LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 244 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2439
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Krookodile's the Moxie user to be least afraid of, and it is pretty beast. x) Banded Moxie 'Mence's Outrage is ****ing scary. Once their steel poke(s) are gone, they're sorta ****ed, lol. It's not going to outright sweep because of confusion, but it'l leave a gaping dent in their defenses.

I'm sure someone's tried a Moxie 'Mence @ Lum Berry/Persim and ****ed up someone team too, lol. Moxie's just a really dangerous strategy, since 'Mence isn't very fast without a +1 in Speed, and ice moves obviously destroy it without Yache. Lacking intimidate can also make you lose a lot of safe switches (you're not switching into -1 Stone Edges anymore, so...), and since Lati@s are OU, they'l outspeed and own the set.

But hey, that's what agility passers I mentioned earlier are for. :P And Scizor makes a great 2-poke core with 'Mence anyways, so there's a pretty standard sweeping pair, straight from Gen 4. I dunno if Scizor alone can keep up with Gen 5's OU, though.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    im not sure... i was only speaking Gen 5 wise pokes tho, i havent even eally delved into the new abilities on older pokes, was unaware of mence having that potential... thats.... troublesome and scary... lol.... however, Krookodile norrmally outspeeds mence, yea? thats my main concern is having a poke that can outspeed most by itself while gaining the boosts neccessary to sweep.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Actually, Krookodile's max speed is 17 under 'Mences. I don't think there's much it could do to 'Mence without a band or boosts of it's own, anyways.

Yeah, I always want a sweeper to prioritize high speed, not be weak to common priority (Mach Punch and/or 4x weak, namely), and be able to boost it's attack to threatening sweep levels. Shame you can never have the full package, bulk always comes as the price for speed and power; unless you're Garchomp.

... Who is banned already. T_T

Since you've been focusin' on Gen 5, you use a Whimsicott yet? I don't know shit about incorporating walls and support pokes into an offensive team, lol. But I'm interested in that fuzzy bundle of cute. Only thing cuter than the cuddly sheep is Magikarp himself.

VVV Isn't it so adorable you want to hug it to death?! <3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's your pokemon team?-1460449-when_i_evolve____by_the_artistic_rat_super.png  

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    lol yes, yes sir it is indeed... And whimsicott, in game cant do much... against other players, that thing can cause hell, seriously. can you stay stop ANY sweeper dead in its tracks with its instantaneous priority use of status-affecting moves? Christ thats broken.. Say goodnight Gyarados, Mence, Krook, even Garchomp is powerless against priority status killers.... Its insane, and obnoxious.

And really??? I thought Krook was faster... Damn... Well that sucks... Have you had a problem taking down those god forsaken Scraftys? I can never seem to OHKO them, even with super-effectiveness. lol

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    To be honest, I've yet to have a Gen 5 battle with anyone, lol... I know Scrafty's bulky, but not from experience.

Yeah, I know of Whimsicott's epic sweeper stopping. Switch in on a stat-up move, Encore, proceed to **** with it with an assortment of priority moves like Leech Seed, Substitute, Taunt, etc.

But isn't it useful for ANYTHING else? =/ Offensive players like me don't let stat-up sweepers get off regardless, so an "absolute sweeper-stopper" isn't really what I'd be interested in. I heard it can SubSeed too ofcourse, but it's not like Breloom in that it can rape you for switching out to stall Whimsicott's PP with offensive moves like Focus Punch.

If it's not, I fear I'll never use it in my standard offensive teams... And I damn-well want to use it, simply 'cause I like it. A lamb no cuter, I tell you! =D

And yes, I am also shocked I could possibly say such things. It's nigh-unthinkable. O_o;
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What's your pokemon team?-whimsicott_by_suxray-d3ebg3e.png  

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    lol. i dont honestly see too much offensive use for it to be honest.... its like a virus to insert into your opponents rectum, its a roundabout way to completely annhialate them... like a ring worm in your stomach... you dont notice it until you start crapping blood and vomitting crap.... yea.... just picture a visual of whimsicott crawling up your opponetns ass and making them crap blood.... ughhhhh..... creepy ass lamb thing...

Know somethin neat i just noticed? my favorite poke, arcannine, gets an ability called "justified", which apparently raises its attack one stage every time its hit with a dark type attack. picture this: double battle, your two pokes are Arcanine and Weavile. Canine has a Leichi berry. Make Weavile use Beat Up on Arcanine. 5 pokes on your team means +5 attack for that puppy in one turn... Gets attacked and leichi ups it for the 6th level, or a salac for speed. Next turn... EQ everything... And Extremespeed for everything else.... Balls to you, sir. lol

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    At least Whimsicott is still the cuttest fluff ball that'l ever rape your rectum!

... I'd say this conversation of sheep pokemon couldn't get any weirder, but let's not try. .-.;

Ahah, now you're thinking with broken synergy, Storm. Believe it or not, there was an even more sadistic doubles combo than that in VGC 2011, though. Whimsicott and Terrakion. As you know, Whimsicott has no offensive pressence, and does learn beat up. Terrakion also has Justified, resists Dark, and can learn both Rock Slide AND Earthquake; and nothing is immune to Rock Slide, unlike Arcanine's Earthquake. Terrakion also has even higher Attack and speed. Slap on a 'Scarf, and get to destroying things.

And used in a full doubles team match, that's a +5 STAB Rock Slide 'Scarf from Terrakion barreling your way. That's not something you'd want to be on the receiving end of. :P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    This is definitely off topic, but I have lost all knowledge of Competitive Pokemon. Can anyone fill me in on the changes from 4th gen to 5th gen?

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    At least Whimsicott is still the cuttest fluff ball that'l ever rape your rectum!

... I'd say this conversation of sheep pokemon couldn't get any weirder, but let's not try. .-.;

Ahah, now you're thinking with broken synergy, Storm. Believe it or not, there was an even more sadistic doubles combo than that in VGC 2011, though. Whimsicott and Terrakion. As you know, Whimsicott has no offensive pressence, and does learn beat up. Terrakion also has Justified, resists Dark, and can learn both Rock Slide AND Earthquake; and nothing is immune to Rock Slide, unlike Arcanine's Earthquake. Terrakion also has even higher Attack and speed. Slap on a 'Scarf, and get to destroying things.

And used in a full doubles team match, that's a +5 STAB Rock Slide 'Scarf from Terrakion barreling your way. That's not something you'd want to be on the receiving end of. :P
    Still.... I love that my epic legendary dog can fill that role too.

Theres no restrictions in thsis thing anymore... its insane... And that.... That damned sheep... Ughh.h..... lol. Whats your opinion of Hydreigon, CK? That thing is pretty sick.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    This is definitely off topic, but I have lost all knowledge of Competitive Pokemon. Can anyone fill me in on the changes from 4th gen to 5th gen?
    The metagame has lost all its restrictions.

Ads