Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5457-8878-2124-2087

Your PS3 Thoughts

Okay, Sony's changed their console from the PS2 to PS3. Many people here want to make opinions about this console. Therefore, I made this thread. Post you thoughts about this next-gen console.

I think Sony focused more on the graphics then the gameplay.

2. Ads

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Good console. Nice graphics. Multimedia.

Too expensive. 250 is the most I will pay for a console.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, it's high priced, but that's what I came to expect from Sony, quality at a price. I never had a sony product break on me or even disappoint me, where every other business has disappointed me at least once. Well, maybe the lack of UMD burners was a disappointment, but not a real one, just a I would rather have been able to. Even nintendo disappointed me in the past, gamecube, stupid rehash of a million different but similar or barely enhanced gameboys, or the stupid and very bad virtual boy. I know the ps3 will be built to the same standard I came to expect from them.

A complaint many seem to have is that they enforce the use of this and that.. BlaBla WTV. Well, that may be because I'm a gizmo gadget technology freak, but I would have liked sony to cram even more technology in the PS3 lol. I hate Microsoft and their strategy. It's basically give us crap and have us pay later on to make it legit. This way, we're fooled in believing we are not paying anything. Kinda like how you pay Windows every time you buy a PC, but you don't know you are cause it's "pre-installed". And I hate peripherals and attachments. I don't want to have a whole tablet taken up just cause my console needs it's 5 attachments to be complete. That's just my opinion BTW.

There is also something I enjoy about the playstation series. Sony seem to never do anything, they just let it happen. I think that's what led to the success of their previous consoles. This approach allows more freedom to developers. That's why the weirdest titles always end-up on a playstation. If someone want to do something they won't argue. It almost feel they offer a platform close or similar to the PC, not in hardware but in design. Sony has a problem now, because I don't think it can still use this approach since Microsoft on the other hand does everything in it's power and God knows it's powerful. I hate Microsoft, they always ruin everything, lol. Nintendo is like sony except they do their own games and they always rock. That's why you see fewer 3rd parties, since if you are going to do a game on a nintendo platform, you know you'll have to compete with them in a direct way and that's hard.

I'm not praising the PS3, just saying I like it. My only complaint is the lack of rumble. Damn, I hate immersion and their stupid patents. I just wish sony pays them wtv and make rumble official in PS3 even if it screws early adopters a bit.

Oh, and for those who say Sony just copies everyone. I want to say something once and for all!! Neither Nintendo, nor Sony and especially not M$ invented anything. They just market it and finance it, cause they want to make money of it. Great scientist invent these. Sometime they work under sony or nintendo, but most of the time they don't at first. Many universities are actually responsible for most of new technologies. So all we can say is Nintendo decided to market this first, so what if sony market it after, none of these needs credit if only for having the guts to market it first.

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Imo, it's a great system. Resistence offers lots of fun and decent multiplayer. Not much really, just seems to me like an uber computer.

Member #
    Friends
    I dont like it, price is to high...

Member #
    Friends
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    I think it will be good in about a year or so, similar to what the PS2 did. Other then that i think its just a hopped up computer crammed into a smaller package. Graphics look nice, but I don't really see a difference from the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    give sony a year to fix it and maybe lower the price, or maybe come out with a sleeker version that doesnt have all the bells and whistles, just gaming, Id consider it
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    2168-2309-3726-8049
    -Good graphics, not much better than 360
    -Blu-ray, which I don't give half a rats ass about.
    -Random problems, too be expected. Most new consoles have them.
    -Internet, better than Wii but nothing compared to Live.
    -Linux, definite plus, especially for a nerd like me.

Conclusion? I'll get it when I can afford it. But I'm asking for a 360 this Christmas. Better games (so far), better networking, and better price.

Once FFXIII comes out, I'll be saving up though.

Final Fantasy is the savior of all things Sony.

Member #
    Friends
    6188-0435-3585-1038
    Just a few things. First off, you are getting your moneys worth with the PS3, you have to be since figures show Sony loses $250 per console sold. This is primarily because of the Blu-ray player, which alone almost makes the console worth the purchase if you are looking to buy a Blu-ray player.. check the prices of stand-alone blu-ray players.

Secondly, go check the price of a top of the line gaming PC... lol suddenly the PS3's price doesnt seem that bad eh?

Now the downsides, well in a recent head to head test comparing graphics of games found on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 (Fight night R3, Call of Duty 3, etc) The Xbox 360 won hands down. So while the PS3 is still a value taking into account Blu-ray capability, the 360 is still the smarter buy. Plus there is a much bigger library of new games for the 360.

Now over time this will change as more game developers feel out what the PS3 is capable of. But how much? Many developers complain that the PS3 is hard to make games for, and Sony is difficult to work with.
    Last edited by Xanthan; 12-10-2006 at 01:15 AM.
    --Xbox 360
    --Wii
    --PS3
    --Game Whore

Member #
    Friends
    4759-2872-3135-2409
    as for my thoughts i think sony is goin about this all wrong,this is a big version of the handheld wars sony over powered and overpriced the psp and nintendo did the exact opposite with the ds,and who won in most sales?nuff said
    360 is awsome,but the Wii is just so cuddly!

Ads