LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 140 of 243 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2429
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1254-9433-9791-1069
    What???? I didn't get jack!
    My Friend Codes.... You got to ask me for them...

NOW AN XBOX 360 OWNER!

RETURNING CALL OF DUTY PLAYER (Wii)

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Salutations, fellow trainers. Your favorite team rater has returned from the abyss! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Brady280 View Post
    I only kept Lucario because it hatched shiny
    SHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIOSH INYLUCARIOSHINYLUCARIO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BladeTG View Post
    battle me on pbr to find out (no ubers)
    lolnub

Quote Originally Posted by King of Pop View Post
    What???? I didn't get jack!
    When you answer the elder's questions correctly, he'll give you the E-speed Dratini when you exit Dragon's Den, and then return to talk to him.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ur own personal Homeslice HomieG's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    For my team(I have SS)

feraligatr-brave-Leftovers
    blizzard
    surf
    crunch
    hydro pump(probably switch this)

Charizard-rash-charcoal
    flamethrower
    flareblitz
    dragon pulse
    heat wave
    switch him out with arcanine

electivire-quirky
    thunderbolt
    thunder
    discharge
    giga impact

tyranitar-sassy-iron ball
    crunch
    earthquake
    stone edge
    thunder
    looking for different rock/ground type

mewtwo-calm-
    psychic
    focus blast
    psycho cut
    drain punch

still looking for last pokemon

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Salute, HomieG. Welcome to our thread. =) I'll get to the point and evaluate the team immediatly.

Right off the bat, I could tell there's no major issues with your poke's types and weaknesses. While you could use some more resistances against Ground, Grass, Electric, and Water, you don't have any major holes in the team defensively.

And before I go on... Why does your Tyranitar have an Iron Ball?

Anywho, good call on replacing Hydro Pump, you only need 1 good water move, and Surf works brilliantly. Ofcourse, depending on whether your Feraligater's Attack or Sp. Atk is higher (I'd immediatly assume Attack is higher), you may want Waterfall instead of Surf.

As for a Hydro Pump replacement, you might want to go with Earthquake (TM 26) if you didn't use it on Tyranitar, since it does learn it by level up regardless. Waterfall would probably be a better slot too, since it's more accurate, and you won't need to withdraw something from your box whenever you need Waterfall.

Blizzard's got shaky accuracy, and Feraligater's Sp. Atk is lower than it's attack, too, so if you can find TM 72, Avalanche, it'd be much more useful. It'l make your Feraligater move last when used, but if he's attacked, it'l have the same power as Blizzard, and 100% accuracy. Avalanche has more PP, too (5 more, to be exact), and that always helps.

No point in reviewing Charizard if you're replacing him, lol. Just don't give Arcanine 3 fire moves, too. =P

Electivire doesn't learn much at all by level up, but if you can Move Tutor it Fire Punch by Heart Scale, it'd appreciate it. It can learn Ice Punch and especially Thunderpunch (which is more useful than all 3 of your Electric moves, since 'Vire's special attack is much lower than it's attack) from the Tutors in the Battle Frontier, too. Aside from Earthquake, there's little left for it to learn offensively after those 3 moves.

Giga Impact is a really bad move (Thunderpunch does tons more over two turns, and doesn't leave 'Vire open), so you can replace it with anything. Thunderwave for support, Earthquake I mentioned earlier, or maybe Heart Scale Tutor Light Screen for more support to the team. It's your call.

Tyranitar is Rock/Dark, actually; and you won't find any Rock, Dark, or Rock/Ground type more powerful than it unless it's one of those rediculous legendaries (Darkrai, Groudon, etc.). Not that I want to stop you, but that thing's deadly, and it's moves are great as is; except Thunder, since it only has 50% (or was it less?) accuracy when used during Tyranitar's infinite-Sandstorm. It doesn't even need a 4th move, but worthwhile tutor moves go along the lines of Fire/Ice Punch, Outrage, and Aqua Tail.

If you do want him replaced, though, the most powerful Rock/Ground type offensively is Rhyperior; Stone Edge and Earthquake hit massively hard, and it learns other powerhouse moves like Megahorn. Even with it's ability Solid Rock, it still dies easily to Special Grass and Water moves, so just be careful what you send it out on. It has massive Defense though, so if it's a physical attack that's not Water or Grass, you bet it'l take it in stride.

Mewtwo has awful level up moves, lol... It learns Aura Sphere at level 100, so you'll want that to probably replace Focus Blast once you get that far; 15 more PP, and it never misses; and it's still a very strong move at 90 power. Drain Punch and Psycho Cut have got to go, and good moves to replace them are Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Shadow Ball.

As for the last pokemon on your team, a Dragon/Flying or Dragon Arceus (give it a Draco Plate to hold) are always very powerful, and give your team a lot of bulk. If you can get Rayquaza by catching your game's Groudon and getting a Heart Gold's Kyogre, it'l be great for your team.

Back to the long reviews for me, lol...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8131-0929-4810-1698

Poke Team

Typhlosion- Charcoal
    Flamethrower
    Rollout
    Fire Blast
    Slash

Fearow
    Drill Peck
    Hyper Beam
    Fly
    Mirror Move

Machoke
    Fire Blast
    Karate Chop
    Earthquake
    Vital Throw

Clefairy
    Dizzy Punch
    Confusion
    Sing
    Strength

NidoKing
    Thrash
    Stomp
    Fire Blast
    Strength

Gyarados
    Dragon Rage
    Hydro Pump
    Hyper Beam
    Surf
    Monsta

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Hola, K Monsta. Welcome to the forums, and to this thread as well, ofcourse! =) Just as before, straight to the review!

