LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 100
  1. #41
    Ouroboros GigaRidley's Avatar
    Member #
    48132
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Larchmont, NY
    Posts
    900
    Friends
    49
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Here's my ideas... (I drew pictures of these guys a while ago but I can't find them)

    GRASS
    Name:Rootsa(Play on the word "Root")
    Root Pokemon
    Type:Grass
    Pokedex Data: Often mistaken for a simple flower, Rootsa travel in swarms and only open the petals on their head when they are near sunlight.
    Height:06" Weight: 2 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 16

    Evoles into...

    Name:Vintsa(Play on the word "Vine")
    Vine Pokemon
    Type:Grass
    Pokedex Data: Vintsa's Razor-sharp claws are actually made of rock-hard leaves. Vintsa chase after their prey with their 3 root-like legs and crack them open with their claws.
    Height:3' 02" Weight: 25 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 34

    Evolves into...

    Name:Rootox(Play on the word "Root" and "Toxic")
    Strangle Root Pokemon
    Type:Grass/Psychic
    Pokedex Data: Now that its 3 legs have fused into one, Rootox cannot move well and relies on its Psychic powers to bring its prey to it.
    Height:6" 10" Weight: 208 lbs.

    FIRE
    Name:Furrex(Play on the word "Fur")
    Bunny Pokemon
    Type:Fire
    Pokedex Data: While in forests, Furrex turn off their firey tail and ears so as not to cause massive forest fires.
    Height:1' Weight: 10 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 17

    Evolves into...

    Name:Furriflame(Play on the words "Fur" and "Flame")
    Dark Jackrabbit Pokemon
    Type:Fire/Dark
    Pokedex Data: Furriflame travel alone, and, as they are quick to fight, will often stomp on anything that moves with their massive feet.
    Height:4' 02" Weight: 65 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 34

    Evolves into...

    Name:Firexhari(Play on the words "Fire" and "Hare")
    Inferno Hare Pokemon
    Type:Fire/Dark
    Pokedex Data: Although they appear extremely fierce, Firexhari often help other animals in need by breaking the traps that hold them. In battle, they, use their fully developed, diamond-hard feet to drain the life from foes.
    Height:5' 8" Weight: 137 lbs.

    WATER
    Name:Bublin(Play on the word "Bubble")
    Guppy Pokemon
    Type:Water
    Pokedex Data: Bublin are extremely light, and when they flap their fins hard enough, they can stay suspend in the air for minutes at a time.
    Height:10" Weight: .5 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 17

    Evolves into...

    Name:Bubludraft(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Updraft")
    Flying Fish Pokemon
    Type:Water/Flying
    Pokedex Data: Bubludraft store water in the sack on their lure and then take to the sky to spray their prey with WATER-type moves.
    Height:3' 10" Weight: 20 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 32

    Evolves into...

    Name:Bubblord(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Lord")
    Water Gyro Pokemon
    Type:Water/Flying
    Pokedex Data: Bubblord's unique ability to conduct water from anywhere works as a weapon when it conjures water while it is flying. Then, it spins its lure and tail in tandem to create giant whirlpools that can stretch up to a mile in legnth.
    Height:7' 08"(When Tail is fully extended) Weight: 95 lbs.

    What do you think?

  2. Ads


  3. #42
    Brawl Anyone? Jeff25's Avatar
    Member #
    37925
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    122
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MazenXD
    what about hissiel as in "hiss" your thing and "reptiel"
    Well, I wouldn't go with that name...but that's me.

    What I try and to when I make up a name for a Pokemon, first I come up with its type(s). Second, I come up with an animal that hasn't already been turned into a Pokemon, but I think pretty much every animal is covered atleast once, so sometimes I just reuse an animal, like my Hisskorch idea which is a Snake Pokemon. Third, I think up some good element related words like "scorch" which is a fire related word, and some animal names/sounds like "hiss" for a snake Pokemon. Finally I try and combine different names/words together to create a good name, like "Hiss" and "Scorch" = Hisskorch.

    If you look at the names of the other starters you'll see some word combos too:

    Bulbasaur = "Bulb" (bulb as in a seed) + "Dinosaur"
    Torchic = "Torch" + "Chick"
    Squirtle = "Squirt" + "Turtle"
    Cyndaquil = "Cinder" (like ashes) + "Quil" (like quils/needles on a porcupine)
    Chimchar = "Chimp" + "Charcoal"
    Treecko = "Tree" + "Gecko" (type of lizard)
    Turtwig = "Turtle" + "Twig"

    I know one word for each of the following Pokemon names, but I'm not sure of the other combined word:

    Charmander = "Charcoal" + ??? (unsure)
    Totodile = ??? (unsure) + "Corcodile"
    Mudkip = "Mud" + ??? (unsure, maybe some type of fish)
    Chikorita = (unsure of combined words)
    Piplup = (unsure of combined words)

    I think the way I do it would be the easiest way to make up a good name.
    For example if you wanted to create a new Water starter, say a Duck pokemon (similar to Psyduck), you should list out Water related words, like Aqua for example, and a word related to Ducks, such as Quack.
    Then just try combining those words to come up with Aquack, or Quakqua.

    *Actually Quakqua was a water starter I had made earlier, I just used it as an example to show you how easy it is to make a name up!

    Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

    Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!


  4. #43
    Brawl Anyone? Jeff25's Avatar
    Member #
    37925
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    122
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley
    Here's my ideas... (I drew pictures of these guys a while ago but I can't find them)

    GRASS
    Name:Rootsa(Play on the word "Root")
    Root Pokemon
    Type:Grass
    Pokedex Data: Often mistaken for a simple flower, Rootsa travel in swarms and only open the petals on their head when they are near sunlight.
    Height:06" Weight: 2 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 16

    Evoles into...

    Name:Vintsa(Play on the word "Vine")
    Vine Pokemon
    Type:Grass
    Pokedex Data: Vintsa's Razor-sharp claws are actually made of rock-hard leaves. Vintsa chase after their prey with their 3 root-like legs and crack them open with their claws.
    Height:3' 02" Weight: 25 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 34

    Evolves into...

    Name:Rootox(Play on the word "Root" and "Toxic")
    Strangle Root Pokemon
    Type:Grass/Psychic
    Pokedex Data: Now that its 3 legs have fused into one, Rootox cannot move well and relies on its Psychic powers to bring its prey to it.
    Height:6" 10" Weight: 208 lbs.

    FIRE
    Name:Furrex(Play on the word "Fur")
    Bunny Pokemon
    Type:Fire
    Pokedex Data: While in forests, Furrex turn off their firey tail and ears so as not to cause massive forest fires.
    Height:1' Weight: 10 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 17

    Evolves into...

    Name:Furriflame(Play on the words "Fur" and "Flame")
    Dark Jackrabbit Pokemon
    Type:Fire/Dark
    Pokedex Data: Furriflame travel alone, and, as they are quick to fight, will often stomp on anything that moves with their massive feet.
    Height:4' 02" Weight: 65 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 34

    Evolves into...

    Name:Firexhari(Play on the words "Fire" and "Hare")
    Inferno Hare Pokemon
    Type:Fire/Dark
    Pokedex Data: Although they appear extremely fierce, Firexhari often help other animals in need by breaking the traps that hold them. In battle, they, use their fully developed, diamond-hard feet to drain the life from foes.
    Height:5' 8" Weight: 137 lbs.

    WATER
    Name:Bublin(Play on the word "Bubble")
    Guppy Pokemon
    Type:Water
    Pokedex Data: Bublin are extremely light, and when they flap their fins hard enough, they can stay suspend in the air for minutes at a time.
    Height:10" Weight: .5 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 17

    Evolves into...

    Name:Bubludraft(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Updraft")
    Flying Fish Pokemon
    Type:Water/Flying
    Pokedex Data: Bubludraft store water in the sack on their lure and then take to the sky to spray their prey with WATER-type moves.
    Height:3' 10" Weight: 20 lbs.
    Evolves at: lvl. 32

    Evolves into...

    Name:Bubblord(Play on the words "Bubble" and "Lord")
    Water Gyro Pokemon
    Type:Water/Flying
    Pokedex Data: Bubblord's unique ability to conduct water from anywhere works as a weapon when it conjures water while it is flying. Then, it spins its lure and tail in tandem to create giant whirlpools that can stretch up to a mile in legnth.
    Height:7' 08"(When Tail is fully extended) Weight: 95 lbs.

    What do you think?
    Nice ideas GigaRidley, but about your Rootox, let me just suggest that instead of Psychic, it could be part Poison, since part of its name is "Toxic"?

    That's just my suggestion though! You should definitly try and get your Pictures on this thread! I'd love to see what they'd look like, and Im sure others would like that too!

    Here's another Grass idea I came up with the other day:

    Grass
    Webud (Web + Bud)
    Small Spider Pokemon
    Type: Grass/Bug
    Height: 1'02" Weight: 7lbs
    Dex Info: Webud spin toxic webs between plant leaves to catch unwary prey such as Beautifly & Butterfree.
    Evolves at LV: 14
    \/
    into...
    \/
    Quadroot (Quad + Root)
    Forest Widow Pokemon
    Type: Grass/Bug
    Height: 2'11" Weight: 34lbs
    Dex Info: Since evolution took place, Quadroot has lost it's ability to spin webs. Instead, it now strangles foes with it's four powerful root-like spider legs.
    Evolves at LV: 30
    \/
    into...
    \/
    Araknature (Arachnid + Nature)
    Giga Spider Pokemon
    Type: Grass/Bug
    Height: 4'03" Weight: 98lbs
    Dex Info: Being the most intimidating insect in the forest, Araknature can do anything it feels like doing without disturbance. It can quickly scurry around on the forest floor and atop trees.
    Signature Move: Forest Fury
    Last edited by Jeff25; 01-27-2008 at 10:13 AM.

    Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

    Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!


  5. #44
    =( Blooper isnt in Brawl Nick Atack's Avatar
    Member #
    37103
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Im in Antartica
    Posts
    479
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hey everyone Im back! Hey Jeff,your right about me liking your Squid Pokemon idea.....and cool Grass Spider idea!.....and have you givin any thought into Pokemon Sigs? Try Pokemon Card Pics,their pretty cool!.......have you tryed that link I gave you earlier?
    ~Join The Blooper Fan Club! (BFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!


    Thanks to Darkprinny for this new Sig!!!
    I am in Antarctica with a Condo.There are many Penguins here...
    I am playing Super Blooper Galaxy.

  6. #45
    Halo 3 & CoD4 & RB6V2 deadlydasher's Avatar
    Member #
    24223
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    233
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Your making are water pokemon look bad ive started with water since pokemon Blue! and why would we want a fish starter the peguin is soundin better lol

    Leo SSBB FC-201993274358
    1 on 1
    no items
    3 stocks
    I'll make the room
    P.M me


  7. #46
    Ouroboros GigaRidley's Avatar
    Member #
    48132
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Larchmont, NY
    Posts
    900
    Friends
    49
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff25
    You should definitly try and get your Pictures on this thread! I'd love to see what they'd look like, and Im sure others would like that too!
    Since I can't find my old pictures, I decided to draw new versions of my starters final evolutions. The next time I get on my main computer (my brother is using it now) I'll download the pic.

  8. #47
    Brawl Anyone? Jeff25's Avatar
    Member #
    37925
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    122
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlydasher
    Your making are water pokemon look bad ive started with water since pokemon Blue! and why would we want a fish starter the peguin is soundin better lol
    No one on this thread means ANY disrespect toward ANY of the Starters!
    Don't get us wrong DeadlyDasher!

    But you have to aggree, there are plenty other good Water starter ideas than the peguin, turtle, crocodile and mudfish that've already been done.

    Going back to my example from a few posts ago, I think it'd be nice to see a Duck Water Starter (similar to Psyduck).
    That'd be an interesting Water Starter...not to mention unique!

    I've never been the biggest fan of the Water Starters, I'm more of a Fire & Grass guy, but I have picked the Water starters from time to time, so I know they're all good in their own way.

    Trust me DeadlyDasher, no one posting on this thread is dissing the Water Starters - Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, and Piplup

    *You know what I think they should've done with Piplup's 2nd & 3rd stage? Since they're Penguins, and most penguins live in cold areas, they coulda made Prinplup and Empoleon Water/Ice type, instead of Water/Steel. But that's just my oppinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley
    Since I can't find my old pictures, I decided to draw new versions of my starters final evolutions. The next time I get on my main computer (my brother is using it now) I'll download the pic.
    Sounds like a good idea GigaRidley!
    I'll be looking forward to seeing your visual ideas of your starters. I'm sure others will be curious too!
    Last edited by Jeff25; 01-28-2008 at 06:03 PM.

    Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

    Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!


  9. #48
    Burger ringz. Luigi man's Avatar
    Member #
    36968
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    W.A. Australia
    Posts
    341
    Friends
    8
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    hey jeff your good at making pokemon up and about that battle we had sorry bout the double battle i didn't realise you pokemons levels wernt as high as mine


    So lets go!~~Zohan

  10. #49
    WiiChat Member Sterculius's Avatar
    Member #
    46882
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    259
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    when pokemon 5G comes out (and you know it eventually will)...it needs to be a Wii game. Full on 3D pokemon game that plays EXACTLY like the handheld ones, but with more features and the battles look like they do in Pokemon Revolution (or better). It'd ofcourse be able to connect to DS and you would port your pokemon from Pearl/Diamond and also maybe have some kind of remote play or download and play on the DS.

    Something where you can download portions and work on them on the go, and then come back and upload the progress back into the Wii version. Oh, and full fledged online would be a must.

  11. #50
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterculius
    when pokemon 5G comes out (and you know it eventually will)...it needs to be a Wii game. Full on 3D pokemon game that plays EXACTLY like the handheld ones, but with more features and the battles look like they do in Pokemon Revolution (or better). It'd ofcourse be able to connect to DS and you would port your pokemon from Pearl/Diamond and also maybe have some kind of remote play or download and play on the DS.

    Something where you can download portions and work on them on the go, and then come back and upload the progress back into the Wii version. Oh, and full fledged online would be a must.
    thats the truth, its time pokemon made its name big on the console with titles other than handheld battle ports and spinoffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search tags for this page

5th gen starters
,
5th generation pokemon starters
,
5th generation starter pokemon
,
ideas for new starter pokemon
,
new pokemon starter ideas
,
new starter pokemon ideas
,
pokemon 5th generation starter pokemon
,

pokemon starter ideas

,
pokemon suggestions
,
starter pokemon ideas
,
starter pokemon roles
,
what is the best 5th gen starter
Click on a term to search for related topics.