LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Questions/Problems: USB devices 40gb PS3

So today i decided that it's time to use that 22+ gigs left on my PS3's hard drive and it's also time to start using my PS3 to it's full potential. So i gathered up all my USB devices to see what i could do. I also downloaded 4 demos and a several trailers just for the heck of it.

Here is what happened. I plugged in the usb mouse and it's working really well on the PS3 interface as well as the store/web browser. My 2 MP3 players and Flash drives, however are not.

My 360 recognizes my MP3 players and flash drive and can play music off of them without a problem, but my PS3 doesnt.

Flash Drive: recognizes it's a flash drive and even the brand of it but says theres no music on it, and there is.

Newer MP3 player: "unrecognized usb device" or somethign like that. basically its saying "what the heck did u just plug into me"

Older MP3 player: again, recognizes it's an mp3 player and it's brand but says theres no music on it.

So my quesion is this, is the 40gb model not capable or did i do something wrong? i did enable WMA playback, that's not the problem anyways but just thought i'd throw that out there.

If you can help me with my problem i think some REP is deserved.

Thanks,
    ~SensesFail

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Meta-Knight's # 1 Fan SSBBFan101's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8246-2463-9009-5471
    maybe you should e-mail sony about this problem, or maybe there is somthing in your ps3 manual. i hope i have helped, im sorry if i didnt.

Thanks idjut for the sig.
    -=Join The Waluigi Fan Club (WFC)=-

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    You have to make a file in the usb device named "MUSIC", capitals and exact spelling are needed, And put all your music files in there. Same with movies and such on memory sticks. Don't know about the mp3 players, mine works fine.
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6520-0310-8610-0194
    also you can select your device (in the music menu) and press the triangle button. Then select "display all". This will give you a listing of all your folders and files stored in the usb device. That way you can navigate to where you have your music stored.
    En México ya nos DESPEJAMOS!! <-- Local Joke

Member #
    Friends
    thanks jledesma, it worked for me.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Ads