LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0496-9037-0480-5253
    by the looks of it, if they continue to take these loses they wont be in the gaming industry for to long

Console number: 0496903704805253

PM if you add me please

Member #
    Friends
    you say that now but we will see in the future. ill admit that it looks pretty bad for sony as of right now but al companys have ther down years and high years and im sure sony will come back

Member #
    Friends
    but only time will tell. i will say this because i feel im qualified, own both a ps3 and a nintendo wii. please remeber its( my opinion ) the sony ps3 is a blast. it offers alot at launch and the graphics are mind boggling. i thought that twilight princess had terrific graphics, and it DOES!!!! but honestly nintendo has been kind of a let down so far for me. i enjoy twilight princess and wii sports, ad red steel even though i strongly strongly believe it should of been mature- it needs more blood, its to kiddy(im not saying that wii is kiddy) but this game is kiddy. the biggest reason is because nintendo has units but its software stuff is not up, opera broswer, news, weather which is gonna be awesome, and of course they didnt have s**t for virtual console games. but i have all the faith in nintendo on getting its roots. as of right now the ps3 is better then the wii in my opinion. but i know nintendo will come out with some good games in the future. as for sony, they will do fine and they will succeed and yes there will be another ps4,another xbox, and someday a new nintendo because these are companies, and if they think they can make money they will and the video game industry is STILL climaxing to being a huge industry. i more thing id like to add is that i think sony will have a ps4 is that ive been to many forums on both and well im not saying all people but id say a majority of gamers for wii are younger than 20. And ps3 seems to be 18+, thats just a estimate, doesnt mean everyone. but it kinda adds up because a 13 year cant spend 1000 dollars, unless hes rich. adults can afford to spend alot more hense being older because they have jobs. so the point is that all 3 companies will come out with a new console in the future including a ps4!!!
    this is my opinion and please respect it. i am not trying to be biased im just trying to explain why i think there will be a ps4.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey, remember when Sega was the 2nd biggest console? Never say never.

Member #
    Friends
    7327-3524-0739-1946
    I think Sony messed up because the PS3's price tag of $600 scares off even the most hardcore of gamers. However I don't think this will be the end of Sony in the video game race because they have a lot of money to dump into the next gen of systems to try to get back in the race. I do think that Sony has a long road ahead of them because of their launch. You can see the lack of interest in the system in the second hand sales of the system. When if first came out people were paying $1,500-$2,000 for them and now people selling them would be lucky to get $850 for it. I have also heard due to the shortage of PS3's, many parents are offering their children a 360 for x-mas and a Wii when they are back in stock because they can not get a PS3 in time for x-mas. Also many of they game creators who were contracted exclusively to Sony are now choosing to make their games available on all platforms which shows a lack of faith in the PS3.
    live in your world. Get pwned in mine.

Hardware: Wii System, 2 Wiimotes, 1 nunchucku

Games: Mario Party 8, Resident Evil 4, Tiger Woods 08, WiiSports

VC Games: Mario 2, Punch Out, Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64

Member #
    Friends
    sony will fail if blue ray does. every gamer needs to buy 30 game for the ps3 before sony needs to make a profit. 30 games... thats a TON!!!!! well if they make blue ray the standard for the next hd movie format, it will be worth loosing 300$ a console. Sony needs blue ray. It is a major gamble and if it doesent pan out its all over, for their game division at least. Blue ray is Odysis and the ps3 is the trojan horse and sony are the greeks. its last ditch effort to get blue ray into the homes of everyone that buys the ps3. to win a format war as big as vhs vs betamax Is huge for sony (they are avoding taxs in japan) and everyone knows people buy more movies then games, so if sony had royalties on every home movie bought a few years down the road (when all tv is hd) they will be back as strong as ever. Sony could win the console war, but still loose the hd dvd war, and if they do they still loose. I think they need both to pull themselves out of debt.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatleon
    Hey, remember when Sega was the 2nd biggest console? Never say never.
    But then there were only two major consoles makers back in the old days and the others like PC-engine and Neo-Geo never make it to other continents if you knew what they were.....

Anyway, Sony is a big company that can weather the storms, they won't just give away the emperor they built up in the gaming sector so easily. however, PS3 is rather disappointing apart from its graphics power. Xbox 360is even hopeless, can't find a good title.

However, i'm thinking Nintendo still have a lot of secrets under their hat, they may just release an upgrade version of Wii that support HD with more powerful graphics... to put them on par with PS3 and Xbox and trump them with the good gameplay exp....

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    sorry if this has been posted (couldnt be bothered to read it all) but sony loses $200 on every ps3 they sell

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

wiiiing since 11/19/06 wiiCrazy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0738-7957-2604-0610
    C'mon guys! Sony isn't "going under" anytime soon.
    A.) The Playstation will probably slowly get fixed, as the way the PS1, and PS2 did, until it is a good solid console. Just buyin 1 at launch is f###n stoopid!

B.)even if, and i mean IF, Playstation went out of business, sony has PLENTY of other resources to keep it afloat for quite awhile (10-20yr~?~) such as:

TV's
    Media Players
    Computers (Vaio anyone?)
    Sony pictures : (aka Spiderman, etc....etc...)
    ETC>>>>>>.......

So-my guess is even if the PS3 belly flops BAD sony has enough to float it just fine, AND even develop a totally different game system if they so chose.

and comparing it to SEGA? like apples to oranges bro.

WiiChat Member motherbrainrulez's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8024-1926-5495-8435
    oh and they scrapped the design in january and lost about $1 billion

Thanks to Pepper for the sig
    I am leader of the Super Metroid fanclub

Ads