Two things before getting underway, though; Clefairy and Typhlosion both have moves they can't learn; confusion and slash, respectively. Not sure if you hacked them or someone else fooled you, but those moves are worthless regardless. >_>

Anywho, off the bat, I noticed your team has defensive weaknesses at first glance; and I was right. A large rock weakness, and your Psychic/Flying weaknesses have no resistances on your team to soften the blows, even though Psychic and Flying types aren't usually too deadly, or atleast not until late-game (Staraptor, Alakazam, etc.). All of this is easily covered by replacing one of the pokemon on your team weak to rock (Gyarados, Fearow, or Typhlosion) with a steel type, which resists all 3 types that would give your team trouble. Metagross, Aggron, and any other bulky Steel types would help this team immensely.

Onto the moves, Typhlosion wouldn't want slash regardless, so anything good can replace it; sadly, Typhlosion has few moves that are good. Focus Blast isn't a bad option, and that's about his only other Special Attacking option. Anything is better than Rollout though; Shadow Claw, Solarbeam, and Brick Break to name a few good moves.

Fearow is in the same vote; lackluster amount of moves to choose from. It's stats aren't all that good either... But, eh. Regardless, it's easy to improve on Hyper Beam, though; the move is horrible, and even uses Fearow's weaker attack stat. Roost or even Assurance would be a better move in general. Mirror Move is pretty unreliable too, either of the above moves would probably be more useful than it.

I forgot Machoke can learn Fire Blast, lol... Another case of a good move being used with the wrong attack stat; and especially once Machoke evolves into Machamp will Fire Blast fail in comparison to any of Machoke's other moves.

Anywho, with Vital Throw, you don't need Karate Chop, and Fire Blast is useless as is. Machoke learns few good Level Up and TM moves, but if you're desperate, you could teach is Poison Jab for raw power. If you have the BP for Battle Frontier Tutors, Ice/Thunder/Fire punch are all useful, and your team could definatly use a good Ice/Electric move user.

I feel like the Clefairy is just there, so unless you plan on evolving it, I'll just leave it alone for now. =)

Nidoking has a fairly good movepool, actually. It's stats are very lackluster, but it still does good damage with super-effective hits. Thrash and Stomp have no place when you already have Strength, so any two moves could replace them. Avalanche, Megahorn, and especially Earthquake and Poison Jab are great moves for Nidoking. If you can't get Earthquake, there's always Earth Power too.

Gyarados also has the "bad movepool" syndrome, but TMs help gigantically. Surf, Hyper Beam, and Hydro Pump all work off of Gyarados' pathetic Sp. Atk; this dragon needs physical moves. Waterfall does heaps more damage than any of the above moves, and is a must for any Gyarados. Ice Fang, Outrage, Payback and Earthquake are all great moves for replacing Hyper Beam and Hydro Pump. And ofcourse, since Dragon Rage is useless regardless, replace it with any of the above moves and you'll instantly find more success.

All in all, this team's not very good... Severe weaknesses, the pokemon themselves limit the trainer, and their limited movepools are leading to bad movesets. Not much can be done to make this team atleast average without a lot of Tutoring via the Battle Frontier and Heart Scales to remember moves (like Gyarados' Ice Fang). I can see this team barely scrapping past beating the story and post-story, but I don't see wins against other real life players. All I can truly recommend to make a useful team is a complete rehaul for better pokemon; Fearow, Nidoking, and Clefable are below average in terms of potential, that's for sure.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Ssbfreak,
    what would u change charizards moves to? Also I've decided to keep tyranitar

edit:what do u mean dragon arceus I've never heard of that!?!?
    Last edited by HomieG; 06-19-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Good to hear about Tyranitar, it shouldn't disappoint. =)

Charizard doesn't need 3 fire moves, so I'd get rid of Flare Blitz and Heat Wave; Flamethrower is better for it's reliable accuracy, and not having any drawbacks. Charizard doesn't have too many special moves, so Focus Blast is probably the best to replace either Fire Move. Pretty much anything can go for his last move; Brick Break, Aerial Ace/Wing Attack, or especially Thunderpunch (Battle Frontier Tutor) or Solarbeam to kill off Water types.

Arceus is the last pokemon in the pokedex; literally the "god" pokemon. It's rediculously useful since it learns amazing moves, and it has the highest stat total in the game. Even better is it's ability Multitype, which lets it change it's type depending on the "plate" item it holds. By Dragon Arceus, I meant Arceus with it's type changed to Dragon by holding a Draco Plate. If you want to see all of the details, here's a few links.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/493.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/potw-dp/493.shtml

^ That link discusses in-depth battle strategy with Arceus; some of it might be gibberish, but it shows some movesets worthwhile for teaching an Arceus.

Since you've never heard of it, you obviously don't have one. If you have wi-fi, I'd be happy to send you one of my Arceus, for free ofcourse; a Draco Plate included. =) It's atleast level 80 since that's the lowest you can catch it, so it's wicked powerful as is.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    That would be freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: pm me the details and stuff
    Last edited by HomieG; 06-20-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Good to see you back to your old self CK, we missed ya. lol

Ads