LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097

    Three reasons why ps3 is a waste

    1) Directx10. IGN: Crysis Trailer, Videos and Movies

    2) Format war is still up in the air

    3) Final Fantasy 13 isn't coming out anytime soon.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  2. #2
    UNACCEPTABLE The_Mitch's Avatar
    Member #
    648
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Milford Ohio
    Posts
    3,145
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    while i dont personaly like the PS3, i gotta say that those reasons are stupid (besides #2). DX10 is what just about ALL PC games use and ALL xbox games use (the original xbox was supposed to be called DirectX Box because of it using Direct X. FF13 not comming out soon is just a stupid reason. who the hell cares about that? sure its a good game but the fact that it isnt coming out soon being a reason the PS3 sucks is just moronic

    KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.


    Thanks DBloke for the sig

    I miss my weighted companion cube

    Spoiler Alert!


  3. #3
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    while i dont personaly like the PS3, i gotta say that those reasons are stupid (besides #2). DX10 is what just about ALL PC games use and ALL xbox games use (the original xbox was supposed to be called DirectX Box because of it using Direct X. FF13 not comming out soon is just a stupid reason. who the hell cares about that? sure its a good game but the fact that it isnt coming out soon being a reason the PS3 sucks is just moronic
    It was a nondirect way of saying the ps3 has shitty games out.

    And everything you said about dx10....lmao.

    1) Yes it is a pc thing.

    2) It isn't out yet

    3) What does DirectX Box have to do with anything lol

    4) You kind of missed the whole point.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  4. #4
    WiiChat Member Flip's Avatar
    Member #
    1838
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    756
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6487-0727-1500-1514
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch2025
    DX10 is what just about ALL PC games use and ALL xbox games use...
    DirectX is used by both of these systems. DirectX 10, is not. I assume you meant to say DirectX in the first place.
    *Image Removed By Moderator*

  5. #5
    WiiChat Member didibus's Avatar
    Member #
    1441
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1) Your first reason is pointless, since neither Xbox/Wii or PS3 uses DirectX 10. Plus, since PS3 use Open GL ES and we don't really know how far it's capabilities can be pushed, we can't say it's inferior to directx 10 yet.

    2) While Blue-Ray might have competition from HD-DVD. It is the superior format. More space, more bandwhith, better coating. So it's no denying that for video games it's superior to DVDs and that games might profit from it's capacity. For movies, we'll have to see. I sure hope blue-ray wins, since I feel 200gig might be required at some point,tv series box sets or trilogies etc... Plus, think backup, I'd like to be able to burn a 4 layer 200gig Blue-Ray, but I'm not so hyped at burning a 30gig HD-DVD.

    3) But it's comming out? So, what's your point? And it's not like the only good game comming out on PS3 is FF13.
    I'll list a couple: Rainbow Six: Vegas, Oblivion, Fear, NBA Street, Formula One, Heavenly Sword, Lair, MotorStorm, Fight Night Round 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Armored Core 4, Coded Arms, Haze, Turok, Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament 07, Warhawk, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tekken 6, Grand Theft Auto 4.

    Just to name a few... And they are all coming out before Final Fantasy 13

    So I really didn't see your point. All we can conclude is: it has great potential.
    But buy a Wii anyway

  6. #6
    WiiChat Member Master Foot's Avatar
    Member #
    6145
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    388
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5574-4537-7049-7984
    1. Actually, the fact that the format war is still up in the air is a valid reason in determining the PS3's value. If BluRay fails (which I hope), the PS3 will immediately become an obsolete HD movie player.

    2. The same games are on 360.

    3. Sony's build quality is atrocious. (My PS1, PS2, and 5 DualShocks bit the dust)

    4. After buying it, you are likely to be killed before stepping out the store.

  7. #7
    ₪ ۩ ₪ vagrant's Avatar
    Member #
    2707
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    3,249
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by didibus
    1) Your first reason is pointless, since neither Xbox/Wii or PS3 uses DirectX 10. Plus, since PS3 use Open GL ES and we don't really know how far it's capabilities can be pushed, we can't say it's inferior to directx 10 yet.

    2) While Blue-Ray might have competition from HD-DVD. It is the superior format. More space, more bandwhith, better coating. So it's no denying that for video games it's superior to DVDs and that games might profit from it's capacity. For movies, we'll have to see. I sure hope blue-ray wins, since I feel 200gig might be required at some point,tv series box sets or trilogies etc... Plus, think backup, I'd like to be able to burn a 4 layer 200gig Blue-Ray, but I'm not so hyped at burning a 30gig HD-DVD.

    3) But it's comming out? So, what's your point? And it's not like the only good game comming out on PS3 is FF13.
    I'll list a couple: Rainbow Six: Vegas, Oblivion, Fear, NBA Street, Formula One, Heavenly Sword, Lair, MotorStorm, Fight Night Round 3, Virtua Fighter 5, Armored Core 4, Coded Arms, Haze, Turok, Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament 07, Warhawk, Killzone 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tekken 6, Grand Theft Auto 4.

    Just to name a few... And they are all coming out before Final Fantasy 13

    So I really didn't see your point. All we can conclude is: it has great potential.
    But buy a Wii anyway

    1) The purpose of mentioning directx10 was because people's argument for the ps3 is it's graphics. Yet pc gaming graphics are going to blow minds with directx10.

    2) HD-DVD has far better capacity potential than 30gb. In fact the next wave of higher capacity hd-dvds are coming out in march I believe. And if blu-ray fails, it very much so would matter, because the price of blu-ray disc manufacturing would be raised. And you do realize blu-ray isn't even close to 200 gig discs right? so comparing hd-dvd's now disc capacity to blue-rays future capacity is just stupid. And personally, considering there will only be like 8x blu-ray burners max in the next 12 months most likely, you sure has hell better have a week set aside for your pc to burn 200 gb.

    3) I already explained what I meant by this. It was in reference to how the ps3 has no flagship games out now.

    And I can understand how you missed the points. I try to dumb my posts down as much as I can. I don't want to confuse the not so complex minded folk.

    Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

  8. #8
    WiiChat Member Mr. Sam Pooka's Avatar
    Member #
    4751
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think when justifying any of the consoles with games, first you have to speak to the games that are available NOW. No one should buy a system based on features or games promised for the future. If and when a console selling game comes out would be the time to buy that console. Also listing games that aren't exclusive to that system doesn't make a case for that system, unless the graphics or control are dramatically superior. PS3's graphics are not much better than that on the 360. The Wii's control on multi console titles will be up for debate.
    It's easy to argue that ZELDA is Wii's console seller, Gears of War may be 360's, PS3 has a good game in Resistance but all of it's other titles are getting horrible reviews; NO console seller. Do they have an exclusive hitting store shelves anytime soon that will be that console seller?; maybe but for now it makes no sense to get a PS3 instead of a 360, a Wii or even a Wii60. IMHO

  9. #9
    Wii fo' life son. Werd. Reaper3000GT's Avatar
    Member #
    5563
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    49
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7996-2972-4501-9971
    PS3 is cool in all, just that price is way too much, the basicly why my parents bougt me the Wii. They asked me to do you want the Wii, or PS3. I said Wii:
    1.) Because I love my parents and don't want them to be broke.
    2.) I let Nintendo down and skipped the GameCube.
    3.) I WANTED TO PLAY IT!!

    Add Mii!

    7996-2972-4501-9971


  10. #10
    WiiChat Member didibus's Avatar
    Member #
    1441
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    23
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    1) The purpose of mentioning directx10 was because people's argument for the ps3 is it's graphics. Yet pc gaming graphics are going to blow minds with directx10.
    Ok, I see your point, but I generally compare consoles with consoles since PC has always outdone by a major step console graphics. I even think this generation might be the closest one actually, Gears of War I must admit is todays nicest looking game PC games included. I thought you were giving the DirectX 10 argument to say that Xbox with it's directx support will outdo the PS3 in graffics, which we can not say yet. But your saying we shouldn't buy a console for graphics since if that's what your looking for, it's always PC the best choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by vagrant
    2) HD-DVD has far better capacity potential than 30gb. In fact the next wave of higher capacity hd-dvds are coming out in march I believe. And if blu-ray fails, it very much so would matter, because the price of blu-ray disc manufacturing would be raised. And you do realize blu-ray isn't even close to 200 gig discs right? so comparing hd-dvd's now disc capacity to blue-rays future capacity is just stupid. And personally, considering there will only be like 8x blu-ray burners max in the next 12 months most likely, you sure has hell better have a week set aside for your pc to burn 200 gb.
    Well, it's true, HD-DVD has 3 layer support, each layer is 15gig so it can do 45 gig on one side maximum. No 3 layer HD-DVD exist as of yet, but it is said to be feasible and that may be what your are talking about for march.
    Well, TDK has already made 200gig Blue-Ray disc by using a technique that allows for each blue-ray layer to be 33GB instead of 25. Blue-Ray theoretically supports 8 layers, but no one has been able yet to cram 8 layers unto a single side. TDK has managed 6 layers and since they found a way to make every layer 33GB, you basically get the same result, that's a 200gig disk. Ok, 198gig to be exact.
    And if you compare what can be done NOW, well it's 25 vs 50.
    How fast you think HD-DVD burners will be? And 8x blue-ray is faster then 8x DVD. OH, and it might take you just as much time as burning 42 DVD in a row, lol, but at least you don't have to hit start and switch for another DVD every 20 minutes.
    I get your point for the price raise, if Blue-Ray fails as a HD movie media it might cost game devlopers more money to produce Blue-Ray games, but that shouldn't be such a big difference. It's also why I wish it does not fail. I just see it coming. If HD-DVD wins, in 3 years you have SUPER-DVD that will be like 200gig. At least if Blue-Ray wins, the next one will really be better, "crosses finger for Holographic Versatile Disc"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sam Pooka
    think when justifying any of the consoles with games, first you have to speak to the games that are available NOW. No one should buy a system based on features or games promised for the future.
    Yea, I totally agree. That's why I'm buying a Wii now and I'm waiting to see which between 360 or PS3 ends up having the game I prefer and if they are any good for real. Still, it's not because a console does not have good game now that it sucks, I just want people to realize PS3 is viable, but nothing can be said now.

    P.S.: Never underestimate the underdog, and for now, sony is the underdog, but one with lots of potential and a good history.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. "Which Game Should I Get?" FAQ
    By Trulen in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 01-01-2012, 09:39 AM
  2. 11-year old college grad says videogames are "a waste of time"
    By castlezelda in forum Nintendo Wii Gaming
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 11:59 PM
  3. Specifically what nintendo is rivalling, top reasons to buy a ps3
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 02:27 AM
  4. Reasons to get a wii
    By darthbeaverxp in forum Nintendo Wii Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 09:48 AM