LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    =( Blooper isnt in Brawl Nick Atack's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    OK,a Water Squid Starter,a Skeleten crab Jack o lanturn guy,and a Grass Starter that looks kinda like a Flying Thwomp that bumps things...
    Water
    Squikala-Squid Pokemon-a Mini Squid with a Sea Shell hat-Water-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Special Attack
    Tentifan-Tenticle Pokemon-Has HUGE Tenticles and in a Seashell-Water-Best Stat is Defence-Worst is Specal Attack
    Cethalasquid-Giant Squid Pokemon-A Giant Squid with Spiky Suckers,horns,and Blue tipped tenticles-has beak that can breath ice-Water Dragon-Sig Move-Tentacle Blast-Fun Fact-Cethala comes from the Squid and Octopus Family called Cethalapoda.There are more members than just Squids and Octopuses in the Family-Best Stat is Speed and Attack-Worst is ...well,Defence is a bit worse than the others

Grass
    Bumbillbee-Bumper Pokemon-a Square tiny Green Bee like Pokemon-Grass-Bumbillbee is a pun on Bump and bee-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Specel.Attack
    Thumpath-Bumper Pokemon-A big Green Pokemon with Spikes and more wings-Grass Rock-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Special Atack
    Smashtrek-Destruction Pokemon-still has wings,huge and green,Arms and Legs with MANY Spikes on body-Grass Rock-Sig Move is Smashing Finish-Fun Fact-Body is similar to Regice's.....-Beat Stats are attack and Speed.Speed is Suprizingly Good-Worst is Special attack

Fire
    Pumpbones-Pumpkin Pokemon-A Jack o lantern that is set Ablaze-can see bones under it-Fire Grass-First Fire and Grass Type I think-Best Stat is Special Attack-Worst is Attack
    Cartomaroe-Bone Pokemon-A Jack o lantern with Bones for legs-arms are Claw bones-on fire-Fire Ground-Best Stat is special Attack-worst is Speed
    Skelifire- Bone Crab Pokemon-a Skeliten Crab with a Blazing Jack o lantern Shell-green roots under Pumpkin lanturn-Fire Ground-best at Defense and Special Defence-Worst at Speed-Sig move is Fire Root
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 01-16-2008 at 08:34 PM.
    ~Join The Blooper Fan Club! (BFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to Darkprinny for this new Sig!!!
    I am in Antarctica with a Condo.There are many Penguins here...
    I am playing Super Blooper Galaxy.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Strype McClaine
    The power up ability is frankly, quite piss poor, and very few pokes can even use it to some extent. Why don't other types have the ability? Easy, their are better abilities to be had, and many of them are type specific. Sure, their might not be a psychic boost ability, but instead, they have synchronize. which, to their credit, is better.

I hate to say, in wiichat, their are a few semi-serious battlers (myself included), and I can't with good conscious say "just give a vitamin" to the weakest stat the poke has, or natures don't matter that much. Now, am I saying "make sure every poke you have has good IV's"...no...I'm saying you start becoming a better player, in general, when you pay attention to Natures and EV's.

A Infernape, as you brought up, is a fast, good attacks (both special and physical) stats. The nature should be in favor of either one of the attack stats or the speed, and by no means be a speed hindering nature. It's not a lot, but that 10%, when dealing with something that has a STRONG stat to begin with, makes it alot stronger. For example, Garchomp has a base attack stat of 130, with an attack boosting nature, its a base of 143, that raises the attack about eh 40-50 some odd points. A verry big differance.

I bring up base stats, mainly because its important when you concider that pokemon's role. In 4th gen, Torterra has a good physical defense and a good physical attack, a poor special A, and special d. You can assume by this, that torterra is a support/physical wall poke. He is to take a good physical hit, and grit through it. In the same token Monferno is fast and strong, but takes hits like a wet paper bag, and Empolion, is built more like a special wall.
    As much as gen4 pokemon plays up the rock-paper-scizor's of type matching, it just is as much stat matching. Special and physical. And Stabb attacks V. Unstabbed SE attacks and type coverage.

One of the tragically almost awsome's of the fourth gen, I think is Sceptile, while he has the stats of a good strong sweeper (base speed 120 , man thats good, and then the good attacking stats 85 physical and wow 105 special), looking at that you would think, "Humn, I would make that a sweeper, put all the training into its speed and special attack, and then put a decent physical move on it for its type coverage" which if everything else remained the same, would be great. However, looking at it's move pool, it's special moves, are all but lacking, and its physical moves are REAAAL STRONG...so then what do you do?

Things like this MUST be taken into consideration when making ANY poke. If Sceptile had the better move pool, it would have been stronger, however Swampert won, the stats, the move pool, and actually being able to use it's ability.
    Wow, I never put much thought into Stats and Natures when I was raising my Pokemon teams...EVER!
    I never realized how much of an impact Base Stats and other small things like Natures have on a Pokemon's potential...
    I guess I must've either overlooked those advantages, or was just ignorant and never heeded them.

Anyway, it seems you know a shit load of things on Base Stats and other small things that can change a Pokemon's outcome in a battle.
    You'll have to teach me some of this stuff later. I'd like to learn more about how to match up Stats and natures with moves and abilities.
    I'll have to add you to my Network on my Profile lol.

Nice to know there's always something new to learn. I thought I knew a damn lot about the Pokemon games...guess I missed Stat advantages and boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Atack
    Water
    Squikala-Squid Pokemon-a Mini Squid
    Tentifan-Tenticle Pokemon-Has HUGE Tenticles and in a Seashell
    Cethalasquid-Giant Squid Pokemon-A Giant Squid

Grass
    Bumbillbee-Bumper Pokemon
    Thumpath-Bumper Pokemon
    Smashtrek-Destruction Pokemon

Fire
    Pumpbones-Jack o lantern Pokemon
    Cartomaroe-Bone Pokemon
    Skelifire-Fire Bone Pokemon
    Nice name ideas for new Starters Nick Atack! I really like the Squid Pokemon idea. Perhaps you could think about if they'd have an aditional type like Water/Poison, or Water/Bug.

I have more names for possible starters, but I'll leave you and other fans in suspence heheh.
    Last edited by Jeff25; 01-16-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!

Member #
    Friends
    ATTENTION READERS OF THIS THREAD:

If you have any ideas on new Starters for a 5th generation of Pokemon, and you have a good idea on what they'd look like too, feel free to upload a picture or drawing of them along with your ideas for their names!

I have drawings of the first 3 starter suggestions I made at the beginning of this thread. I'm hoping to somehow, get them from pencil drawings on paper, to my computer so I can show you what they'd look like.

I, myself think they look excellent and could be pretty good starters if there were a 5th gen.
    If I manage to get my drawings on a future post, you can check'em out and see what you think!

Jeffery

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff25
    ATTENTION READERS OF THIS THREAD:

If you have any ideas on new Starters for a 5th generation of Pokemon, and you have a good idea on what they'd look like too, feel free to upload a picture or drawing of them along with your ideas for their names!

I have drawings of the first 3 starter suggestions I made at the beginning of this thread. I'm hoping to somehow, get them from pencil drawings on paper, to my computer so I can show you what they'd look like.

I, myself think they look excellent and could be pretty good starters if there were a 5th gen.
    If I manage to get my drawings on a future post, you can check'em out and see what you think!
    Well,I once had a Picture of Bumbilbee and his evolutions,and I still have a Picture of Cethalasquid.But in my Pic he has wings and breaths fire...I can change that.Oh,and Cethalasquid I previosly called Dreeple.
    And heres my updated Pokemon List:
    OK,a Water Squid Starter,a Skeleten crab Jack o lanturn guy,and a Grass Starter that looks kinda like a Flying Thwomp that bumps things...

Water
    Squikala-Squid Pokemon-a Mini Squid with a Sea Shell hat-Water-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Special Attack
    Tentifan-Tenticle Pokemon-Has HUGE Tenticles and in a Seashell-Water-Best Stat is Defence-Worst is Specal Attack
    Cethalasquid-Giant Squid Pokemon-A Giant Squid with Spiky Suckers,horns,and Blue tipped tenticles-has beak that can breath ice-Water Dragon-Sig Move-Tentacle Blast-Fun Fact-Cethala comes from the Squid and Octopus Family called Cethalapoda.There are more members than just Squids and Octopuses in the Family-Best Stat is Speed and Attack-Worst is ...well,Defence is a bit worse than the others

Grass
    Bumbillbee-Bumper Pokemon-a Square tiny Green Bee like Pokemon-Grass-Bumbillbee is a pun on Bump and bee-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Specel.Attack
    Thumpath-Bumper Pokemon-A big Green Pokemon with Spikes and more wings-Grass Rock-Best Stat is Speed-Worst is Special Atack
    Smashtrek-Destruction Pokemon-still has wings,huge and green,Arms and Legs with MANY Spikes on body-Grass Rock-Sig Move is Smashing Finish-Fun Fact-Body is similar to Regice's.....-Beat Stats are attack and Speed.Speed is Suprizingly Good-Worst is Special attack

Fire
    Pumpbones-Pumpkin Pokemon-A Jack o lantern that is set Ablaze-can see bones under it-Fire Grass-First Fire and Grass Type I think-Best Stat is Special Attack-Worst is Attack
    Cartomaroe-Bone Pokemon-A Jack o lantern with Bones for legs-arms are Claw bones-on fire-Fire Ground-Best Stat is special Attack-worst is Speed
    Skelifire- Bone Crab Pokemon-a Skeliten Crab with a Blazing Jack o lantern Shell-green roots under Pumpkin lanturn-Fire Ground-best at Defense and Special Defence-Worst at Speed-Sig move is Fire Root
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 01-16-2008 at 08:58 PM.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Here's some more ideas I have that I didnt mention before:

Fire Starter:
    Elephire - Pronounced "Ele" "fire" (Elephant + Fire)
    Small Elephant PKMN
    Height: 2'00" Weight: 26 lbs
    Evolves: Lv. 18
    [I]Type(s):[/I] Fire
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Elephlare - Pronounced "Ele" "Flare" (Elephant + Flare)
    Lava Elephant PKMN
    Height: 3"07" Weight: 79 lbs
    Evolves: Lv. 36
    Type(s): Fire/Ground
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Magmammoth - Pronounced "Mag" "Mam" "Oth" (Magma + Mammoth)
    Magma Elephant PKMN
    Height: 7'07" Weight: 363 lbs
    Signature Move: Magma Burst (Fire move) (Power: 150, Acc.: 70)
    Description: An enormous mammoth with large tusks. The tips of the Tusks blaze with fire, and it's fur coat is slightly red/orange-like, which represents its Fire type.
    Stats (Highest to Lowest): HP, Attack, Defence, Sp. Def., Sp. Attk., Speed

Grass Starter:
    Churplant - Pronounced "Churr" "Plant" (Churp + Plant)
    Tiny Tree Bird PKMN
    Height: 1'04" Weight: 10 lbs
    Evolves: Lv. 14
    Type(s): Grass/Flying
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Soaroot - Pronounced "Sore" "Root" (Soar + Root)
    Soaring Hawk PKMN
    Height: 3'00" Weight: 54 lbs
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Vulcherroot - Pronounced "Vul" "Cher" "Root" (Vulcher + Root)
    Tallon Vulcher PKMN
    Height: 5'11" Weight: 130 lbs
    Signature Move: Rumble Root (Grass move) (Power: 120, Acc.: 90)
    Description: A speedy vulcher, with sharp tallons. Its apperance is similar to a Fearow, but it's feathers are a beautiful green-like color, and on it's head appears to be a small bush, unlike the red mo-hawk-like hair doo on a Fearow's head. It stares down enemies with its piercing eyes.
    Stats (Highest to Lowest): Speed, Attack, Sp. Attk., HP, Sp. Def., Defense

I know I have a Water type Starter Idea to go with these two, but I couldn't remember what it was while I was posting this...so I'll have to post it later once I remember or come up with a new one.
    Last edited by Jeff25; 02-18-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Jeffery

Member #
    Friends
    Here's some more ideas I have that I didnt mention before:

Fire Starter:
    Small Elephant PKMN
    [I]Type(s):[/I] Fire
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Lava Elephant PKMN
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Magma Elephant PKMN
    Description: An enormous mammoth with large tusks. The tips of the Tusks blaze with fire, and it's fur coat is slightly red/orange-like, which represents its Fire type.

Grass Starter:
    Churroot - Pronounced "Churr" "Plant" (Churp + Root)
    Tiny Tree Bird PKMN
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Soaring Hawk PKMN
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Tallon Vulcher PKMN
    Description: A speedy vulcher, with sharp tallons. Its apperance is similar to a Fearow, but it's feathers are a beautiful green-like color, and on it's head appears to be a small bush, unlike the red mo-hawk-like hair doo on a Fearow's head. It stares down enemies with its piercing eyes.

I know I have a Water type Starter Idea to go with these two, but I couldn't remember what it was while I was posting this...so I'll have to post it later once I remember or come up with a new one.
    Well,those are good ideas....but I like mine better(no ofence).........and I like the new Avatar Jeff!
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 01-19-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Atack
    Well,those are good ideas....but I like mine better(no ofence).........and I like the new Avatar Jeff!
    Thanks Nick, I have other avatars like that on my computer. I change it every now and then.

No offense taken either. That's why I made this thread, just for people who like to be creative and share their ideas with other PKMN fans.

Oh, and if you want to see my Water Starter idea from my last post, it'll be down below after the quote...

\/ \/ \/ \/

Fire Starter:
    Small Elephant PKMN
    Type(s): Fire
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Lava Elephant PKMN
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Magma Elephant PKMN

Grass Starter:
    Churroot - Pronounced "Churr" "Root" (Churp + Root)
    Tiny Tree Bird PKMN
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Soaring Hawk PKMN
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Tallon Vulcher PKMN
    Water Starter:
    Tidog - Pronounced "Tie" "dog" (Tide + Dog)
    Tidal Wave Pup PKMN
    Height: 1'08" Weight: 18 lbs
    Type(s): Water
    Evolves: Lv. 16
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Tsunamutt Pronounced "Sue" "Na" "Mutt" (Tsunami + Mutt)
    Tsunami Hound PKMN
    Height: 3'03" Weight: 60 lbs
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Huricanine - Pronounced "Hurr" "ah" "k" "Nine" (Hurricane + K-9)
    Hurricane PKMN
    Height: 6'03" Weight: 231lbs
    Signature Move: Hurricane (Water move) (Pow: 120, Acc.: 95)
    Description: A large hound dog Pokemon that can create hurricanes with one howl. It's looks like a mix between Entei & Arcanine in a way, and some may say it's the "Water type version of Arcanine". It can also whip-up strong wind attacks such as Razor Wind & Twister.
    Stats (Highest to Lowest): Sp. Attk., Attk., HP, Speed, Def., Sp. Def.
    Last edited by Jeff25; 01-19-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Jeffery

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks Nick, I have other avatars like that on my computer. I change it every now and then.

No offense taken either. That's why I made this thread, just for people who like to be creative and share their ideas with other PKMN fans.

Oh, and if you want to see my Water Starter idea from my last post, it'll be down below after the quote...

\/ \/ \/ \/

Water Starter:
    Tidog - Pronounced "Tie" "dog" (Tide + Dog)
    Tidal Wave Pup PKMN
    Height: 1'08" Weight: 18 lbs
    Evolves: Lv. 16
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Tsunamutt Pronounced "Sue" "Na" "Mutt" (Tsunami + Mutt)
    Tsunami Hound PKMN
    Height: 3'03" Weight: 60 lbs
    \/
    Evolves to...
    \/
    Huricanine - Pronounced "Hurr" "ah" "k" "Nine" (Hurricane + K-9)
    Hurricane PKMN
    Height: 6'03" Weight: 231lbs
    Signature Move: Hurricane (Water move) (Pow: 120, Acc.: 95)
    Description: A large hound dog Pokemon that can create hurricanes with one howl. It's looks like a mix between Entei & Arcanine in a way, and some may say it's the "Water type version of Arcanine". It can also whip-up strong wind attacks such as Razor Wind & Twister.
    Stats (Highest to Lowest): Sp. Attk., Attk., HP, Speed, Def., Sp. Def.
    Not bad!! My favarite of yours is the Water Dogs.....and mabye you could get a Pokemon Sig?
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 01-19-2008 at 07:32 PM.
    Spoiler Alert!

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    I think the idea of Fire, Water, and Grass/Plant has been used to much. How about an electric starter or rock or fighting. Anything, really. Who said it had to fire, water or grass besides tradition?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Member #
    Friends
    1829-0450-2187-0811
    Hisshot sounds like his shot as in (he toke his shot and he missed the toilet)

-=:Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR) (PM Zoro11031)
    Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads