LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 144 184 234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2429
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    A beast Magikarp... lol. If you want to see a beast Magikarp, you should wi-fi battle me; shame you can't. =/

OH OH! That reminds me! Watch nao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_a_OXkhHg

Nono, I don't "help" other people with teams. I can critique and give advice, but... I've already done what I can, or so it appears. If you've any more questions in regards to building a new team (not "what pokemon/moveset should I use?" kind of questions =P) or how to better this one, feel free to ask, though. =)

Quote Originally Posted by King of Pop View Post
    What I mean is wifi. I do plan on suiciding Torkoal lol. Arcanine is just there to hurt people. Lucidolo sweeps in the rain if it survives a hit. Togekiss is also a sweeper. Lickilicky just takes out the good type like Suicune or something
    And by wi-fi, you mean random n00bs or the battle tower... ?

Indeed, I assumed all of that already. =P My point is the team is rather... shaky. I can show you why if you'd battle me.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 04-08-2010 at 08:29 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    Only if you want to battle over wifi. I do sometimes prove people wrong
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

Survived WC for 2 years Destiny's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3929-2153-1019-2260
    What's a better charge beam sweeper, Rotom-h or Jolteon?

Also, another stupid question. My friend gave me her Platinum, but she wanted her Rotom-h, but when I got into the union room, it was only a normal Rotom. She said it's because the Rotom forms can't be traded. I dunno, I guess I kinda doubt it.

PSN: zSkill_Palad1n_-

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Jolteon, and by a long shot IMO. Rotom-any forme lacks the speed to sweep, and his Sp. Atk is still lower than Jolteon's. His pathetic HP can't let him handle everything thrown at him. His talents lie in team support, IMO (offensively or passively). I only see a Rotom-any forme sweeping set working against stall teams without tanks that retaliate and no form of phazing, which doesn't really happen... The metagame's too fast for slower sweepers, these days.

That is correct, no special forme in platinum can be traded, likewise in HG/SS (the Spikey-Eared Pichu, for example). They all revert to their normal formes in the union room.

If your friend's got HG/SS though, you can still change Rotom's forme. Go to Silph in Saffron and put Rotom at the front of your party; go into the otherwise broken elevator, it should work, and lead you to the appliances on another floor. Pretty much every pokemon with an alternate forme can be changed in HG/SS, with details here:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/forms.shtml

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5805-3018-2025-1718
    my team! XD

arcanine: Bite, extremespeed, thunder fang and flamethrower
    item: king's rock
    nature: serious

tyranitar: dark pulse, crunch, rock slide and earthquake
    item: smooth rock
    nature: quirky

jolten: thunfer bolt, quick atk, thunder and shadow ball ( i was bored)
    item:bright powder
    nature: gentel

dragonite: outrage, roost, wing atk and hyper beam
    item: permish berry
    nature: quite:
    (shiny)

lucario: extreme seep, dark pulse, dragon pulse and aura spear
    item: razor fang
    nature: bold

milotic: hydro pump, ice beam, aqua ring and surf,
    item: lum berry
    nature: admadent

and thats my team
    3DS code: 2191-7647-6022

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Smooth rock, smooth rock... Doesn't that increase the duration of Sandstorm? If that's the item you're using, get rid of it, Tyranitar's Sandstream is permanent with or without the item. =P Unless you meant Hard Stone, which increases a Rock-type attack's power.

This is a good in-game team, lot's of naturely strong/bulky pokes. There's only one issue though; your gaping weakness to Ground moves. 4 of your pokes are vulnerable to Ground, and only your Dragonite can take them via it's flying type. But otherwise, you've got a nice assortment of pokes and types.

Parts of the movesets need work though; Tyranitar obviously doesn't appreciate a special attack, 'specially when he's already got the physical version of Dark Pulse. Avalanche or Aqua Tail are good moves to replace Dark Pulse, since they've both got good power, and take care of the ground types that kill Tyranitar and friends. Just be careful with Avalanche, since you always go last when using the move (in exchange for a 120 power attack, but it doesn't mean much if you get KO'd by an earthquake ).

I don't see Jolteon using Quick Attack any time soon, lol. Pretty much anything is better than quick attack; Thunderwave really helps catching things, and could help you stop something that Jolteon alone couldn't handle. The tutor move signal beam hits Dark types. Double Kick is useless, but still better than QA... Yeah, not many options, lol. Jolteon's got a bad movepool.

Drop Hyper Beam for Draco Meteor via that one tutor person on Dragonite. Hyper Beam is normal typed (lol) and has 150 power; Draco Meteor has 210 power (thanks to D-nite and the attack being the same type) and doesn't make you wait another turn to attack. It only lowers Sp. Atk too, so you could switch to Outrage or Wing Attack for a guarenteed KO in two turns; unless you've fighting something like a Steelix. Speaking of that, if you can find the TM, Earthquake is both more powerful than Wing Attack (even after the same-type attack bonus), and kills the Steel types that Flying and Dragon attacks can barely dent.

Poor Milotic and Adamant nature... ... ... Lol. Milotic loves Recover a LOT more than Aqua Ring. Milotic has few options unless you breed it, lol, but the moveset's still good.

Arcanine and Lucario are perfectly fine. He'd love to have Overheat, though; same concept as Dragonite and Draco Meteor. Has a whopping 210 Sp. Atk, and the drop in Sp. atk doesn't matter when you've got other moves to rely on. If you go with Overheat, drop Flamethrower for it and try to get Fire Fang something on here; replacing Bite for Fire Fang would be a good idea. If you don't have the TM/Heart Scales for this, though, it's still good as is.

No way to improve Lucario's already diverse move selection, really. If you want an ultra-powerful physical attack (Close Combat over Extremespeed, same concept with D-nite and Arcanine), you could go for that since your defenses lowering is no concern if you can kill everything one shot, but Lucario's frail enough to want to avoid exchanging high power for the small defenses it has, and you never know when extremespeed's "speed boost" might come in handy.

Oh, and even if this is in-game, I have to say it...

Boo natures. DX Good team though, ya.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3929-2153-1019-2260
    Okay, so it can't be traded. But when I entered it for the Battle Tower, it also gets back to its crappy looking form. -_-

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Hi! Wow, you guys surprised I revived from the dead?! I wont be staying here long, I figured I can post a few things before I leave forever.

So, heres my team from Pokemon HG/SS. Im less noobish then I was before, youll notice.

Feraligatr- lv.74
    Moves: Crunch, Ice Punch, Screech, Aqua Tail

Crobat- lv.73
    Moves: U-turn, Toxic, Heat Wave, Fly

Heracross- lv.70
    Moves: Strength, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Megahorn

Gyarados- lv.71
    Moves: Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Thunder Wave

Steelix- lv.71
    Moves:Crunch, Dig, Stone Edge, Iron Tail

Porygon-Z- lv.74
    Moves: Nasty Plot, Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic

So you guys exited for Generation 5? I think they might be milking it a bit, but it still seems pretty damn cool. Im looking forward to it.

So....see ya? No wait....Good-bye forever? Ill be here for a few more hours before I leave for good.

ε(3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Member #
    Friends
    3929-2153-1019-2260
    Everyone who posts that they're leaving forever actually come back after some time. So really, see ya in a while. -_-

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Hi! Wow, you guys surprised I revived from the dead?! I wont be staying here long, I figured I can post a few things before I leave forever.

So, heres my team from Pokemon HG/SS. Im less noobish then I was before, youll notice.

Feraligatr- lv.74
    Moves: Crunch, Ice Punch, Screech, Aqua Tail

Crobat- lv.73
    Moves: U-turn, Toxic, Heat Wave, Fly

Heracross- lv.70
    Moves: Strength, Rock Slide, Brick Break, Megahorn

Gyarados- lv.71
    Moves: Waterfall, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Thunder Wave

Steelix- lv.71
    Moves:Crunch, Dig, Stone Edge, Iron Tail

Porygon-Z- lv.74
    Moves: Nasty Plot, Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic

So you guys exited for Generation 5? I think they might be milking it a bit, but it still seems pretty damn cool. Im looking forward to it.

So....see ya? No wait....Good-bye forever? Ill be here for a few more hours before I leave for good.
    Wow Nick, I havn't seen you post in ages. Literally. Good to see ya!

You weren't exaggerating when you said you weren't a n00b anymore, this team's great for in-game. You're not using the typical overpowered pokes that go on a team (like Ampharos, found in probably half or more HGSS in-game teams...). You've got some powerful attackers, a great physical wall, and good variety in offensive attack types.

You don't have any major holes in this team... You've got 1 special attacker in-case a wall shows up, and the rest of your team either hits hard, or is a good poke in general. You've got some speed, bulky pokes, and offense... A passable amount of resistances as well. Your only hole to be exploited in this team is the 3x weakness to Electric; but being the water-type lover you are, 3x isn't too hectic when you've got Heracross (with high Sp. Def/Earthquake) and especially Steelix able to handle most electric moves.

This team handles ably without having a single HM slave; not Cuts or Rock Smashes anywhere, but you make use of the better HMs offensively. The only issue I have with any of these pokes is...

1: Porygon-Z would love to have Dark Pulse over Psychic, since Fighting and Poison pokes won't give you ANY trouble, and Dark handles the pesky Psychics that murder Heracross or Crobat. Psychic is still fine as it is, though, not a big issue.

2: Crobat would love to have Cross Poison over Toxic for a good-powered STAB attack, and still a chance of poison with a Crit Ratio to boot. Poison Fang would be a better move than Toxic, even. Since it's so high level, Toxic really has no use anymore. Only real moveset problem here; and it's not too major, since Poison is bad STAB anyways; it just helps hit a few things Fly can't damage well.

Overall, great team, Nick. =) I can tell you've improved, and that's only the beginning since that's just an in-game team via HGSS.

Anywho, I'm also concerned with Black and White... I believe it's gonna be a bit stale, and ya, they've definatly milking the series now. I've seen the screenshots though; it's nice to see the battlefield and overworld in general's been so drastically changed. I'm looking forward to that much, at least.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads