LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 244 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2439
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    You really shouldn't be switching Electivire into pokes that CAN use burn moves. :P He has no business against ghosts, and the few others WoWing, such as Heatran (Earth power @ Scarf/Specs is nasty for him). Thunderpunch is really the way to go; especially since his attack is already low for OU standards, as well as Expert Belt not scoring Super Effective hits without good prediction hindering him further.
    You really shouldn't switch him in until you predict an electric attack. Then he was an absolute beast for me in a few Shoddy Battles.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Which is still somewhat bogus until late game, because Electivire isn't sweeping a team with atleast 4 healthy pokemon/being baton passed something wicked successfully (which still isn't sweeping said team, unless he got two SDs or something... ).

Not to mention you're gambling on an electric attack to hit; if that doesn't happen, you could end up wasting a switch/ruining the element of suprise, lowering your chances of a motor drive boost significantly. Electivire just isn't excellent, speed boost or not. He's actually pretty gimmicky, you could say.

... Until someone thinks up a very effective CB set. Then maybe he'll have a possibly great set.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Do you use Pokesav CK?
    Last edited by RockerJ; 01-09-2010 at 12:26 AM.

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Do you use Pokesav CK?
    Ya, I couldn't of made your GodKarp without it. =P

Post your team, while you're at it, J. If you deleted the PM you sent me, I'll PM you a copy of your team back. Copy/paste ftw.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Finished team:

Gallade @ Focus Sash
    Adamant
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves:
    Close Combat
    Shadow Sneak
    Taunt
    Destiny Bond
    --------------------------------------------------
    Crobat @ Leftovers
    Jolly
    252 Att, 204 Speed, 52 HP
    Moves:
    Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Substitute
    Roost
    ------------------------------------------
    Gliscor (Ability: Hyper Cutter)@ Life Orb
    Jolly
    Moves:
    Swords Dance
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Roost
    -------------------------------------------
    Charizard @ Petaya Berry
    Timid
    252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
    Moves:
    Flamethrower
    Substitute
    Dragon Pulse
    Will-O-Wisp
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Bronzong (Ability: Levitate)@ Leftovers
    Sassy
    252 HP, 86 Attack, 80 Defense, 92 Special Defense (0 Speed IV)
    Moves:
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Gyro Ball
    Stealth Rock
    ---------------------------------
    Electivire @ Expert Belt
    Adamant
    Moves:
    Thunder Punch
    Ice Punch
    Cross Chop
    Earthquake

The Silence Bridge Guru

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    Not bad to say the least. I got a Bonzong just like that. I will be seeing you over wifi soon
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Okay, J, I'll PokeSAV this team when I have time.
    Attachment 11127Attachment 11126

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Espmaster_ View Post
    Okay, J, I'll PokeSAV this team when I have time.
    Already did it for J, Esp, no need to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Pop View Post
    Not bad to say the least. I got a Bonzong just like that. I will be seeing you over wifi soon
    I don't like the team, honestly... One of my teams not even designed for 6v6 (PBR only, 3v3) 3-0'd it. It's also got some flaws, too; Gliscor is a risky sweeper w/o Sandstream support or a BP, Charizard is even moreso, and even less reliable as a Petaya set, rather than BellyDrum. Two risky sweepers that are countered easily, all slow pokemon (except for Crobat, which gets mowed down quickly, and his set doesn't even function too well in OU... ), and some key weakpoints to some types, especially Water and Ice; Gyarados basically wipes out this team if he DD's and Liechi's, or gets 2 DDs. CM Suicune ruins this team once Electivire is gone, too. I'm not seeing too much synergy in this team, either...

There's no real heavy hitters here either, that can attack immediatly. Having a team of pokemon in this fast-paced metagame that can't do their purpose efficiently and quickly, is a death sentence.

The only thing I can commend this team for is originality, lack of major OU pokemon to abuse, and some amazing key resistances in 4 immunities to ground, 2 resists to Rock, and 4 resists to Fighting (one being 4x). These are predominatly the most common heavy hittter go-to offensive types, with a few exceptions such as Gyarados, or Tyranitar (DD Crunch just crushes this team... ).

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    *is not needed now that CK is back*
    Really want to battle somebody... NEED WEP CONNECTION!
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Noooo, we all appreciate your thoughts, Fox, whether I'm around or not. =) None the less when I'm gone 5 days a week, too. Especially since I've got a new OU team I finished up literally an hour ago. So, this gives everyone the chance to rate one of my teams, for once. Be as ruthless as possible, I want any and all errors made noticable. =)

Lead:

Uxie @ Leftovers, Bold, 244 HP/210 Defense/56 Sp. Atk (EVs specifically made to lol @ common leads of today, be it 2HKO's or taking very little damage)

Stealth Rock
    Yawn
    Thunderbolt
    Grass Knot

This is my own little innovative set for Uxie. No, it's not a TrickScarfer, or your standard pixie leading set. The EVs are tailored to 2HKO Aerodactyl with T-bolt, 2HKO Swampert with Grass Knot, etc. etc. It can take pretty much any assault too; Uxie lol's at CB Crunch from a TTar. Yawning and then SRing on the switch/putting TTar to sleep, Uxie's job is done and I get a free switch. Speaking of it, Yawn is there for leads I just can't handle, i.e. Metagross (nothing I can do to harm it, really) or Infernape. SR is explains itself; my teams needs it, and it gives Uxie an important role as a lead.

