LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 244 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2439
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    Kind of an odd Donphan....
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    after you rate Esp and Storms teams, i want your opinion on this
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    Go with Flamethrower for Flygon because Fire Blast has 65 accuarcy although it is a powerful attack. Flamethrower works better due to 100 accuarcy and 95 power. Attach a Life Orb to it and it will take out a Scizor/Forrestress in no time.

Overall Team 10/10

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    @ King of Pop: Flamethrower on Flygon obliterates Scizor and Forretress, Life Orb or not... And Fire Blast is 85% accuracy, not 65%.... Ugh....

As a very wise little man once said KOP.... "Much to learn, you still have..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    Oooh I wanna rate!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Also, one more thing... Its a very well built team, but its missing SR support, which many of your sweepers need in order to guarantee that OHKO.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Oooh I wanna rate!

Spoiler Alert!
    Also, one more thing... Its a very well built team, but its missing SR support, which many of your sweepers need in order to guarantee that OHKO.
    you already rated it and gave some good advice. now i want CKs

Member #
    Friends
    5476-9392-2246-0340
    My Diamond party consists of:

Luxray lv. 70
    Giratina lv. 71
    Dialgia lv. 59
    Jirachi lv. 56
    Gyarados lv. 52
    Blissey lv. 50

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Oooh I wanna rate!

you already rated it and gave some good advice. now i want CKs
    Ask, and you shall receive.

Oooh I wanna rate!

Spoiler Alert!
    Let's get a few things straight, Storm, since I have to be the meta-nazi and correct every mistake anyone says or makes, just to be the douchebag EVERYONE hates.

... Or, to pass my knowledge to others, maybe. =P

Lucario isn't a common lead at all, anymore. Infernape's lost a huge amount of popularity too, considering bulky leads, especially with an Occa, rip him up. A Fake Out Sash set might show up every once in awhile, but there is such a thing as switching out. =P Bronzong's still around strong, but remember, Gyro Ball's BP is dependant on it's speed compared to the opponent's. Max HP TTar with no speed EVs isn't taking massive damage from a low BP, low base attack move; super effective STAB or not.

T'is true, Swampert lacks the raw power to smash things on his own; without an item. I've used a CBPert before, as insane as I am (take a wall and turn him into a sweeper? LOLWUT?), and it worked well. Not excellently, didn't win me any matches, but it didn't lose me any either. 525 attack with STAB Waterfall and EQ isn't too appealing to any poke not a wall, after all. ... Oh, and 'Pert's a ground type, only rock types get the Sp. Def boost. Get your facts straight. =P

Good assessment Storm, Flygon is a great asset with U-turn. Can't underestimate the power of free switches. =P The only thing I've gotta mention is Flygon and 'Mence share the same Base Speed. Any offensive set running Naive/Timid/Jolly, bar DD sets (they never max EVs; but come in on the switch, and Flygon gets battered), and there's a speed tie.

Not to mention there's the huge risk that the 'Mence is scarfed or otherwise. Switching Flygon in on 'Mence, and especially keeping it in on 'Mence is generally a bad idea, hence U-turn. Unless you KNOW by speed comparison that 'Mence is slower than your Flygon, NEVER leave a Flygon in on a Salamence. U-turning the turn after it switches in isn't the brightest idea, either. =P

Can't agree on your opinion with the Lucario set, though. Shadow Claw and EQ are out of place on any band/scarf/LO set, E-speed if it's not a Band set. The type coverage is rather sloppy, so... I'll confront that at a later time when I actually rate the team.

Good opinion on Gross' set, Storm. Psychic and Steel both have terrible coverage, and when you're trying to sweep, we all know coverage is everything. Thunder/Ice Punch should generally take the passenger seat when paired with MM. Again, I'll cover why in the team rate.

I can tell you don't know the horrors of Scizor. CB Scizor is indeed the most common, and the most deadly CB poke in the current metagame, but NEVER underestimate the SD version. I used to run a team with SD Scizor as the main sweeper; I never lost with the team. +2 LO STAB Bullet Punch anhilates pretty much everything; and if it doesn't, X-Scissor and Superpower do.

I loves me some Scizor, so I'll go into it right now; Night slash is redundant, since Bug already smashes Psychics, and hitting ghosts isn't too important when most of them are too fragile to take a BP, or otherwise, you can't handle (Dusknoir, the only bulky ghost that really posses a threat to Scizor, will survive a Night Slash, and then WoW your Scizor, ending his sweep permanently; if you think you can just SD up against him, you're wrong too. Fire Punch/Pain Split will put you in KO range from Burn and LO after one or two attacks; meaning you'll take out Dusknoir, and your sweep ends. Not too effective, lol.

Anyways, Storm has a point about Superpower; steel types wall Scizor completely, mainly Skarmory. Superpower highly dents it coming from +2 LO. However, it takes two Superpower shots to 2HKO Skarmory, meaning your attack stat is back to normal, you've taken LO damage, and your defense is now cut in half. Not the best position.

IMO, Brick Break is better, since it doesn't lower your attack/defense, can be consistently used to kill multiple threats without stopping your own sweep, (TTars, Blisseys, and Lucarios all on the same team, for example) and the only drawback is you can't 2HKO Skarmory (which can only whirlwind you or get KO'd), and can't OHKO Heatran. Just grab a Magnezone, or get some entry hazard damage prior to your sweep, and both of them will still fall.

Also, once HG/SS comes out, Scizor can be tutored Bug Bite. If your Scizor has Technician (which it should; otherwise Bullet Punch doesn't do crap), Bug Bite has 15 more Base Power than X-scissor. Not saying you should hold off on Scizor until then, but when you get the chance, teach it Bug Bite. You never know, you might steal a berry, and that 15 extra BP just might be enough to snag a game-winning KO. I've won a game by two damage before, seriously. =P

Anywho... I'll rate this team eventually. First up, Storm's team! I'll edit it in, or throw in a new post if someone posts before I'm done.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    lol.... Thnx CK. I appreciate the criticism actually. Helps me learn.

Speaking of which... I didnt know Rock type was the only ones who get the Sp Def boost in a sandstorm.

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    Aerodactyl - Jolly - Focus Sash
    Stealth Rock
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Crunch

Garchomp - Adamant - Choice Band (Just for fun)
    Dragon Claw
    EQ
    Brick Break
    Crunch

Salamence - Adamant - Choice Scarf
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Fire Fang
    ??? (Undecided)

Dusknoir - Adamant - Leftovers
    Gravity
    DynamicPunch
    Shadow Sneak
    Will-o-wisp

Machamp - Adamant (again lol) - Life Orb
    Payback
    Cross Chop
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch

Lucario - Jolly - Focus Sash
    Swords Dance
    Extremespeed
    Ice Punch
    Close Combat

I know I have alot of Adamants but I couldn't think of anything good.... sorry. Please rate.

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

Ads