Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3878-8321-2254-6089
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    The 80gb model is still around and it looks like its replacement with the bigger drive will still have the software-based backwards compatibility like the 80gb model.
    At this time there has been no announcement fo a larger HDD ps3 all that has been released is that they will bring out the MGS4 bundle.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...lease-date-by/
    Last edited by wii maniac; 03-18-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    PSN-kingofdoom95
    XBL-FlyingM0nkey007

Member #
    Friends
    80gig is still around if you can shop around and find it on the internet. Maybe some smaller stores around. But if you go into a Gamestop/Circuit City/Best Buy/Wal-Mart you will not find a 80gig because it has been discontinued.

But it supposed to come back as a MGS4 bundle which will cost $500
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    5662-4093-3200-8333
    -High failure rate (even with the newer systems)

think about that
    one of my friends are in there 4th 360
    after he got a ps3
    no more problems

do you want to have a system with 36% failure rate
    i heard its double 36%

Member #
    Friends
    You heard it was double 36%...

That would make it 72% failure rate haha

The highest failure rate reported was 33% and thats 1/3rd of all 360's. The new 360's have cut that in half after surveys have reported that its about 16% now.

Now... I have a 360 and it broke twice on me. One was RROD and 2nd was Disc drive. The disc drive has been updated with a new Samsung drive which im pretty confident it won't break again.

Even after breaking twice, with the disc drive breaking 9 days after recieving my repaired 360 back, I still prefer my 360 over my PS3 simply because online and the games 360 has and is coming. I actually for a second thought about selling my 360 and buying a 2nd PS3, but after looking at my games for 1 second and thinking about the games scheduled for release this year there is no way in hell I would trade in my 360 for any console.

Hell, I rather sell my PS3 and my Wii just so I can keep my RROD loving console.
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    My friend has a PS3, I have a 360. Who has the better games? Who's getting the most enjoyment out of their purchase?

Me. Get a 360, you won't regret it.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey, what part of GA you live?

Member #
    Friends
    I was in the same position a few weeks ago, and I ended up picking the PS3. There are some nice 360 exclusives I wanted, but there were also a lot of games that are both 360/PS3, and the PS3 has some nice exclusives too.

They were both pretty much equal, but the PS3 having Blu-ray, and the 360's high failure rate steered me towards buying the PS3.

P.S. If you like card battle/RPG games, check out Eye of Judgment.

Member #
    Friends
    Nookslave-So, I'm not sure what to buy. Gamewise, I'm leaning towards PS3 because of it's huge library of PS2 games that I have yet to play but really want to (God of War 1&2, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia, Jak, Rachet and Clank, ect.) and it's upcoming exclusives like KH3, GoW3, GTA4, and others.

GTA4 is also on the 360. in fact it is coming with more content then the ps3 version.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, from what everyone said, I think I'm going to buy the 80gb MGS4 PS3 because it plays all PS1 and PS2 games, has free online, drastically lower failure rate, and just seems to have the games I want (Oblivion, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, ect) , and all of the upcoming games.

Plus, for the price of the PS3, you're getting a Blu-Ray Dvd Player, Picture, Movie, Video media center, and a great video game system.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I agree with your decision, and by the way, you can turn the Six-axis off in Warhawk, and when you do that, it turns into an AMAZING game. It's literally the only game I have for my PS3 and I don't regret getting it at all. Not to mention Resistence 2 coming out.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Ads