i r so dumb
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by emmspokemon
    ok i need help on wat IVs r and mean
    im relly lost here
    Arcadium asked the same question so I'll just quote what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    One question:

I already got what EV means, but IV's are a bit more complicated: I have a new hapinny just hatched, now, how I know that the IV's are in the right way? I used the IV calculator, but I still don't get it.

Theres
    http://www.serebii.net/games/ivs.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo forums
    Individual Values (IVs)

Q: What are IVs?
    A: Individual or Diversification Values (IVs or DVs, two names for the same thing) are points that act as a Pokemon's "genes." Every Pokemon has a number between 0 and 31 for each of its stats (HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed) that is hidden from the person playing the game. Every single Pokemon has different IVs, even two Pokemon of the same species. They can never be changed.

Q: How do IVs influence stats?
    A: Simply put, the better your IVs, the better your Pokemon's stats. Ever notice how some Pokemon just seem to have an easier time in battles than others? Maybe you raised one Pikachu in a game. Then, starting a new game and catching a new Pikachu, you felt it performed better. The explanation? IVs. Every Pokemon within a species is identical upon catching them besides their IVs. At level 100, an IV equates to 1 stat point added to that stat. So if you have 31s across the board, you will have a very powerful Pokemon.

Q: How do you determine IVs?
    A: First of all, you need to check them out before you start training. If you don't, your EVs will influence your stats, making it impossible to determine IVs unless you kept track of your EVs. Anyway, what you do is this. Make sure your Pokemon is at least at level 20. Record all of their stats. If they were hatched from and egg, save the game, use about 15 Rare Candies on it, record the stats, then shut off the game without saving. If you don't have that many Rare Candies, you'll have to train them. Big pain, because you'll have to keep track of EVs as well.
    On normal accounts, you want to aim to get high numbers [such as 31 which is the highest you can get].
    To make sure your iv's are correct, have someone go on wifi and get into a level 100 single/double battle. You can check the stats there, and since it's at level 100, its 100% accurate. Hope this helped since I'd have a hard time explaining it further.
    ===

Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.
    -Robert Frost

Ayo
    Member #
    Friends
    ok i need help on wat IVs r and mean
    im relly lost here
    IV stands for Individual Value and the higher the IV the higher your stat will be at the end of EV traning. The higest IV u can get is 31 and if u fully EV that stat you will have it maxxed out. That is y natuire is also important as there is a +10% boost and -10% reduction in 2 stats (unless u have a netural nature).

so if u have a jolteon for example, which if it has a nature that boosts spped, the max that it could get is 394 speed. But u can only reach 394 speed if u have an IV of 31 and u max out the speed EV. Eventually if u have an IV of 0, you will have 31 points less than what it could max out, so in this case, 361.

You can predict the IV of one of the pokemons stats by looking at the pokemons characterisit, however there is a chance the Iv could be 26,17,11 or 0 so be weary wen using this technique.

The 6 you want to learn are:

31HP: Often dozes off
    31ATK: Likes to thrash about
    31DEF: Capable of taking hits
    31SAT: Mischievous
    31SDF: Somewhat vain
    31SPD: Alert to sounds

but remember there is a chance that it is not 31 all the time.
    Pokemon Diamond code: 0043 9379 6273

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    ok i get it a little bit now thanks
    but still dont understand

Ayo
    Member #
    Friends
    ok i get it a little bit now thanks
    but still dont understand
    Its pretty hard to explain and i have broken it down as much as i can, so im soz but i guess u cannot understand it.
    Pokemon Diamond code: 0043 9379 6273

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo
    IV stands for Individual Value and the higher the IV the higher your stat will be at the end of EV traning. The higest IV u can get is 31 and if u fully EV that stat you will have it maxxed out. That is y natuire is also important as there is a +10% boost and -10% reduction in 2 stats (unless u have a netural nature).

so if u have a jolteon for example, which if it has a nature that boosts spped, the max that it could get is 394 speed. But u can only reach 394 speed if u have an IV of 31 and u max out the speed EV. Eventually if u have an IV of 0, you will have 31 points less than what it could max out, so in this case, 361.

You can predict the IV of one of the pokemons stats by looking at the pokemons characterisit, however there is a chance the Iv could be 26,17,11 or 0 so be weary wen using this technique.

The 6 you want to learn are:

31HP: Often dozes off
    31ATK: Likes to thrash about
    31DEF: Capable of taking hits
    31SAT: Mischievous
    31SDF: Somewhat vain
    31SPD: Alert to sounds

but remember there is a chance that it is not 31 all the time.
    woah thanks! I needed to learn about IV's too. Thanks alot! I'll rep if I can

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo
    Its pretty hard to explain and i have broken it down as much as i can, so im soz but i guess u cannot understand it.

theres nothing wrong on what you explain ayo, its actually good, but this might help with IV's

you can easily find IV's if the pokemon is lvl 1, or untouched (could be caught in wild) then just go find a partner to do IV battle and know how IV battle works. then once battle starts summary the pokemon and records its stats at lvl 100(from hp - speed). then use the serebii IV calculator if your too lazy to calculate yourslef.

note: its hard to find IV's of a train pokemon specially if you dont know the effort values of that pokemon on their stats. if you look for its IV's it will most likely turn to 31 if you dont put the EV on it in the certain stats. (hope makin sense).

well im just too bored and post what i know lol i think its pretty much the basics.

Platinum - Echo - 0173 8700 8889

If you think i was a help to you, REP me? LOL

Member #
    Friends
    1831-7102-8397-5382
    Quote Originally Posted by kyouh
    theres nothing wrong on what you explain ayo, its actually good, but this might help with IV's

you can easily find IV's if the pokemon is lvl 1, or untouched (could be caught in wild) then just go find a partner to do IV battle and know how IV battle works. then once battle starts summary the pokemon and records its stats at lvl 100(from hp - speed). then use the serebii IV calculator if your too lazy to calculate yourslef.

note: its hard to find IV's of a train pokemon specially if you dont know the effort values of that pokemon on their stats. if you look for its IV's it will most likely turn to 31 if you dont put the EV on it in the certain stats. (hope makin sense).

well im just too bored and post what i know lol i think its pretty much the basics.
    Always make sure you record there Nature beforehand!
    Screw the sig, I'm a veteran.
    Relogged just now to say hi, March 12, 2012! <3

Member #
    Friends
    1831-7102-8397-5382
    sorry for the double... my comp glitched.
    Screw the sig, I'm a veteran.
    Relogged just now to say hi, March 12, 2012! <3

Ads