LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 243 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2429
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    This is definitely off topic, but I have lost all knowledge of Competitive Pokemon. Can anyone fill me in on the changes from 4th gen to 5th gen?
    The metagame has lost all its restrictions.
    By restrictions you mean tiers? Or what?

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i mean in all terms of fair gameplay, its gone. I just am seeing it as erratically unbalanced to be honest.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    This is definitely off topic, but I have lost all knowledge of Competitive Pokemon. Can anyone fill me in on the changes from 4th gen to 5th gen?
    There's a lot to swallow in a Generation leap, that's for sure... Plenty of new items (not nearly as many useful ones as Gen 4, though), a ton of viable new pokemon, and a few previously-thought ubers now in OU, and maybe even going to OU. Like for example, Deoxys-S is OU and Deoxys-D might even drop into UU, along side Kyurem and even Mew. This generation's tiers are going to be crazy... UU's power shift during Platinum's release was crazy, but now... Hot damn, bro. Hot damn.

Whats your opinion of Hydreigon, CK? That thing is pretty sick.
    Hydreigon is the slower, but better-STAB version of Latios, and little more. x) It also gets Flamethrower, which Latios has always wanted. But, not only do I like the blue jet more, but I prefer it's higher speed and Psychic typing over Hydreigon at the moment. With all the absurdly powerful and common fighting types, Hydreigon ain't exactly got staying power.

Either way, they're both Draco Meteor-firing cannons of destruction, lol.

PFFT, you're exaggerating. It's not like Kyogre's cleaning up in OU or anything.

... Yet... ... ...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    There's a lot to swallow in a Generation leap, that's for sure... Plenty of new items (not nearly as many useful ones as Gen 4, though), a ton of viable new pokemon, and a few previously-thought ubers now in OU, and maybe even going to OU. Like for example, Deoxys-S is OU and Deoxys-D might even drop into UU, along side Kyurem and even Mew. This generation's tiers are going to be crazy... UU's power shift during Platinum's release was crazy, but now... Hot damn, bro. Hot damn.

Whats your opinion of Hydreigon, CK? That thing is pretty sick.
    Hydreigon is the slower, but better-STAB version of Latios, and little more. x) It also gets Flamethrower, which Latios has always wanted. But, not only do I like the blue jet more, but I prefer it's higher speed and Psychic typing over Hydreigon at the moment. With all the absurdly powerful and common fighting types, Hydreigon ain't exactly got staying power.

Either way, they're both Draco Meteor-firing cannons of destruction, lol.

PFFT, you're exaggerating. It's not like Kyogre's cleaning up in OU or anything.

... Yet... ... ...
    Only slightly exaggerating... You know as well as I do that it's the truth. lol.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Only slightly exaggerating... You know as well as I do that it's the truth. lol.
    Not really, no... What part of "never played a Gen 5 battle" don't ya get? =P

No experience, no true understanding of the metagame. Which is precisely why I need to get my game on and become the go-to guy for metagame junk on Wiichat again by battling it up. /arrogant

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    ^^^ lol, yes, you do... Its ridiculous nowadays. ive been in it, my friend. Its scary... But im sure there will be some sort of middle ground when gen 6 comes out... lol

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ^^^ lol, yes, you do... Its ridiculous nowadays. ive been in it, my friend. Its scary... But im sure there will be some sort of middle ground when gen 6 comes out... lol
    *facepalm* Blah, I give up... Fine, I have experience in a metagame I've only read about, and never played in. :P

Nah, Gen 5'll stabilize eventually. Gen 4 was the same way. Whenever a new generation is started, it's always hectic. Most things broken but not clearly uber are obvious. Like Speed Boost Blaziken; that thing was an annoying ****ing cock.

... Chicken, you dolt. Chicken. -_-

But it was banned in due time (only it's ability should of been...). Anything broken in OU is still being weeded out (except Garchomp T_T). Staples and pokemon that are really powerful, but not broken havn't yet settled down for people start abusing yet, either. But once that does happen, people will start making counters, make teams that cause common pokes and sets to be either risky or outright useless, and then people will catch onto all this jazz and there ya go. The stable metagame is once again born.

Not that I'm denying that things ARE crazy right now, no doubt about that. Probably a bit crazier than any previous Generation's beginning, unless Snorlax and TTar were being abused horribly straight from the Gen 2 get-go... Oh, CurseLax... You broken bastard.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Wow. You guys had quite the discussion. o__0

Uh....well....Sharpedo and Sableye are a lot stronger now, eh?

ε(3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Member #
    Friends
    @ Nick: Yes, Sharpedo got a serious makeover and is by far much better now. Quite sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    *facepalm* Blah, I give up... Fine, I have experience in a metagame I've only read about, and never played in. :P

Nah, Gen 5'll stabilize eventually. Gen 4 was the same way. Whenever a new generation is started, it's always hectic. Most things broken but not clearly uber are obvious. Like Speed Boost Blaziken; that thing was an annoying ****ing cock.

... Chicken, you dolt. Chicken. -_-

But it was banned in due time (only it's ability should of been...). Anything broken in OU is still being weeded out (except Garchomp T_T). Staples and pokemon that are really powerful, but not broken havn't yet settled down for people start abusing yet, either. But once that does happen, people will start making counters, make teams that cause common pokes and sets to be either risky or outright useless, and then people will catch onto all this jazz and there ya go. The stable metagame is once again born.

Not that I'm denying that things ARE crazy right now, no doubt about that. Probably a bit crazier than any previous Generation's beginning, unless Snorlax and TTar were being abused horribly straight from the Gen 2 get-go... Oh, CurseLax... You broken bastard.
    Doth mine eyes decieve me? I won an arguement against you? Hot daaaaaamn CK! lol.

And yes... It is a chicken... Trying to incinuate something CK, jeez...

LEAVE my beloved Snorlax alone... He is the king of the fatties, let him have his light to shine... Its not often that the fattest looking kat in the universe gets a moment to shine, but he can still hold his own. Unfortunately, this generation offered some obscenely brutal fighting types to its regimen... Namely Sawk... Cant hardly even 2HKO that thing. My Archeops using full power Acrobatics on it, being nearly 15 levels higher STILL didnt even cause enough damage to activate Sawk's Sturdy ability....

BTW, Archeops is completely badass, save for its crap ability...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Doth mine eyes decieve me? I won an arguement against you? Hot daaaaaamn CK! lol.
    I can't win anything yesterday. You'll be put in your place soon enough. ;D

LEAVE my beloved Snorlax alone... He is the king of the fatties, let him have his light to shine... Its not often that the fattest looking kat in the universe gets a moment to shine, but he can still hold his own. Unfortunately, this generation offered some obscenely brutal fighting types to its regimen... Namely Sawk... Cant hardly even 2HKO that thing. My Archeops using full power Acrobatics on it, being nearly 15 levels higher STILL didnt even cause enough damage to activate Sawk's Sturdy ability....

BTW, Archeops is completely badass, save for its crap ability...
    The only thing that fatass had going for him, was being broken in Gen 2. The Garchomp of GSC, except it was never banned. Snorlax has gotten worse since that Gen; he's not succeeding in OU once again, that I assure you.

Which means Archeops is garbage, lol. That's the same thing as saying Regigigas is a beast, except for it's terrible ability. Neither of them are worth Skill Swap in doubles, either. =P

So, what the ****, noone wants the battle, apparently?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads