Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Played the PS3

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    It would seem that 360 is pretty much the dud in the consoles war. Anyone who wanted one has got it. And anyone who doesnt may aswelll save up for the PS3 which may aswell be a supercharged 360.
    For those that dont have HD, or dont care as MUCH about graphics (I like HD graphics, but shit painted colourful is still shit) may aswell save their money and buy a Wii. Plus their whole family can enjoy it, aswell as the inclusion of games for the hardcore market.

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyDay
    Not sure if you are even still around ABC, but it is in fact a war. True, Nintendo is attempting to redefine the market, thus winning the highest percentage of the market. It is kind of like convincing non-voters to vote.

Regardless of how Nintendo gets the majority of market share (either by increasing existing market share or creating a new market), victory is victory.

I'm getting real tired of hearing people suggest that the average joe consumer is going to buy more than one console. That is exception, not the rule. I will not purchase two consoles.
    Who the hell said that the average joe is going to purchase more than one console? The semi-serious gamer will have two console, hardcore... all three. Nintendo knows that they can never compete with Microsoft and Sony in the long run. We;ve seen it in the past, and we'll see it again when the final numbers are released in a few years. Sure, Nintendo ALWAYS does well at launch, even with the shitty Gamecube. But take a look at the final records of the last generation console sales. Here are the numbers to prove it:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Console Units Sold Date
    Sony PlayStation 2 106.23 million shipped June 30, 2006
    Microsoft Xbox 24.40 million June 30, 2006
    Nintendo GameCube 21.20 million May 10, 2006
    Sega Dreamcast 10.60 million N/A
    Link: History of video game consoles (sixth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nintendo's route to the gaming world is great for initial sales, but having weak technology doesn't last nearly as long as putting true "next-generation" technology inside a console. For example, let's all guess which of the three systems will have a longer shelf life? Hmmm, the one with no DVD player, the one with a standard DVD player, or the one with a next-generation Blu-Ray drive? As much as you fanbitches don't want to admit it, the long run will be won by Sony. So deal with it. Oh, and next time you bring an argument, back it up with something other than your worthless words.
    Last edited by ABC; 11-27-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Interestingly on ebay, the majority of listings have a PS3 bundled with a 'free Wii', seems poeple do want another console with a free game, as opposed to 3 PS3 games....

Member #
    Friends
    Generally, when people buy a game console they buy it for 1 main thing.. (here it comes) playing video games. Sure you get the fun extras like a DVD player (or Blu-Ray) or being able to play music, but in the end you're not gonna buy it just for that, you'd just go and buy a DVD player or a Blu-Ray player. To me it just comes to as "Oh, that's nice"

I don't care if Sony is saying PS3 is a computer (as mentioned somewhere in a previous post) people aren't buying it as a computer.

After all is said and done I just wanna sit down, play a game, and have fun, without spending an arm and leg for extra stuff on the system I'm not ever gonna use, maybe that's my flaw but who knows.

I might buy a PS3 when it's price goes down because I wanna play some of the games (mainly the SE ones) as I'm a huge fan of the FF and KH series but as for now I'll stick with my old fashioned good 'ol Wii.
    Last edited by Hellview; 11-27-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova
    You mean to tell me you don't walk around with thousands of dollars in your pockets? What the hell do you use for toilet paper?

I wanna dip my balls in it.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC
    You know what's funny. Alot of people that have played the Ps3 that before that bashed it... all said what you said. I personally can't wait to get one. I don't mind not keeping the launch console I recieve... even though I am debating whether or not I should. If I decide to.. I will have all 3 next-gen consoles by Sunday... Hmmm.
    I completely agree with you. The PS3's looking great. It's looking great for very different reasons than the Wii, but looking great nonetheless.

If you can manage to get your hands on one though, I'd sell it. If you've already got a 360 and a Wii, you have both ends of the spectrum (excellent graphics and excellent gameplay, respectively), and while the 360 will fall short of the ps3's graphical capability, it's not that far behind. You should be able to still make a decent prophet off of ebay.

Member #
    Friends
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    Quote Originally Posted by m7ticalm
    I think that half of these people who are saying that the PS3 will suck probably have not even played it let alone seen it yet ABC . IMO the PS3 will be great but i dont have the budget for its launch price. Maybe in a couple of years i may consider buying it, i dont know why there are so many haters here. Everyone hates anything thats not nintendo! Comeon guys, thats just plain hating. Its just someones opinion, and why would they be selling the PS3 if it was as bad as you guys are saying it is. I personally like the Wii much more than the PS3 but still, its going to be a good console. So all i really wanted to say was, lay off ABC, its just his opinion and he can do anything he wants with it. Secondly, stop with all the hating, its really annoying reading u guys continuosly crapping each others opinions. Thirdly, i just wanted to sat to Paintaballer, stop being the biggest hater. All your posts are just hate posts, i mean wtf is up with telling the new guy "Nice Triple Post"? HES ONLY GOT 14 POSTS GOD DAMMIT!

Yeah, so everyone just lay off each others opinions, i guess u can challenge them as everyone has their right for free speech but u dont have to make it all offensive or hate like.
    OMG your such an idiot! At school anyone who likes the PS3 you always argue why its so crap! (Eg. Jason and Blake). Dont bullshit man just because you want to have friends.... hahaha! SUCK ON THAT BITCHES!

Characters wanted for SSBB : King K.Rool, Lucario, Bubsy, Captain Olimar and Waluigi
    Clippers -- Buccaneers -- Ducks -- Devil Rays

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    I'll admit I wouldnt mind a PS3 merely for its graphical prowess, itd go nicely alongside my very fun Wii. But, I dont have the money, and I needed sumthing unique to try and get my whole family back into games, it may payoff, and they can start buying games for it. :P

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I think anybody would want the PS3....

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by wiicanchangetheworld
    I think anybody would want the PS3....
    They are just too poor to admit it.

Member #
    Friends
    4076-9395-0234-2025
    Yer pretty much... and thats the point. I dont have 1000buks to spend on a console, which at that point STILL wont have anygames. meanwhile for the same cash i have a wii with 8games. Oh and to enjoy the PS3 fully, I'd need a HD TV, so add another 2000 (6000 to have one the size of our existing TV). At this stage my Wii would have over 60 games and still look just as great on my older TV, which is still huge.
    1 console, no games, and a TV to fully appreciate any HD advantage. OR
    1 console, 68games and a 55-inch TV which displays it perfectly...hmmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Ads