LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The one and only moo$e fanaticalmoose's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    the ps3 isn't bad.. at all, the mistake that sony made was that they put to much emphasis on technology... look at the cell processor and blue ray... right now for developers, it takes more time/money/energy to make a game for the ps3 because its harder to develop and write codes for it... w/ the 360 its much easier and thats y when you cross platform games, they will look better on a 360 then a ps3... but 1st party developers who take hte time and effort making their games exclusivley for hte ps3... those games will look incredible.. as for hte blu ray... its not a bad choice, as developers have about 50gb to work w/ on a disc compared to 8gb on a dvd disc for hte 360.. but the other reason sony added it was so they coud win the next media format wars... like i said before, sony didn't do a bad job, just emphasized on to much technology...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    ok guys, what the hell is the deal with that shite ridge racer series, I have never liked it. I think its one of the worst racing series ever. "one of". But comon, leave it be sony, get rid of ridge racer.

Member #
    Friends
    6920-9646-7256-3871
    I remember reading somewhere that Nintendo is already making profit with the Wii.

Sony is big company but if you buy stocks sony isn't doing so well lately and if the trend continues sony is going to suffer big time. Sony stocks have been dropping for the last few years and just recently with the release of the PS3 it's dropping even faster. If you don't know yet, but sony is no longer consider the top electronic maker anymore, there now consider as average. It's just the name that sells it now and research has shown that buyers of sony are older middle age people who are familiar with it. The young crowd has jump on to better and newer technology from other companies. Again all this I read from somewhere can't remember. As for stocks, I know that for a fact as I buy a little there and here, wish I would of bought Samsung a couple of years ago.

Member #
    Perth, Western Australia, most isolated capital in the world, oyeah :P
    Friends
    4149-4465-6987-2962
    I read somewhere that the PS3 is being manufactured at quite a significant loss - apparently the loss is comparable to that if the Xbox360 was being sold at $50 per set (think about it!).

Having said that, the console itself may be worth more than the RRP (I'm only vaguely familiar with the components, but from what I've read they sound pretty steep, financially, to manufacture). But if the console was priced any higher Sony would drive away even more people prospects of people buying a PS3.

Sony seem to have worked themselves into a bit of a catch 22 - Sony are losing alot of money by selling the PS3 at the existing price even when taking into account the offset of the manufacturing costs, but the predicted sales targets were not met, which meant a significant drop in revenue, so to recoup that the machine would probably have to be more expensive, but that would drive even more people away from wanting one, but if they drop the price, even more units would need to be sold to at least fill the sales quota.

What market predictions don't take into account is levels of interest, they go purely on statistics, so if Nintendo's sales statistics were on a gradual decline for the last few years, all the wall street weasels would assume they'd continue to decline because the statistical data has shown a trend in that direction; an approach that totally disregards the level of interest.

It's a similar case with the PS3, although Sony's sales statistics were healthy for the PS1 and PS2, it was assumed they'd be even better for the PS3, irrelevant of the fact most of the attention had been diverted from Sony onto Nintendo's new project - the Wii.

What is the point of this rant? That statistics can be misleading, and don't trust stockbrokers, the NASDAQ, Dow Jones, or Wall Street for that matter
    Last edited by Ezekiel86; 12-12-2006 at 05:03 AM.
    My Friend Codes
    Mario Kart DS FC: 0558-9898-2921
    Metroid Prime Hunters FC: 1031-5066-6884
    StarFox Command FC: 8876-5756-1834

Give Ez some lovin! Rep me with the green mushy if you like my post!

ABC
    Member #
    Friends
    1929-2278-1848-3419
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    I could....

But it would be Sh*t.
    My ****ing point exactly.

Ads