LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 243 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2429
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    uuuuuhhhh isnt that spam or something?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrannochu View Post
    But with Gravity all moves have a 1.67% accuracy boost giving DP a healthy 82-83% accuracy+ its typing with shadow sneak is basically unresisted.
    that's true but EQ still has more benefits

Member #
    Friends
    I guess. But is it wise to keep shadow sneak?

Member #
    Friends
    Can't someone put a stop to this non sense

Member #
    Friends
    Any Moderators around here?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I guess. But is it wise to keep shadow sneak?
    post the current moveset. so far, all you've said is shadow sneak, gravity and then asked us about DP or EQ. we don't have the full picture

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Pop View Post
    Lets not forget. Fire Blast has 85% chance of hitting. If it misses your screwed
    And if your Fire Punch doesn't 2HKO it (which it definatly won't), then you're also screwed by explosion. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Espmaster_ View Post
    Rhydon got an awesome evolution with Hammer Arm in the 4th gen
    Rhyperior isn't that good, honestly... With Sp. Def EVs, Sandstream, and Solid Rock, he's not a bad Tank, but... In general he has limited use in OU, and he's outclassed by quite a few pokes that can take on his role. Not having viable, unique sets is generally the downfall to a poke like Rhyperior.

I guess your right. Through Rock Head he can safely use Double Edge.
    Double Edge was only useful in 3rd Gen competitive battling, and only by a few certain pokemon; which I believe Rhydon was one of them. Nowadays, it's useless, though; and even back then, Rhydon only had it to hit Weezing "hard". Back a gen or two, it was basically filler (although it did have one or two specific uses, but rarely), especially with Rock Head not existing during the first two generations.

What should I teach a Gravity Dusknoir? EQ or DP?

Only answer if you know what Gravity really does.
    As mentioned a few posts after, it depends on the rest of the moveset. If you're not running WoW (Will-O-Wisp), then add it to the set ASAP. Speaking of that, WoW has 100% accuracy (or, really really close to that; can't remember), and combined with roughly an 82% chance of confusion, your opponent could be attacked, burned, and attack themselves all in one turn. The synergy is insanely good.

And about Shadow Sneak; if you want to use it, bring DP with it. Since ghosts are primarily special attackers in OU, burn won't completely hinder them, and with DP as your only offensive move, they simply wall you/set up in your face and sweep your team (Misdreavus!). If it's a Gengar, it can just slaughter you too; with no Sp. Def EVs, Dusknoir's a sitting duck against it. The other common ghost, Misdreavus, which almost always has Leftovers, should be able to take quite a few SS'. So, I honestly don't see the point in running SS, unless you're dead set on it.

Rather, I highly recommend Pain Split as your last move, instead of SS. This is Dusknoir's only recovery move; and it actually has some uses. You can do moderate damage at first, without being forced to use another Dynamic Punch, while giving Dusknoir longevity by recovering his HP. Combined with Confusion and Burn damage, this should be doing as much as two Dynamic Punch's (and most likely, quite a bit more damage, since this type of Dusknoir isn't focusing on Atk EVs).

So, what I'm recommending as Dusknoir set is:

Dusknoir @ Leftovers

Gravity (lol obviously)
    Pain Split
    Dynamic Punch
    Will-O-Wisp (mandatory for stopping physical attackers, if you don't want your Dusknoir slaughtered!)

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    I guess your right. Through Rock Head he can safely use Double Edge.
    Double Edge was only useful in 3rd Gen competitive battling, and only by a few certain pokemon; which I believe Rhydon was one of them. Nowadays, it's useless, though; and even back then, Rhydon only had it to hit Weezing "hard". Back a gen or two, it was basically filler (although it did have one or two specific uses, but rarely), especially with Rock Head not existing during the first two generations.
    This gen, Relicanth got access to Rock Head+Head Smash, making him a deadly threat among the UU envirement. Rock Head, however, is rarely seen in the OU envirement these days... mostly on Pokemon like Donphan.
    Attachment 11127Attachment 11126

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Rock Head isn't used in OU, period. :P Donphan doesn't have that ability, btw. You're thinking of the even more useless Sturdy.

Much more notable than Relicanth is the fact Aggron got Head Smash, thanks to HGSS. Head Smash coming off of 478 Atk (thanks to CB, ofcourse) is no joke. That's 7 points higher than Rampardos' normal attack stat. Combine that with Aggron's massively higher defense, and list of useful resists, (and ofcourse, the Rock Head Rampardos doesn't even have) makes him UU's juggernaut.

... Ofcourse, his use can be limited depending on the foe's team. One STAB Fighting or Ground move, and he's probably downed.

I was saying Double Edge being useless though, not Rock Head. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Rock Head isn't used in OU, period. :P Donphan doesn't have that ability, btw. You're thinking of the even more useless Sturdy.

Much more notable than Relicanth is the fact Aggron got Head Smash, thanks to HGSS. Head Smash coming off of 478 Atk (thanks to CB, ofcourse) is no joke. That's 7 points higher than Rampardos' normal attack stat. Combine that with Aggron's massively higher defense, and list of useful resists, (and ofcourse, the Rock Head Rampardos doesn't even have) makes him UU's juggernaut.

... Ofcourse, his use can be limited depending on the foe's team. One STAB Fighting or Ground move, and he's probably downed.

I was saying Double Edge being useless though, not Rock Head. :P
    Right. Donphan doesn't have Rock Head, I was thinking of another Pokemon. I forgot Aggron got Head Smash.
    Attachment 11127Attachment 11126

Ads