Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3099-0319-5478-2979

EA: PS3 to outsell 360 this year?

Electronic Arts has predicted that the Wii will remain the dominant platform in the West in 2008, but that the PS3 will enjoy better sales than the 360.

According to sales predictions issued by EA, the Wii will continue to dominate hardware sales in both North America and Europe, predicting that Nintendo’s console will sell between 12 and 14 million units during 2008.

However, the race for second place looks like it will be an interesting one, with the PS3 predicted to sell between 9.5 and 11.5 million units in the West this year, whereas the 360 will “only” manage 6-8 million during the same timeframe.

It seems that this shift in fortunes is going to be down to Europe. According to EA’s predictions, 5-6 million PS3s will be sold in Europe this year, compared to 6.5-7.5 million Wiis and 1.5-2.5 million 360s.

In North America, EA reckons the both the 360 and PS3 will sell around 4.5-5.5 million units each, while the Wii will sell around a million more.

More importantly, with EA forecasting that only 3.9-4.9 million PS2s will be sold this year in the West – noticeably less than the next-gen formats – it seems that the games market is well on its way to moving on from the last generation of console.
    Source

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    I do think PS3 will sell more this year. MGS4 and FF13.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3480-6187-2679-2938
    Omg, did T3kni9e actually agree with something positive said about the ps3? My godness, it begins...
    Would like a sig to enter here.

I have two personalities: Personality 1/Social/school= Metro/Skate/surf brand clothes and jokes. Personality 2/Wiichat=... Grammer and long words.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    ..cool but it still wont catch up to the 360. this is just one year.

good news though, if it comes true.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    It outsold the 360 this year, even though it launched in March for Europe.

http://www.gameblews.com/?p=6116

I'm pretty sure the PS3 will sell a lot more this year, especially with all the games coming out

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    it doesnt help that the 360's best games are behind them (halo 3, bioshock, mass effect), while the ps3 has MGS4, resistence 2, and final fantasy 13 coming out this year (unless final fantasy13 came out already, i dont know if it did)

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Doesn't surprise me, the PS3 has some fantastic games coming out in 2008 such as Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV. Sony has a great year ahead of them (at least in my opinion they do).
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by killik119
    Omg, did T3kni9e actually agree with something positive said about the ps3? My godness, it begins...
    Lol :P

To tell you the truth i think 360 will be in last place this generation. I think all of the best PS3 games will come this year while 360's have past with only a few good games coming.

There's still millions of ex-ps2 lovers who still do not own any new generation console who do not want the Wii, don't know anything about the 360 and are just waiting for the price drop to get PS3 and/or waiting for the great games (MGS4, FF13, Killzone). No point in denying the inevitable Besides, I have my own PS3 so its not like its a bad thing for me ^_^
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by FR
    Doesn't surprise me, the PS3 has some fantastic games coming out in 2008 such as Final Fantasy XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV.
    GTA4 is multi-platform, and whenever it comes to multi-platform, 360 has had the better end of the deal most of the time.

And who knows when FF13 will ever come out, and even if it does release this year, it will only be out in Japan, while US fans will probably have to typically wait another year, and don't even get me started on UK fans of the game..

MGS4 looks damn good, and no doubt it'll play as good as it looks.. But unless they hype it like MS did Halo 3, I doubt It'll give that dramatic of a boost in console sales.

I'm not going to assume the that either console will be better, but I am going to guess that it'll probably be a close race between the two with the way things are looking this year.

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    What about Killzone 2 and Home and LittleBigPlanet?

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Ads