LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Is PS3 worth it?

Ok, so my birthday is June 8th, and my mates and my girlfriend are talking about chipping in to buy me a PS3 (Since my Xbox recently got RROD... Stupid Microsoft...) This summer I finally head off to college to get my Masters in game design So they wanted to get me a PS since I'm huge Sony fanboy. I want to know, though, is it worth it? I mean should I cancel my Xbox live account, kick my Xbox out the window, and welcome in PSN? Kids and obnoxious people have ruined Xbox Live for me, and Wii multiplayer is total bollocks, so to me PSN sounds good. I'd appreciate your input!

Geoff "Gaz" Smith

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GazSmith View Post
    Ok, so my birthday is June 8th, and my mates and my girlfriend are talking about chipping in to buy me a PS3 (Since my Xbox recently got RROD... Stupid Microsoft...) This summer I finally head off to college to get my Masters in game design So they wanted to get me a PS since I'm huge Sony fanboy. I want to know, though, is it worth it? I mean should I cancel my Xbox live account, kick my Xbox out the window, and welcome in PSN? Kids and obnoxious people have ruined Xbox Live for me, and Wii multiplayer is total bollocks, so to me PSN sounds good. I'd appreciate your input!

Geoff "Gaz" Smith
    The famous Shiftwhowhat has come back from years of agonizing absence to tell you ...

Yes, the PS3 is worth it. Sony has some surprises coming up which will only make the PS3 even better than it already is. From my experience at GDC, I was very impressed with the funky 80's super wand..er I mean Playstation Move.

Honestly, why would you go for a masters in Game Design? It is completely unnecessary. You should be spending time writing GDDs, having some basic environment art and level designs in a portfolio.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    dude Ps3 FTW! go for it!

Member #
    Friends
    6520-0310-8610-0194
    Yes, it is worth it. There are now a good amount of exclusive AAA games, the PSN has grown a lot, and while it's nothing like the M$ Live service it's still free.
    En México ya nos DESPEJAMOS!! <-- Local Joke

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout View Post
    Honestly, why would you go for a masters in Game Design? It is completely unnecessary. You should be spending time writing GDDs, having some basic environment art and level designs in a portfolio.
    Well, things are quite different here in the UK... You have to have a degree to do anything, no matter what you pursue. Even little companies that only make small MMOs require Bachelors, and bigger firms require a Masters to even consider you. While in the US you need experience first, here a Masters is a fasttrack to a job.

Member #
    Friends
    I say it is. Especially now that inFAMOUS 2 is coming out. To me, it's the best series. And you can get thousands of other games. The consol rocks and if you have a GameStop or EBGames near you (preferrably GameStop), your PS3 gaming needs are fulfilled.

May the gods of gaming give you great success in God of War and other PlayStation exclusives. (Bows)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    yea im doing the same thing so I gotta go all through that

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    it all depends on your own personal preference...
    whether or not its worth it is up to you..

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-5590-3447-6777
    Quote Originally Posted by GazSmith View Post

Geoff "Gaz" Smith
    No the ps3 isn't worth at all. I used to own a ps3 and a ps3 slim. the exclusives are really not that great. (haze, modnation racers, gow 3[overrated, nothing special], lbp, resistance, etc are all lame games. and sony's characters died. What I mean is all the series are dead like god of war, mgs, etc. modnation racers was a terrible game. Big rip off of mario kart. You can make your own stuff, but it's not like people look at it. dont get me started with Little big planet, talk about boring. ps3 takes long on some games for online play, especially with mgs 4 and modnation racers. the loading times are terrible. I just sold my ps3, and I don't miss it. ps3 is the last thing I will ever buy from sony. If you want a blu ray player buy one. Don't even get me started with the lame ps store!
    I went to Wiiso .com this place is lame and noone chats here anymore! Good bye. meet me at wiiso, it's better!

Member #
    Friends
    I dont think the ps3 is worth it but everyone has there own opipon

Ads