LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Well, I'm on the fence about buying a PS3...

I bought my Wii specifically for Smash Brothers, but now that I'm actually playing it, it's just...Smash Brothers. No voice chat, crappiest online available, and just so much more.

So, I'll probably keep my Wii for Animal Crossing Wii, Pikmin 3, Starfox, ect, but I want a new console; Specifically, an Xbox 360 or a PS3.

Now, Here's how I see it.

Xbox 360
    ------------
    +Great online
    +A lot of my friends have xbox live
    +Some great exclusive games
    +Plays HD DVD
    +Great graphics

-Pay for online
    -HD DVD is now dead
    -Not as great graphics as PS3
    -Not as many original Xbox games worth playing on the 360

PS3
    ---------
    +Good online and it's free
    +Lot's of exclusive games like Drake's Fortune, Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War 3, ect.
    +Plays Blu-Ray, which is now the official HD Player
    +Amazing graphics
    +Humongous library of PS2 games to play like the Jaks, Rachet and Clanks, God of Wars, Kingdom Hearts, ect.

-Not as large of an online community as Xbox Live
    -Expensive price if you don't want it stripped of features
    -Sixaxis looks like it seriously clogs up control of Warhawk and shooters
    -No voice chat (Does it have voice chat? Correct me if I'm wrong)

So, I'm not sure what to buy. Gamewise, I'm leaning towards PS3 because of it's huge library of PS2 games that I have yet to play but really want to (God of War 1&2, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia, Jak, Rachet and Clank, ect.) and it's upcoming exclusives like KH3, GoW3, GTA4, and others.

But, a lot of my friends have Xbox Live and want me to get a 360 to play online with them. How is the PS3 community? Large? Friendly?

Please post, I'd like people to add +'s and -'s and give user opinions.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    Quote Originally Posted by Nookslave
    I bought my Wii specifically for Smash Brothers, but now that I'm actually playing it, it's just...Smash Brothers. No voice chat, crappiest online available, and just so much more.

So, I'll probably keep my Wii for Animal Crossing Wii, Pikmin 3, Starfox, ect, but I want a new console; Specifically, an Xbox 360 or a PS3.

Now, Here's how I see it.

Xbox 360
    ------------
    +Great online
    +A lot of my friends have xbox live
    +Some great exclusive games
    +Plays HD DVD
    +Great graphics

-Pay for online
    -HD DVD is now dead

PS3
    ---------
    +Good online and it's free
    +Lot's of exclusive games like Drake's Fortune, Kingdom Hearts 3, God of War 3, ect.
    +Plays Blu-Ray, which is now the official HD Player
    +Amazing graphics
    +Humongous library of PS2 games to play like the Jaks, Rachet and Clanks, God of Wars, Kingdom Hearts, ect.

-Not as large of an online community as Xbox Live
    -Expensive price if you don't want it stripped of features

So, I'm not sure what to buy. Gamewise, I'm leaning towards PS3 because of it's huge library of PS2 games that I have yet to play but really want to (God of War 1&2, Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Grand Theft Auto, Prince of Persia, Jak, Rachet and Clank, ect.) and it's upcoming exclusives like KH3, GoW3, GTA4, and others.

But, a lot of my friends have Xbox Live and want me to get a 360 to play online with them. How is the PS3 community? Large? Friendly?

Please post, I'd like people to add +'s and -'s and give user opinions.
    what does HD DVD being dead have anything to do with the 360?
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

Member #
    Friends
    5662-4093-3200-8333
    get a ps3

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Err, Kingdom hearts 3 not a confirmed exclusive, in fact, much speculation that it may either move or go multiformat.

Also, I've yet to see something the 360 couldn't do on a PS3. All I see is the same game: i.e. ports.

360 does have some great exclusives. Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising, Lost Odysey, etc...

Oh, and the PS2 is actually quite cheap to pick up anyway.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ahh the memories of this decision I made a couple of months back (I went for the PS3 by the way).

All you need to do is decide which one has the exclusives that you want more. It's that simple (although it might not be that simple to decide which ones are better for you - if you can, great!)
    So check out the list of exclusives for each and make your choice.

Of course, the 360's community is larger than the PS3's, since it has been out a year longer, but the PS3 community is still large. There's always going to be people online - and I've found it's very friendly. But as I said, just see which exclusives you want and decide that way, there's not enough to put the two apart other than the exclusives.

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    Add to the list that you can play with ME if you get a 360
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    HD-DVD isn't really a factor for 360 since it was just an add-on. But 360 has Hi def digital downloads.

I have both 360 and PS3 and the graphics are the same so far, so I don't know where you got that from... Also, don't Wii players always say "Graphics isn't everything?"

Paying for online shouldn't be an issule unless you can't afford $4 a month...

Kingdom Hearts 3 is not confirmed and God of War 3 won't be coming until 2009.

Also PS2 games cannot be played on the PS3, so the original PS2 games should not even be a factor. Unless you can find a 80gig/60gig which has been discontinued and are both more expensive.

There is voice chat, but you have to buy yourself a mic seperately. Also not many people talk as much on the PS3. Most games are extremely quiet when compared to 360's online.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3878-8321-2254-6089
    You can get the new 80gb in june with B/C with MGS4 and Duelshock 3.I completly agree with Lewi T on all of what he said.
    PSN-kingofdoom95
    XBL-FlyingM0nkey007

Member #
    Friends
    Xbox 360
    ------------
    -Pay for online
    -HD DVD is now dead
    -High failure rate (even with the newer systems)

PS3
    ---------
    Motion control is completely optional for Warhawk and is actually turned off by default.

Most online games do have voice chat (Warhawk even comes with a bluetooth headset if you buy it in stores).

I don't have a 360 to compare with personally, but from what I hear, the 360's community is more active and lively, however things could start to shift once Home (which is free) is up an running.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by T3kNi9e
    Also PS2 games cannot be played on the PS3, so the original PS2 games should not even be a factor. Unless you can find a 80gig/60gig which has been discontinued and are both more expensive.
    The 80gb model is still around and it looks like its replacement with the bigger drive will still have the software-based backwards compatibility like the 80gb model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads