LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MazenXD
    Hisshot sounds like his shot as in (he toke his shot and he missed the toilet)
    Yeah I kinda figured someone would pick that out sooner or later. That's just how the name looks, but if you were to say it, it'd sound like "Hiss" (like a snake's hiss), and "Hot" (like something's hot temperature wise). It's not "his" "shot".

That's really the only good Fire-like name I could come up with for a Snake Pokemon Fire Type. The other names I came up with didn't really sound too good.

Quote Originally Posted by iOwnage
    I think the idea of Fire, Water, and Grass/Plant has been used to much. How about an electric starter or rock or fighting. Anything, really. Who said it had to fire, water or grass besides tradition?
    Well I think the reason the Pokemon starters in each game are always Grass, Fire and Water types are because probobably the creators of the game wanted to go with something similar to the main elements of the Earth or something...Fire, Land (or Grass), & Water. I also think they wanted to stick with what was being shown on the TV show too. I personally like the Fire, Grass, or Water tradition, but yeah I agree with you to some degree iOwnage. Maybe they could throw in a game that gives you different options. Maybe instead of being given a Pokemon to start with, you'd have to catch your own in the wild, that'd be cool.

But I doubt the tradition will change much. The only game I've played that gave you a totally different type of starter was Pokemon Yellow, where you'd get Pikachu as your starter, but again, that game was based on the Cartoon show, like what I mentioned earlier.

It seems they have tried to put a bit of variety in the evolution stages of the starters though, like Empoleon's Steel type, or Charizard's Flying type. If you count up the other starter evolutions you'll find some differences in their second type:
    Charizard - Fire/Flying
    Venusaur - Grass/Poison
    Blaziken - Fire/Fighting
    Swampert - Water/Ground
    Torterra - Grass/Ground
    Infernape - Fire/Fighting
    Empoleon - Water/Steel

Maybe this is the Pokemon Company's way of putting different types with the starters...

I've seen somewhere on the internet one time, that they were thinking about making a Psychic, Fighting and Dark starter trio. That would be a good starter trio, because Psychic beats Fighting, Fighting beats Dark, and Dark beats Psychic, an intertwined circle where one type beats the other. Just like Fire beats Grass, Grass beats Water, and Water beats Fire.
    Last edited by Jeff25; 01-20-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!

Harder Core than You. Strype McClaine's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0637-6132-7577-7745
    Grass
    Fire
    Water

This little cycle is used since it is at it's most basic, the easiest three part cycle to understand, being that one is resisted, and one is 2x SE to each side.

The only other alternative to a balanced starter point, would be something like
    Psychic, Dark, Fighting. The problem with this is that dark is COMPLEATLY immune to psychic. The idea is that starters have the rock paper scissors relationship with each other.

Any tree can drop a cherubi, i'll drop a freakin lunatone

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Strype McClaine
    Grass
    Fire
    Water...
    ...The idea is that starters have the rock paper scissors relationship with each other.
    Well put Strype McClaine. That's basically why the only starters that would be a good fit are always Grass, Fire and Water.

I like the "Rock-Paper-Scissors" analogy too.

Hope that answers your question about why there's only Grass Fire and Water starters iOwnage.

Jeffery

=( Blooper isnt in Brawl Nick Atack's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff25
    Well put Strype McClaine. That's basically why the only starters that would be a good fit are always Grass, Fire and Water.

I like the "Rock-Paper-Scissors" analogy too.

Hope that answers your question about why there's only Grass Fire and Water starters iOwnage.
    What if they added a Paper and Scissors type!!!! They already have a Rock type so........
    Mabye Sizeor(The guy that evolves from Syther) v.s. Geodude and .........ummm....Mr.Paper!!!
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 01-20-2008 at 04:39 PM.
    ~Join The Blooper Fan Club! (BFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to Darkprinny for this new Sig!!!
    I am in Antarctica with a Condo.There are many Penguins here...
    I am playing Super Blooper Galaxy.

Harder Core than You. Strype McClaine's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0637-6132-7577-7745
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Atack
    What if they added a Paper and Scissors type!!!! They already have a Rock type so........
    Mabye Sizeor(The guy that evolves from Syther) v.s. Geodude and .........ummm....Mr.Paper!!!
    Ummn, I already made that joke in my first post.

Any tree can drop a cherubi, i'll drop a freakin lunatone

Member #
    Friends
    5947-9433-5484-3177
    paper and scizzer type would be pointless...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmis3
    =c :l...I was kidding....and Jeff,just a suggestion,but mabye you could have a SHINYPokemon Avatar!!!!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I'd have to agree with Plazmis on that one.

No offense Nick Atack, but a "Paper" type and "Scissor" type Pokemon would be kinda silly. I think they have enough types as far as they go. There's already 17 types, not to mention the "Shadow" type from Pokemon XD.

It used to be just 15, but once the Gold/Silver/Crystal games cam out, they added "Dark" and "Steel", which brought the total Pokemon types to 17.

I'd just like to take a minute to voice my oppinions about those Contest buildings found in some Pokemon games.
    I think the Contests from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and Diamond/Pearl are just a waste of time. I mean, no male Pokemon player will ever even enter a Contest tent/building unless it contained a decent item or TM. I think the reason for the Contest feature of these games are intended for female Pokemon players, if there are any, which I'm sure are.

Personally, I've never entered a Contest exept for the first time (just to see what it was like). You don't get anything important for winning, except a Ribbon, and maybe an Item and a small photo of your winning Pokemon on the wall of the building.

Jeffery

Member #
    Friends
    =c :l...I was kidding....and Jeff,just a suggestion,but mabye you could have a SHINYPokemon Avatar!!!!
    nah, I prefer the normal colored Pokemon. It's just a personal preferance though.

But thanks for the suggestion Nick!

And if you or anyone else is woundering...my next post of new starter ideas is coming soon, just have to think some more about them!
    So have patients!

Jeffery

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmis3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff25
    I'd have to agree with Plazmis on that one.

No offense Nick Atack, but a "Paper" type and "Scissor" type Pokemon would be kinda silly. I think they have enough types as far as they go. There's already 17 types, not to mention the "Shadow" type from Pokemon XD.

It used to be just 15, but once the Gold/Silver/Crystal games cam out, they added "Dark" and "Steel", which brought the total Pokemon types to 17.

I'd just like to take a minute to voice my oppinions about those Contest buildings found in some Pokemon games.
    I think the Contests from the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and Diamond/Pearl are just a waste of time. I mean, no male Pokemon player will ever even enter a Contest tent/building unless it contained a decent item or TM. I think the reason for the Contest feature of these games are intended for female Pokemon players, if there are any, which I'm sure are.

Personally, I've never entered a Contest exept for the first time (just to see what it was like). You don't get anything important for winning, except a Ribbon, and maybe an Item and a small photo of your winning Pokemon on the wall of the building.
    Contests arnt pointless,there kinda fun....and if you beat all Master Contest you will get somthing I think.....and in the Big Picture of things,the Game is only for fun,like thae Contest in the game is only for fun.....
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads