Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

PS3 Hits 10.5 Million Sold

An Associated Press business article, dedicated mostly to the impending conclusion of that stupid, distracting "format war", has buried in its conclusion some PS3 sales figures. According to the piece, Sony have now sold 10.5 million PS3 consoles since launch. Which is good news for them, as it puts them squarely on track to meet their goal of selling 11 million by the end of March, a target they set themselves last December. Oh, before you go, those who like to dabble in the odd bit of conjecture and speculation should note that it's been Sony policy for a while now to count "sold" as sold, not shipped.
    Congrats PS3!

Old Signature

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status."

Member #
    Friends
    3878-8321-2254-6089
    This is great news the more sold the more online.
    PSN-kingofdoom95
    XBL-FlyingM0nkey007

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    see how they made fun of 360 in the last sentance.

"sold" as sold, not shipped.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Lol. They are halfway to Nintendo. Congrats on the massive gap Sony! Looks like a two way battle between Sony and Microsoft. You know this can all end with a serious price drop on any console. If Sony keeps price dropping and Microsoft keeps making wussy price drops without the hard drive, they may lose 2nd place this year. But that's a big if.

Highest Games Sold Per console
    Wii Sports sold over 19 million copies
    Halo 3 sold over 7 million copies
    Motor Storm sold over 2 million copies

Member #
    Friends
    Im actually predicting MS will end up in last place after all this. But I really don't care since MS is still making a profit so it shouldn't hurt them. I mean they're still known as the "kids" to the gaming world.

I wouldnt use Wii Sports or Motor Storm though, both were bundled with the console.

Resistance sold 2 million though, I think close to 3 mill, while SMG sold like 5 mill?

MSG4 will boost PS3 sales by atleast 2 million alone IMO. Alot of people are waiting for MGS4 alone, GOD I CANT WAIT!
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    You're right. Resistance is right below Motorstorm in sales. Wiisports and Motorstorm were bundles so that is a factor. Mario Galaxy is on it's way to 6 million copies. Most PS3 games never broke 800,000 copies sold. Devil May Cry 3, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank, Lair, Warhawk all sold below 1 million copies! Dismal! You don't want to know what they spent to make those games. Let's just say they didn't cover the the production costs at all ($10-$20 million per game).

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Im actually predicting MS will end up in last place after all this. But I really don't care since MS is still making a profit so it shouldn't hurt them. I mean they're still known as the "kids" to the gaming world.
    Isn't MS at 17 Million, with Nintendo at 19-20 Million though? (could be wrong).. If Microsoft ended up 3rd with a gap like that, it would have to be something pretty big..

Gikoku ハラカミ
    --------------------------

--------------------------
    Don't think. Feel...
    It's like a finger pointing to the moon.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory.
    ~Bruce Lee, Wing Chun.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Lol. They are halfway to Nintendo. Congrats on the massive gap Sony! Looks like a two way battle between Sony and Microsoft. You know this can all end with a serious price drop on any console. If Sony keeps price dropping and Microsoft keeps making wussy price drops without the hard drive, they may lose 2nd place this year. But that's a big if.

Highest Games Sold Per console
    Wii Sports sold over 19 million copies
    Halo 3 sold over 7 million copies
    Motor Storm sold over 2 million copies
    why did you do wii sports? that doesnt even count...

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Is mayo an instrument? Axl Rose's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm happy for Sony. At first i thought it would be a big fat FAIL. Ever since they had that price drop, they've sold a lot. And the stores are overstocked with them too. I went to Best Buy a few days ago and there were PS3s in the music aisle. They were friggen' everywhere. It's almost like they were desperate to sell them. But still, they are doing phenomenal. Just like the X-Box 360, it was crap at first, but a year later and it has finally lived up to it's name. Kudos to you Sony!

LISTEN TO

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gikoku
    Isn't MS at 17 Million, with Nintendo at 19-20 Million though? (could be wrong).. If Microsoft ended up 3rd with a gap like that, it would have to be something pretty big..
    Yea but you have to remember that Xbox 360 has been out a year longer.

After 1 year Xbox 360 sold like 11 million
    After 1 year PS3 sold 10.5 million

Looks like its pretty much the same...

Xbox made too many mistakes this generation, mainly the failure rates of the console which hurt MS's reputation severely in the gaming world and hurt its sales for potential buyers.

So I predict Xbox 360 will come in dead last out of PS3/Wii/360.

It's even highly possible MS screws Xbox owners by releasing the new console before Sony/Nintendo once again. Im predicting 2010 a new MS console being released so that would make a 5-year span just like the original Xbox. In the end I predict maybe 30 million units sold by 360, maybe less.

I could be wrong :P It's just my prediction...
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads