LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Strype McClaine
    Ok Jeff, I've been nice before, but study the game and its mechanics fully before trying to keep opening the massive can of worms you keep popping open.

You have some potential, but man, you really don't know what your doing yet.
    Show me some stats.
    Show me some move pools.
    Show me potential roles.
    Show me the rest of the game that designers HAVE to take into consideration.

If you want to take it that far, get a shoddy test server and work on making the pokes FULLY, not just the skeletal ideas.
    Relax Strype, I have all my ideas written out completly...ALL my ideas, that includes all the things you mentioned such as Move Pools, and Roles...The only thing that would take me some time to do is create the rest of the game...I even made up Gym Leaders and Elite Four members for the game...so I just need to figureout a name and map for the new region and I'll be set.

Don't think I'm just another Pokemon nut trying to whip up some corny ideas to send to game designers.

I have all my ideas WELL thought out and everything!
    Just because I don't post it all on this thread doesn't mean I don't have a clue what I'm doing.
    Plus it would just take up WAY too much space on one post to tell all my ideas anyway, ya know.

But just trust me on this one Strype, and everyone else.

If you'd like to see the move pools I've come up with for them keep reading...

Leafaroo
    Moves by Leveling Up:
    Scratch - Lv: 1
    Tail Whip - Lv: 1
    Bullet Seed - Lv: 7
    Focus Energy - Lv: 10
    Quick Attack - Lv: 14
    Double Kick - Lv: 18
    Egg Moves:
    Pound
    Headbutt
    Leech Seed
    Synthesis
    Bite
    Fake Out
    *Unsure YET about which TM/HM's he will know

Role: Good Physical Sweeper (High Speed & Attack)
    Stats: HP = 50 ATK = 71 DEF = 39 Sp. ATK = 55 Sp. DEF = 50 SPD = 60

That's the move set for my Leafaroo idea...just to give ya an idea about what I mean when I say I have things thought through!
    Last edited by Jeff25; 02-19-2008 at 04:33 PM.

Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!

=( Blooper isnt in Brawl Nick Atack's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmis3
    That would be awsome if Nintendo made your ideas actual pokemon for the next pokemon game. i support you 100%.
    Me too,but Jeff, tell them about MY Pokemon ideas,and ask if they could make them in the Jhoto Region......

Oh,and heres the TM and HM Moveset for "Cethalasquid"

Anything Normal,Water,Fire,Dragon,Dark,Flying,Ice,or anything else that looks cool of other types...........
    .... lol Joke,just kidding.......

But heres some moves he could learn when leveling up......
    Hydro Pump,Giga Impact,Extremespeed,Quick Attack,Dark Pulse,Dragon Pulse,Dragon Rage,Twister,Beat Up,and more....
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 02-19-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    ~Join The Blooper Fan Club! (BFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to Darkprinny for this new Sig!!!
    I am in Antarctica with a Condo.There are many Penguins here...
    I am playing Super Blooper Galaxy.

Harder Core than You. Strype McClaine's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0637-6132-7577-7745
    Sorry, its just when I see things presented like that, I do get a bit irritated. I've done alot of game design work in the past, and I have been published a few times, just for other games, and unless ideas are complete, fully fleshed out, and have been tested, It just tends to rub my fur the wrong way.

I don't mean to sound pompous or a jerk in any form, but its a hard thing to work with and do. You have to ballence the Idea, Flavor, Form, Function, Role, Ballence all at the same time...

Often writing for any game, making new content, is the most fun, difficult, and aggravating thing you can ever do. The fortunate thing is, your not building a new system, just expanding on an existing one. I think what might be an exercise in design might be, the following....

How many new pokemon were added to gen 4, excluding evolutions that are unavailable till the post game senerio, IE. the Sinnoh pokes.
    Take that number, and make it the "new poke" number, then design a region around that. Without creating a single pokemon, determine what roles the new pokes fill in the environment (flavor roll and ballence), and then determine, what is needed.

Example, the first few routes has a few pokemon, usuealy at least one flyer, and a few ground non bug critters, what roles do they fill late game?

Any tree can drop a cherubi, i'll drop a freakin lunatone

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Strype McClaine
    Sorry, its just when I see things presented like that, I do get a bit irritated. I've done alot of game design work in the past, and I have been published a few times, just for other games, and unless ideas are complete, fully fleshed out, and have been tested, It just tends to rub my fur the wrong way.

I don't mean to sound pompous or a jerk in any form, but its a hard thing to work with and do. You have to ballence the Idea, Flavor, Form, Function, Role, Ballence all at the same time...

Often writing for any game, making new content, is the most fun, difficult, and aggravating thing you can ever do. The fortunate thing is, your not building a new system, just expanding on an existing one. I think what might be an exercise in design might be, the following....

How many new pokemon were added to gen 4, excluding evolutions that are unavailable till the post game senerio, IE. the Sinnoh pokes.
    Take that number, and make it the "new poke" number, then design a region around that. Without creating a single pokemon, determine what roles the new pokes fill in the environment (flavor roll and ballence), and then determine, what is needed.

Example, the first few routes has a few pokemon, usuealy at least one flyer, and a few ground non bug critters, what roles do they fill late game?
    It's alright Strype...I can take some helpful critisism.

I know there are alot of things that I may have overlooked throughout my idea for a 5th Generation of Pokemon Gaming.
    You're right about starting with determining the new roles of the new Pokemon, and which ones can be found on the new routes. That I haven't had a chance to think about yet...

And sorry if I've offended your game designing know-how.

If I run into any trouble with my ideas, I'll be sure to come to ya since you know a bit more about this stuff then I do.

PS: I'll let you know what ideas I have for the Gym Leaders/Elite Four on a later post. But they probably will be revised when I start creating new Pokemon...

Jeffery
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend Code: 0087 2010 5672
    Mario Strikers Charged Friend Code: 481146 047743
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: Game Restarted - Code Changed
    Mario Kart DS Friend Code: 008708 817381
    Diddy Kong Racing DS Friend Code: 335127 820101

Private Message me if you add me in one or all of those games!

Member #
    Friends
    I would really like to see something fresh in the way of starters, I have been playing Pokemon for almost 15 years now and Ill be playing them as long as they keep making them but I would really like to see a mix on what the games start with.

Like why not
    dark, psychic fighting.

Well balanced good single types. Seriously would that be so much to ask for? water grass and fire havenít been a fair match since crystal and dual typing. I know we have a remake of emerald coming out after the 5th gen game Id sure would love a mix up on what pokemon Iím going to use.

Iím an electric trainer by nature but I know that I am not the only one out there that thinks tradition doesnít mean degradation.

PS If your Listening bring back the PokeRadar!!!! please

V.3
    Member #
    Friends
    5295-9528-2376-5738
    Quote Originally Posted by shnyhunter View Post
    I would really like to see something fresh in the way of starters, I have been playing Pokemon for almost 15 years now and Ill be playing them as long as they keep making them but I would really like to see a mix on what the games start with.

Like why not
    dark, psychic fighting.

Well balanced good single types. Seriously would that be so much to ask for? water grass and fire havenít been a fair match since crystal and dual typing. I know we have a remake of emerald coming out after the 5th gen game Id sure would love a mix up on what pokemon Iím going to use.

Iím an electric trainer by nature but I know that I am not the only one out there that thinks tradition doesnít mean degradation.

PS If your Listening bring back the PokeRadar!!!! please
    i really like your idea on the different types, it be a complete change but pretty cool. i just really want them to NOT add 20 legendaries in the game. they keep adding WAY too much. ever since the r/s/e series they have way too many!
    Brawl: 0774 8380 4472
    Pokemon Diamond: 0001 1949 6812
    Pokemon Soul Silver: 1935 2865 1253

Member #
    Friends
    Inklet
    Tiny Squid PKMN
    Water
    It is very small. It can zip through a Sharpedo's jaws faster than a Scyther.
    Evolves into Bink at 16...

Bink (Bi-Ink)
    Bionic Squid PKMN
    Water
    After evolution, it was captured by a human who downloaded data into it, making it extremely fast.
    Evolves into Inktrio at 40 or Swink at 45...

Inktrio
    Giant Squid PKMN
    Water
    Inktrio can shoot 3 jets of ink at an enemy at once!

Swink
    Superfast Squid PKMN
    Water
    It is twice as fast as Darkrai.It can also learn Ice Beam, and Blizzard.
    Last edited by Spiritsaar; 03-16-2010 at 01:58 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Cargice
    Small Cargo PKMN
    Water/Ice
    It has an odd likeliness to Shellos. It can carry heavy loads of cargo.

Frezroar
    Roaring Cargo PKMN
    Water/Ice
    It has no likeliness to Gastrodon.It loves to roar so it can scare opponents away.

Blizzavern
    Frigid Dragon PKMN
    Ice/Dragon
    Blizzavern is extremely powerful. It can whip up windstorms with over 100 mile per hour winds. The signature move is Draco Blizzard.

Eculyptakick
    Oak Fighter PKMN
    Grass/Fighting
    It can punch through steel, although it can get bruised badly.

Grafluff
    Growth Karate PKMN
    Grass/Fighting
    Grafluff has large fluffs of leaves around its wrists. It is only used to distract enemies.

Timberawl
    Tree Brawler PKMN
    Grass/Fighting
    Timberawl is very strong. One punch to the face and the victim runs the risk of being badly paralyzed.

Member #
    Friends
    Frondilo
    Fern Bagon PKMN
    Grass
    Frondilo is almost a Grass type version of Bagon. It can dash really fast. Frondilo is also very agile.
    Evolves into Vinepuncher at 15...

Vineapuncher
    Vine Puncher PKMN
    Grass/Fighting
    Vineapuncher has very fast actions. It can jump over 6 feet in 1 bound. It has vines on its elbows that it can shoot out by itself. They are replaced by leaves after evolution.
    Evolves into Kwasanblade at 30...

Kwasanblade
    Sequoia PKMN
    Grass/Fighting
    Kwasanblade can slice 5 trees with 1 slash of its blades on the elbows.Its signature move is Sequoia Blast.

Member #
    Friends
    Hey Jeff25!

You have my support for sending ideas to Nintendo. I'll do my share by looking up Nintendo's email address. Or we can mail it to Japan.

Ads