LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Lol zeon... Gear of War 3 on PS3 is like expecting MGS4 on 360. It won't happen... MS owns the rights to Gears of War just like Nintendo owns the rights to Donkey Kong and Mario, it won't happen. Also like someone said, thats just some random Analyst making guesses. They claim its going to be like GTA/RE. But GTA was never a title owned by PS2 and nor was RE a title owned by Nintendo, those were just contracts they had to develop games on their console. But I could be wrong, but not likely...

Mass Effect 2 could come to PS3 depending on the situation. I expected MS to own the rights to Mass Effect, but I don't really know the whole situation but it doesn't seem possible that MS doesn't own the rights to ME also.

ME2 to be released on PC even simultaneously is not improbable though since MS doesn't mind releasing their exclusives on PC.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by zeon9881
    no,

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=178082

and

condmned 2 came to ps3 but condemned is exclusive

123 DMC are exclusive but 4 is multy
    dont use "analyst" as a source. its retarded, and hes retarded. microsoft publishes gears of war and itll stay that way. even if microsoft does only own gow for a sequel (which no source is cited on) they will pay serious money to make sure it stays on them if talk comes of it coming to the ps3.
    Last edited by Sovieto; 03-14-2008 at 09:54 PM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Doesn't MS own the rights to the Mass Effect franchise?
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    8294-6630-1949-8016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkfish
    Doesn't MS own the rights to the Mass Effect franchise?
    Yep. Game is published by MS too.

Brawl FC: 2707-1283-4208
    If you're online frequently, send me a PM that you added me.

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Tis what I thought. I'm pretty sure MS isn't gonna let one of their better franchises slip out of exclusivity.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Mario kart madness Mojor Skittish's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6375-5345-9532-5653
    Gears of war 3 aint coming to the ps3
    mario strikers charged fc 081715 212642
    MOH H2 Persona=MajorSkitish
    Battalion wars2 fc=PM me because i forgot

Member #
    Friends
    1830-2062-7374-0757
    Didn't Frontlines have problems working on anything? lol...Joke. Seriously, did the dev's update the glitch frenzy in it yet?

Why couldn't MGS4 come to the 360, wasn't there a MGS spin off on the original Xbox. Wasn't it called Subsistence or something?

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Yeaaa I don't think so, definitely not Gears of War... Not sure about Mass Effect, but meh.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    First off it all Depends on the Contract written up by MS and the Dev company. None of these games are 1st party most wouldn't even be considered true 2nd party, just dedicated 3rd.

With "Mass Effect" Bioware/EA has creative rights, They gave exclusivity to MS but depending on the Contract they could open it up or open it up after a set amount of time "6 months or so as stated in most exclusivity contracts with some type of payout to MS for the deal".

Same goes for "Gears of War" It's creative rights are owned by Epic Games, Not MS... MS just "leases" the games and exclusivity depending on the contract and all that it entails they could also split in certain circumstances.

Seems like we are seeing alot of this between 360/PS3 they just do not have the revenue to keep buying exclusive rights it really cuts into what profit they do make.
    All this will effect is amount of console sales lost due to the games, the overall game sales wont be hurt but helped greatly by this kinda move. If they don't have the cash to keep them around "make up for lost multi sales" they could loose them.

MS/Sony need to "shit or get off the pot" when it comes to games, They have very few real 1st party games "with 100% rights owned" the majority are exclusive 3rd party and some very money hungry 2nd party.
    If I was them I would invest what money I have left in my gaming budget to buy up devs to make my own 1st party instead of wasting cash on exclusives to the money hungry 2nd and 3rd party. If they keep going at this pace they will just run out of money and it will be nothing but a prefference of a Video Game Player to play all the 3rd party universal games on.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wezeles
    First off it all Depends on the Contract written up by MS and the Dev company. None of these games are 1st party most wouldn't even be considered true 2nd party, just dedicated 3rd.

With "Mass Effect" Bioware/EA has creative rights, They gave exclusivity to MS but depending on the Contract they could open it up or open it up after a set amount of time "6 months or so as stated in most exclusivity contracts with some type of payout to MS for the deal".

Same goes for "Gears of War" It's creative rights are owned by Epic Games, Not MS... MS just "leases" the games and exclusivity depending on the contract and all that it entails they could also split in certain circumstances.

Seems like we are seeing alot of this between 360/PS3 they just do not have the revenue to keep buying exclusive rights it really cuts into what profit they do make.
    All this will effect is amount of console sales lost due to the games, the overall game sales wont be hurt but helped greatly by this kinda move. If they don't have the cash to keep them around "make up for lost multi sales" they could loose them.

MS/Sony need to "shit or get off the pot" when it comes to games, They have very few real 1st party games "with 100% rights owned" the majority are exclusive 3rd party and some very money hungry 2nd party.
    If I was them I would invest what money I have left in my gaming budget to buy up devs to make my own 1st party instead of wasting cash on exclusives to the money hungry 2nd and 3rd party. If they keep going at this pace they will just run out of money and it will be nothing but a prefference of a Video Game Player to play all the 3rd party universal games on.
    But you don't know, you are making assumptions just like everyone else. No one has released any info on who owns the rights to Mass Effect or Gears of War. So you are just assuming MS doesn't own the rights. Which is why I assume MS owns the rights to ME and Gears. Both were planned trilogies so the logical thing would be for MS to make sure they aquire those rights. Also the publisher tends to be the one who owns the rights not the developers. Publishers finance the developers to keep producing the game. GTA isn't owned by Sony because SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) did not publish the game, Take 2 did... Resident Evil was not published by SCE, Capcom did... Same with Devil May Cry 1/2/3. Also I take back what I said about MGS4, that was wrong. Konomi owns those rights not Sony.

A better analogy would be... Gears of War 3 coming to PS3 is like Rachet and Clank coming to 360. But I don't know about ME, Im not sure if EA or MS has the publishing rights.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Ads