LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 244 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2435
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8947-8411-0898-6411
    Hey, um, I mean't delete my message. Calm down.

Games I'm Playing: Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart DS, Mario Sports Mix, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Master Quest, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Pokemon HeartGold

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    GALLADE (Clean Up) @ TwistedSpoon
    Adamant/Steadfast
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Psycho Cut
    Close Combat
    Swords Dance
    Leaf Blade

----

I'm keeping Gallade because he's shiny and Adamant and I love him.[/QUOTE]

I've been using a gallade and a Gardevior for a while now (i'm a little jealous that you have a shiny one) but mine knows nightslash instead of close combat i also gave him a scope lense to hold though this is only on pearl I dont have white yet.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanapher View Post
    I've been using a gallade and a Gardevior for a while now (i'm a little jealous that you have a shiny one) but mine knows nightslash instead of close combat i also gave him a scope lense to hold though this is only on pearl I dont have white yet.
    Night Slash? Really?

Close Combat is really good because not only does it have 120 base power, but with STAB, that's boosted to 180. Such a number makes Night Slash's base power of 70 seem meek in comparison.

I do understand the draw of high Critical Hit ratio, especially with Scope Lens. However, he sort of already gets that from Psycho Cut, which has added STAB.

Night Slash covers:
    Psychic
    Ghost

Close Combat covers:
    Normal
    Rock
    Steel
    Ice
    Dark

So yeah, Close Combat has better coverage. Additionally, because its power is more than twice that of Night Slash, it would actually do more damage regularly than a Critical Hit from Night Slash would (Night Slash CH: power 140; Close Combat without a CH: power 180).

I guess it all comes down to personal preference in the end, but it still seems to me like Psycho Cut has the same gimmick as Night Slash, and with STAB, it's generally a better choice.

However, Night Slash covers Gallade's weakness to Ghost, which might be worth considering. I still prefer Close Combat, though.

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

ACCOUNT NOW A GHOST TOWN BlueYoshi's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3383-9933-7110-7115
    Quote Originally Posted by WMBQ View Post
    Night Slash? Really?

Close Combat is really good because not only does it have 120 base power, but with STAB, that's boosted to 180. Such a number makes Night Slash's base power of 70 seem meek in comparison.

I do understand the draw of high Critical Hit ratio, especially with Scope Lens. However, he sort of already gets that from Psycho Cut, which has added STAB.

Night Slash covers:
    Psychic
    Ghost

Close Combat covers:
    Normal
    Rock
    Steel
    Ice
    Dark

So yeah, Close Combat has better coverage. Additionally, because its power is more than twice that of Night Slash, it would actually do more damage regularly than a Critical Hit from Night Slash would (Night Slash CH: power 140; Close Combat without a CH: power 180).

I guess it all comes down to personal preference in the end, but it still seems to me like Psycho Cut has the same gimmick as Night Slash, and with STAB, it's generally a better choice.

However, Night Slash covers Gallade's weakness to Ghost, which might be worth considering. I still prefer Close Combat, though.
    Mine knows Psychic, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, & Swords Dance. He's the attacker in my group. Is this something to consider?

You can also find me here:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/blueyosh12captaindemopan/

Any questions?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueYoshi View Post
    Night Slash? Really?

Night Slash covers:
    Psychic
    Ghost

Close Combat covers:
    Normal
    Rock
    Steel
    Ice
    Dark

Mine knows Psychic, Close Combat, Leaf Blade, & Swords Dance. He's the attacker in my group. Is this something to consider?
    That's pretty good, but you might want to consider switching Psychic for Psycho Cut. While Psychic does have a base power of 90 and Psycho Cut has a base power of 70, Psychic is a special attack. Psycho Cut is a physical attack. Gallade, whose base physical attack stat is 125, will be able to do much more damage with Psycho Cut. To compare, his special attack stat is about half that--65.

So yeah, Psycho Cut is much better than Psychic. Also, if you're using Swords Dance, then Psycho Cut will benefit; Psychic won't.

As for my Gallade, I've been looking at X-Scissor as a replacement for Leaf Blade, but I'm not sure yet.

Member #
    Friends
    you might consider stone edge, I found out the hard way that stone edge can hit opponents that use fly (poor staraptor, never knew what hit him) Damn you lucian!!!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends

Night Slash? Really?

Night Slash covers:
    Psychic
    Ghost

Close Combat covers:
    Normal
    Rock
    Steel
    Ice
    Dark

That's pretty good, but you might want to consider switching Psychic for Psycho Cut. While Psychic does have a base power of 90 and Psycho Cut has a base power of 70, Psychic is a special attack. Psycho Cut is a physical attack. Gallade, whose base physical attack stat is 125, will be able to do much more damage with Psycho Cut. To compare, his special attack stat is about half that--65.

So yeah, Psycho Cut is much better than Psychic. Also, if you're using Swords Dance, then Psycho Cut will benefit; Psychic won't.

As for my Gallade, I've been looking at X-Scissor as a replacement for Leaf Blade, but I'm not sure yet.
    ehh... i say keep leaf blade. X-scissor is great, but close combat already covers most things that does major damage to, and that leaf blade is essential to prevent yourself getting walled out against swampert, carracosta, and some others. Youd really only gain a single benefit from X-Scissor, where with Leaf Blade your type coverage is FAR greater.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post

ehh... i say keep leaf blade. X-scissor is great, but close combat already covers most things that does major damage to, and that leaf blade is essential to prevent yourself getting walled out against swampert, carracosta, and some others. Youd really only gain a single benefit from X-Scissor, where with Leaf Blade your type coverage is FAR greater.
    True true. Thanks for the C&C :D

What do you think of the rest of my team?

Member #
    Friends
    you could try zen headbut or hammer arm for metagross and give it a quickclaw it works wonders for my Garchomp.
    too bad chandelure cant learn nasty plot though you could try teaching it calm mind.
    Last edited by Zanapher; 03-27-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    you could try zen headbut or hammer arm for metagross and give it a quickclaw it works wonders for my Garchomp.
    I was considering that...

However, in the end, I decided that I wanted Meteor Mash. Despite inferior coverage, it has a lot of power, and the 30% chance of Attack boost is quite nice.

Quick Claw is essentially ousted by the presence of Bullet Punch.

Basically, I go in, set up Stealth Rock, take a hit or two, and Explode. Standard Suicide Lead stuff, I guess.

Switching out Zen Headbutt for Meteor Mash might be something to consider, actually... thanks

Ads