LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 244 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2435
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ive changed my mind on that but i still need #6

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Oh. Sorry, somehow I remember it being 20 PP. And lol you rated everyone's team besides mine, and all you did was laugh at them.
    So here it is for the third time:
    Pokemon: Salamence
    Item: Yache Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Intimidate
    Moves:
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Stone Edge

Crunch on Mence isn't very useful, except for a MixMence set, which this clearly isn't. Yache Berry doesn't really fit on sets, except the DD sweeper, either. It's not a bad idea to drop Crunch for DD. Then you're set.

Dragon Dance ahoy.

Pokemon: Zapdos
    Item: Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Signal Beam
    Ancientpower
    Heat Wave

You don't want Signal Beam or Ancient Power since they have limited power and especially coverage, but rather, U-turn. It may not hit hard, but Zapdos can be easy to counter if you choice the wrong move; scouting for counters can really end up in your favor. Not to mention, if you can get HP Ice or HP Grass for either Dragons or Swampert, U-turn will help you learn if you'll want to take a stab at using HP on the switch, next time Zapdos is in.

If you can't get your hands on a good HP, though, Signal Beam is your last choice, even if it is useless. Ofcourse, if you want to play some serious mind games, you can slap on Thunderwave to fool the opponent into thinking it doesn't have Specs, or Roost if you want to one turn a recover, and switch; however, this is very risky; if they predict this, they can switch in a stat-up sweeper like TTar, DD up, and murder you.

So you want me to teach him U-Turn and Signal Beam since I can't get a good Hidden Power?

Pokemon: Regirock
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Clear Body
    Moves:
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake
    Curse
    Rock Slide

Curse Regirock is not a physical wall to underestimate, but... it's pathetic special defense really lets it down if it doesn't have sandstream to back it up. I don't recommend adding a TTar either, since it defeats the purpose of Blissey's leftovers with Sandstorm's turn damage, and Salamence will be taking massive damage if stealth rock gets out. ... Not to mention you'll kill your own Shedinja. You'll want another set, IMO.

Hmm, I'll think about that. And I never thought base 100 was pathetic, espicially for a UU Pokemon.

Pokemon: Blissey
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Moves:
    Calm Mind
    Charm
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss

Lowering Attack and increasing Sp. Def is a great idea in theory, which is psuedo-employed by other pokes, brilliant even. Props to this moveset; it just might be successful. The only issue I have is that a single Ghost type will ruin this set; make sure you have things to kill Mismagius and Gengar with on your other pokes. Also, I highly recommend Lightscreen instead of Calm Mind; it lasts after a switch, helps the team, and is just as effective as CM, maybe even moreso.

And to take care of ghosts I could teach him Shadow Ball, which has synergy with Calm Mind. I'm trying to make it more possible for Blissey to survive physical attacks, in case that Salamence turns green and rebells against me (Serebii.net comic reference)

Pokemon: Vaporeon
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Moves:
    Surf
    Acid Armor
    Wish
    Baton Pass

I assume you'll be using this Vaporeon to Pass defense boosts to a sweeper/Blissey? Great team synergy. Wish will also be a wonderful move for the team in general; especially Salamence and Zapdos, since they'll be hurting from Stealth Rock. However, you don't want a Timid nature; Vaporeon doesn't need any speed. Give it Calm or Bold for a defense boost.

Don't Baton Passers want a bunch of speed?

Pokemon: Shedinja
    Item: Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    Moves:
    X-Scissor
    Sucker Punch
    Will-o-wisp
    Grudge

Shedinja will die of Stealth Rock, Sandstream, Hail, or some random attack. Definatly don't use it. Not to mention if by some miracle it does survive, it'l probably win the game in some cheap way...

I might use it as a suicide to get rid of an opponent's move, like Stone Edge or Rock Slide, that will tear another one of my team members apart. But I guess that's a too risky tactic. I'll think f something else.
    Blackbird singin' in the dead o' night...
    Take these broken wings an' learn t' fly.
    Oh-ho.
    All your life...
    You were only watin', fer dis moment, to arrive.
    Last edited by Espmaster_; 12-24-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Attachment 11127Attachment 11126

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Sort of; U-turn and either Signal Beam, Thunderwave, or Roost.

Base 100 is pretty pathetic if you don't back it with EVs; and even then, it's not enough to heartily survive a Specs Surf coming off of a Latias, or maybe a STAB Hydro Pump from Empoleon.

If Blissey gets Shadow Ball, it loses out on an important move in the moveset; and if you replace Seismic Toss, it'l be walled by even more. Rather than give Blissey Shadow Ball, get a good poke in slot 6 that'l perform on the team well, as well as take out ghosts.

Not necesarrily. Vaporeon isn't fast, even with max speed. Not to mention it has bulk on it's side, which is the next best thing compared to speed. Work on a pokemon's strong points, rather than go in reverse and count on it's lesser features like some n00bs (Groudon with Solar Beam XD).

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Sort of; U-turn and either Signal Beam, Thunderwave, or Roost.

Base 100 is pretty pathetic if you don't back it with EVs; and even then, it's not enough to heartily survive a Specs Surf coming off of a Latias, or maybe a STAB Hydro Pump from Empoleon.

Yeah, but this isn't a Uber team, so I won't have to worry about Latias. (Fortunately for DarkSamus1000). I am backing it with EVs, too.

If Blissey gets Shadow Ball, it loses out on an important move in the moveset; and if you replace Seismic Toss, it'l be walled by even more. Rather than give Blissey Shadow Ball, get a good poke in slot 6 that'l perform on the team well, as well as take out ghosts.

No Shedinja?

Not necesarrily. Vaporeon isn't fast, even with max speed. Not to mention it has bulk on it's side, which is the next best thing compared to speed. Work on a pokemon's strong points, rather than go in reverse and count on it's lesser features like some n00bs (Groudon with Solar Beam XD).
    You know what? I'm tired about responding to posts in bold text on Christmas Eve. Yeah, I'll drop the speed. Sometimes you have to compesate for a Pokemon's weakest stat though, like my Bold Blissey.
    I'm sorry, that glitch worked on YouTube and I wanted to see if it worked here.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Actually, Latias is OU as of last... March, was it? Without Soul Dew, she's not all that uber-material, especially when accounting her vulnerability to common pokes like CB TTar, Scizor, Blissey, and some others. So, yeah, you do, actually. There are a lot more threats that can trash Regirock even worse than Latias anyways, such as Empoleon, Azelf, Scizor, etc. Backing Sp. Def with EVs is a waste; then Regirock will have trouble handling physical attackers by either lacking damage, or lacking defense. Not to mention, even with maxed Sp. Def, he'll still get murdered by aforementioned pokes. Trust me Esp, Regirock isn't very viable if he's not used in a Sandstream team; I'd know from experience. My Sandstorm team had a huge winstreak back when I used it, sometimes thanks to my Regirock. He wouldn't of survived 3/4th of the special attacks he took without sandstorm, really.

No Shedinja. :P

Ya, very true. But for sake of mention, if you're using the standard Blissey (not you're unique dual-defensive Blissey), a lot of Sp. Attackers can ruin Blissey nowadays, if you neglect EVing Sp. Def. It forces the Blissey user to sometimes forgive defensve EVs for Sp. Atk EVs, leaving it able to be OHKO'd/2HKO'd by just a few pokes after the EV change. Blissey might be godly, but it's got an EV dilemma nowadays.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Actually, Latias is OU as of last... March, was it? Without Soul Dew, she's not all that uber-material, especially when accounting her vulnerability to common pokes like CB TTar, Scizor, Blissey, and some others. So, yeah, you do, actually. There are a lot more threats that can trash Regirock even worse than Latias anyways, such as Empoleon, Azelf, Scizor, etc. Backing Sp. Def with EVs is a waste; then Regirock will have trouble handling physical attackers by either lacking damage, or lacking defense. Not to mention, even with maxed Sp. Def, he'll still get murdered by aforementioned pokes. Trust me Esp, Regirock isn't very viable if he's not used in a Sandstream team; I'd know from experience. My Sandstorm team had a huge winstreak back when I used it, sometimes thanks to my Regirock. He wouldn't of survived 3/4th of the special attacks he took without sandstorm, really.
    Okay, so I need a new Physical Wall.
    No Shedinja. :P
    Okay...
    Ya, very true. But for sake of mention, if you're using the standard Blissey (not you're unique dual-defensive Blissey), a lot of Sp. Attackers can ruin Blissey nowadays, if you neglect EVing Sp. Def. It forces the Blissey user to sometimes forgive defensve EVs for Sp. Atk EVs, leaving it able to be OHKO'd/2HKO'd by just a few pokes after the EV change. Blissey might be godly, but it's got an EV dilemma nowadays.
    I'm investing in Special Defense and Defense close to evenly. I'll just use Light Screen like you said anyway, I can use a Pokemon in the last slot to take care of Ghost-types.
    fjflfmjsldkbkjfmulsw

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    @ CK: Sorry, little rusty. Its been awhile. lol. Ima put up my onwn team soon so I can work out the kinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    Ok. My prototype team.... Nowhere near done... This is just what the basic layout is prolly gonna be, prior your comments of course.

Infernape @ Adamant @ Choice Band (Lead)
    Blaze
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-Turn
    - Close Combat
    - Earthquake

Alakazam @ Modest @ Petaya Berry (Special Atk)
    Synchronize
    - Focus Blast
    - Charge Beam
    - Energy Ball
    - Psychic

Kingdra @ Modest @ Choice Specs (Specs Sweeper)
    Poison Point
    - Ice Beam
    - Flash Cannon
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf

Houndoom @ Modest @ Petaya Berry (NP Sweeper)
    Flash Fire
    - Hidden Power (Grass)
    - Dark Pulse
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower

Dusknoir @ Careful @ Leftovers (Tank)
    Pressure
    - Will- O- Wisp
    - Fire Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Pain Split

Dragonite @ Jolly @ Life Orb (Powerhouse)
    Inner Focus
    - Waterfall
    - Fire Punch
    - Thunderpunch
    - Ice Punch

As you can see, this team is mainly for fun, not for competeing in tourneys. Judge it how you will, criticism and ideas are appreciated.

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    Um.... I am ready to kick that teams ass any day....
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

Member #
    Friends
    lol.... Who said that this is the im facing you with? lol/ Did you not see "prototype" in that?

Ads