Salamence @ Choice Specs, Modest, 252 Spe/252 Sp. Atk/6 Def

Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Hydro Pump

My favorite Specs sweeper, always has been, always will. Salamence is my second favorite non-Uber Dragon (second to Latias, which she creates... problems for the team), and this is my all-time favorite set of it. It pounds things with Draco Meteor, sweeps late game with Pulse, and kills everything in between with it's two coverage moves. Standards SpecsMence, really.

Scizor @ Choice Band, Technician, Adamant, 248 HP/252 Atk/10 Spe

Bullet Punch
    U-turn
    Superpower
    Pursuit

The notorious Scizor appears on my newest team, what a suprise... I thought I'd finally drop my SD Scizor for the more common CB version. Anywho...

Bullet Punch is there, because without it, Scizor fails. Same with U-turn; it's the core move to my team's success. My late-game sweeper, revenge killer, and other things that pair well with Scizor (such as my Mence) get a free switch into whatever counter they bring in. In short, mind games son.

Superpower is there to kill of Heatran; when scarfed, it can give my team some problems. Pursuit is there to rape Blissey; we all know SpecsMence has nothing on her, and my other Sp. Atker (a ScarfGengar) lacks a move to even dent Blissey; or atleast, not without expense. Pursuit also nags a good shot on things like Starmie, Azelf, etc. that can bug my team. Overall, nothing but standard.

Metagross @ Lightclay, Careful, 252 HP/72 Defense/178 Sp. Def

Light Screen
    Reflect
    Explosion
    Earthquake

Not the most obvious Metagross set, hm? With these EVs and the screens, his biggest counters (such as Heatran) fail to OHKO/2HKO him. Two of these big threats, Magnezone and Heatran, are destroyed by Earthquake in the process.

Being as my ScarfGengar and Salamence can be somewhat fragile, as well as aiding my sweeper to set up, dual screens can put me in a very good position. It can also help soften the blow when bringing in a pokemon on Scizor's U-turn, if by some rare chance, Scizor is faster and needs to gtfo (such as against a Magnezone).

Explosion, coming off of a base 135 attack alone (nuetral and untouched, 306 Attack) still back huge offensive power. If EQ isn't killing off somewhat, Explosion should be. Wasting very few turns (especially if Metagross faints himself for a safe switch in for my next poke), my screens are still up and sturdy, and my next pokemon comes in safe, or relatively slow. All the while, Metagross may have left a dent in the opposing pokemon. For my sweeper, this could be the difference between a clean sweep, or a fail.

Tyranitar @ Babiri Berry, Jolly, 252 Atk/252 Spe/6 HP

Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch

Here he is, the menace himself. DDing has always been a specialty of this monster of a pokemon, and has always been a star on most of my teams. But, the metagame has changed, and so has my moveset for DD TTar.

Dragon Dance is a definite yes (you're an idiot if you think so otherwise), Crunch and Stone Edge are virtually necesarry as well. Fire Punch is there to manhandle steel types, especially Forretress and Scizor.

Now, Scizor is this set's worst enemy. Bullet Punch off the ever-common CB Scizor gets TTar into kill range from only a single hit of Stealth Rock. SD Scizor obviously murders this set anyways. Babiri Berry is there to half the damage from super-effective steel type attacks. When Scizor switches in to BP me, I survive with 50-40% of my health, and proceed to OHKO with Fire Punch. With that done, I'm usually free to sweep.

Even better, if Scizor is KO'd/isn't on the opponents team, and screens are up, I could probably get off 2 DDs, and that's game right there if it's late game, and my opponent's team is in bad condition. Point being, DD TTar is a beast, and if I can get Scizor out of the way, then he has almost nothing to fear anymore (... except maybe Heatran, but with Light Screen/Sp. Def boost, Earth Power doesn't do shit).

Gengar @ Choice Scarf, Modest, 252 Spe/252 Sp. Atk/6 Def

Shadow Ball
    Trick
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

And here he is, an old friend of mine. He was commonplace in my early days, but his frailness (and lack of trick) led me to abandon him... But now, he's back with avengeance.

Shadow Ball is STAB, he needs it, lol. Trick is to completely ruin walls and tanks, or at worst, hinder a wall breaker/random poke who hates Scarf. Thunderbolt is specifically for Gyarados; DDers give my team trouble, ugh... Focus Blast is to destroy TTar, especially DD TTar (which ironically, am using on this team). Without this Gengar, DD TTar rips me to shreds, I pretty much lose once he gets a DD, and is for the most part, unharmed. Not a reliable check, yes, but I couldn't find much else to round off an offensive only team.

I'm also debating a bit on whether to add HP Ice into the mix, and drop Trick for it. HP Ice is my only way to take out DD Mence without sacrificing one or two pokes, which is absolutely fatal late game. However, if it has a Yache, I'll still be sacrificing pokes; and in the case of a Yache/I don't have HP Ice, Shadow Ball does the job anyways. As mentioned before, I absolutely need Focus Blast for TTar. Quite a dilemma... Rate my team or not, atleast comment on this moveslot syndrome problem I have. :P

And there you have it, my first team in months... Enjoy toying with it, without my interferance. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads