea it was half assed...without thinking about the ps fans they ripped out the rumble feature to make room for the 6 axis..and i know i speak for MOST people when i say that more people would prefer to have somer rumble in their games than the ability to tilt shit during a war game.

Member #
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    But the whole console isn't based on the controller. I couldn't care less if it has rumble or tilt sensing. I will still end up geting one. Probably wait until the price goes down though. Or at least till theres some good games out for it that I can't just get for my 360.

Member #
    Friends

Break

After reading the entire thread, I feel compelled to say: it is break -- not brake.

I'm curious to see how well the PS3 sells. As of now, it is merely scalpers and hardcore fans that are buying the system. I wonder how many of the EBay systems will be sold and paid. And paid is the key to that statement.

Graphics are important (an improvement in graphics) for the next generation. The Wii has made an improvement over the last generation consoles.

Both the PS3 and the Wii are selling each and everyone of you hype. I love coming to forums and reading arguments that are quotes of speeches that were made by company executives.

Some of the greatest games I have ever played were text games with ansi graphics. I still play them at times.

What I hear about the PS3 . . . it isn't enough for me personally to drop that kind of cash for a system.

Sony is fighting for the current market. Nintendo is attempting to redefine it. Who will win? I THINK Nintendo will. We will see.

I'm a filmmaker. Cognitive film theory explains why films (which are shot in 24 frames per second) cause us to react in a physiologically identical way as real life situations.

Why? Because our eyes and minds are unable to distinguish between real life and 24 frames per second. What does this mean to gaming? It means that great graphics and good graphics will affect us in the same way.

In fact, the majority of people prefer the look of film (which isn't at all similar to HD) over HD.

Just musing here. I don't believe graphics will win this war.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads