Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Death is the worst thing you can inflict on someone. The worst crime - the worst act. It erases a person's entire being.
    Now as a society it isn't philosophically or morally right to make a punishment for any crime the greatest crime of all..?
    To commit an act this vile on the approval of society makes all members of that society accountable for that act.
    When you look at these things in a utilitarian way it becomes apparent that the protection of human life is a concept that transcends justice and law.
    An argument for the death penalty is that if the "majority" of a society (or those in power) approve of its use - it is acceptable. Nazi germany held these values.

Anyone who says that this kid got what he deserved is sick. When you live in a society, you should be concerned with its laws - especially if the considerations are on a scale of this magnitude.
    The only scenario where the incapacitation/death of this boy is acceptable is if the arresting officers life was severely threatened. - We can't know the exact details of what happened from the media - we may never learn. But I do know that a boy was killed in a police raid - for stealing a computer game console - and the responsible officer has been suspended from duty. The boy may have had a firearm - but how many US homes have guns in them?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    The autorities want to stop people play video games of 18 years and more because they think that it's the reason why people become crazy and kill everybody.

I think that it's stupid to think that. Someone of too much crazy who will go kill someone with a gun just for get the Playstation 3 before all, it's just crazy but it's not because he played video games that he made it.

When someone is crazy, that he played video games or no, he will kill and it's not because of video games.
    I can't wait until the day that I will have my Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    also a kid got arrested for opening a christmes prisent early

apparently the mom said "hes been shoplifting and not obeying me so i got mad when i found the prasents opened and called the police on him"

>.<the apocolyps is coming.....

this was also on the late show and the daily show and the jay leno show

so many jokes=)

also there been claims on the media that his mom was high
    Last edited by zeon9881; 12-12-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4759-2872-3135-2409
    yes video games dont kill people,people kill people.
    you can put a chefs hat on a lion,but its still a lion.
    360 is awsome,but the Wii is just so cuddly!

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    turns out the files charged against the deputy were a mistake;

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/breakin...ing-221344.php

but how many US homes have guns in them?
    How many homes rented by early 20's guys have multiple rifles and handguns?

Probably not as many as you seem to think.
    Last edited by vagrant; 12-13-2006 at 07:35 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    I just don't get why they'd kill the dog... that's a damn tragedy because animals have nothing to do with the sinister nature of humanity. I feel more for the dog than the kid.

Well... There was no redemption for him was there? Only in America (no offense to any US dwellers among us) as the 'states must have the most relaxed gun laws in the world, no wonder there are so many highschool shootings and firearm related deaths. Back in 1996 I believe, a fellow by the name of Martin Bryant opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle down in a Tasmanian coffee shop killing about thirty-five people and injuring many more. After that incident, gun control in Australia has been tightened severely, and many forms of firearms are no longer allowed to be distributed.

Maybe the American government should consider something similar, or could Americans never give up their beloved second ammendment? The right to bear arms... Is it really worth it? Seems to cause nothing but trouble, especially when it seems all the wrong sorts always get their hands on them.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

Member #
    Friends
    just for the record...each state in the US here has differnt gun laws. For example...it is near damn impossible to get a handgun license here in NY. Rifles and such are fine, but the concealment it was gets them. I know it's not like this in everyother state, but i think a large amount of guns owners out there do not in fact have a license. So dont blame the gun laws of the US exactly

Member #
    Friends
    7241-3069-5576-7331
    Quote Originally Posted by nyisles84
    just for the record...each state in the US here has differnt gun laws. For example...it is near damn impossible to get a handgun license here in NY. Rifles and such are fine, but the concealment it was gets them. I know it's not like this in everyother state, but i think a large amount of guns owners out there do not in fact have a license. So dont blame the gun laws of the US exactly
    This is very true.

I'll also have to add that in Florida had a law passed a few months back that any time past midnight if you're being assaulted or "bothered" or whatever, you have the right to shoot the person. Pretty much to sum it up.

Lovely, eh?

PM me if you're going to add me to your Wii. (^-^)
    LJ: sakusaku.livejournal.com || myspace: myspace.com/sakusaku
    ----
    Look forward to this month:
    Tales of The World: Radiant Mythology Special Pack (BLUE PSP!): December 21st.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel86
    I just don't get why they'd kill the dog... that's a damn tragedy because animals have nothing to do with the sinister nature of humanity. I feel more for the dog than the kid.

Well... There was no redemption for him was there? Only in America (no offense to any US dwellers among us) as the 'states must have the most relaxed gun laws in the world, no wonder there are so many highschool shootings and firearm related deaths. Back in 1996 I believe, a fellow by the name of Martin Bryant opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle down in a Tasmanian coffee shop killing about thirty-five people and injuring many more. After that incident, gun control in Australia has been tightened severely, and many forms of firearms are no longer allowed to be distributed.

Maybe the American government should consider something similar, or could Americans never give up their beloved second ammendment? The right to bear arms... Is it really worth it? Seems to cause nothing but trouble, especially when it seems all the wrong sorts always get their hands on them.
    1) the dog probably attacked them.

2) Are you SERIOUSLY comparing U.S. gun laws to australias? I know where I live in order to get a hand gun you have to have a cooldown period and they do full background checks. And anyone who has committed a felony cannot liscene a gun at all.

3) The wrong sorts don't license there guns, so law or no law, they will still have them.

A good article on American/Australian gun laws;

http://www.gabriellereillyweekly.com...ia_america.htm
    Last edited by vagrant; 12-13-2006 at 11:19 AM.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    7208-3120-7748-8023
    I feel sorry for the dog...

and of course the family and friends of those who died.. but still it says that the family considered it to be a "small crime"; which somewhat is a disgrace - such insolence is bound to bite them in the ass; hitting some kid over the head with a blunt object could kill someone under circumstances.. which isn't that small to me.

Ads