+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Roast View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    really? i was expecting them to come with the HD cable but not included the other ones. i mean wouldn't that make more sense considering practically everybody has an HD TV?
    But you see, Analog and Component (more so Analog) can be used for SD and HD TVs, where as HDMI cables can't be plugged into SD TVs, not to mention the cost.
    i seriously think they should include the HD cables and not the other ones. i mean practically everybody has an HD tv so it just makes more sense and it would make a bit more money too in my opinion.

Member #
    Friends
    really? i was expecting them to come with the HD cable but not included the other ones. i mean wouldn't that make more sense considering practically everybody has an HD TV?
    But you see, Analog and Component (more so Analog) can be used for SD and HD TVs, where as HDMI cables can't be plugged into SD TVs, not to mention the cost.
    i seriously think they should include the HD cables and not the other ones. i mean practically everybody has an HD tv so it just makes more sense and it would make a bit more money too in my opinion.
    Ya know whats funny? Im ganna praise sony here. God i cant believe im ganna do this, I HATE SONY! But i have to do it.

I dont mind getting the HDMI cables seprate. I went into this thinking i want an HD console. So i was ganna go get the one with the, arguably but my opinion non the less, best software library. So i was ganna go get me a 360.

Then i started really looking into it. $100 for a god damn wireless adapter? Um PS3 has it for free. Put that on top of the $50 a year for Live, even though i already knew this. Oh and the incredable failure rate and i was all like **** M$.

I dont care about Blue ray, i wont use it. I get a gaming machine to ya know, play games. But its free so no biggy lol.

About the Library. I HATE console FPS's. Well kinda. I like anything with good RPG elements, even an FPS so well see what its got to offer. I dont do console FPS online against other players because i needs my mouse and keyboard. So i play those on my PC.

My first 2 games im looking at are Infamous and Marvel Ultamite Alliance 2.

What are some other good Action RPG's? I already got Fallout 3 on PC. I also like Co-op online stuff. Like Left 4 Dead. Already got that on PC too. Part of the reason i didnt mind not getting a 360, i get most of the games on PC anyways.

Thanks again. Im really trying to like PS3 fans now that im ganna be getting one lol. being a Wii fan its been tough but im trying. I really am...

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    Ya know whats funny? Im ganna praise sony here. God i cant believe im ganna do this, I HATE SONY! But i have to do it.

I dont mind getting the HDMI cables seprate. I went into this thinking i want an HD console. So i was ganna go get the one with the, arguably but my opinion non the less, best software library. So i was ganna go get me a 360.

Then i started really looking into it. $100 for a god damn wireless adapter? Um PS3 has it for free. Put that on top of the $50 a year for Live, even though i already knew this. Oh and the incredable failure rate and i was all like **** M$.

I dont care about Blue ray, i wont use it. I get a gaming machine to ya know, play games. But its free so no biggy lol.

About the Library. I HATE console FPS's. Well kinda. I like anything with good RPG elements, even an FPS so well see what its got to offer. I dont do console FPS online against other players because i needs my mouse and keyboard. So i play those on my PC.

What are some other good Action RPG's? I already got Fallout 3 on PC. I also like Co-op online stuff. Like Left 4 Dead. Already got that on PC too. Part of the reason i didnt mind not getting a 360, i get most of the games on PC anyways.

Thanks again. Im really trying to like PS3 fans now that im ganna be getting one lol. being a Wii fan its been tough but im trying. I really am...
    Valkryia Chronices and Folklore are two very good RPGs. Valkyria is more of a tactical RPG, whereas Folkore is more of a traditional type. I honestly just purchased Valkyria and haven't really gotten too far into it yet, but I'm impressed with the battle system and the backstory.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000

Action RPG? I know a great one. A little game by the name of the Elder Scrolls Oblivion. In fact, it's one of the best RPG's I've ever played. If you're really a fan of the genre, it would suit you perfectly.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    the best strategy RPG with a funny as all hell storyline is Disgaea 3. and you don't need to play the first 2 to understand the plot either.(though you won't know some characters during the afterstory)

and a good co-op game is RE5. you mentioned you like L4D so its definately worth getting.

oh and a must for the PS3 is LBP. you won't be disappointed

Member #
    Friends
    Well i got my PS3. So far im diggin it.

I got Marv UA2. And i didnt have enough $ for Infamous so i got the Demo for free lol.

Not too much time to play tonight so i just messed with Inf and messed around in Home. Home is a lot of fun i must say.

I love the internet on the system. And the hard drive...These 2 things are things i really with Nintendo would have, or at least have on there next system. Graphics r a plus too although im not a huge graphics guy.

Anyways if anyone ever wants to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance hit me up.

PSN: Kage_848

Member #
    Friends
    8622-4911-2881-8614
    Ok i have decided to get a PS3.

What do i need?

I know the online is ganna be fine with free WiFi.
    What about connecting to the TV, i need an HDMI cable correct?
    Do the wireless controllers need a charging station? or do they recharge with whatever comes with the system?

Also does anyone know of another controller i could buy that has the left analog stick up more on the controller? Like the 360 one.

Thanks for any info you have.
    They come with a cable that plugs into the controller and any powered USB port to charge it... HDMI cable is needed if your TV has that input... Logitech make a PS3 controller like you are looking for...

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...oduct_id=74984

there he goes, one of god's own prototypes... a high powered mutant of some kind,
    never even considered for mass production... too weird to live, and too rare to die...

Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Member #
    Friends
    Ok i wasnt sure if i should make a new thread or what so i just decided to make this an update.

Demon's Souls is the best game ever.

/End Thread

WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Congrats on the new PS3. I doubt you will be dissappointed.

UNCHARTED 2 is a MUST buy.

PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

Member #
    Friends
    Yea i feel bad about Uncharted 2. I played the first on the demo and hated it soo much. I was never a fan of the Tomb Raider games and this game just dont seem like its for me.

I like games where you char gets stronger. Like lvlin up and picking new skills and stuff. Diablo 2 is prob the best example of a perfect game for me.

Ads