LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 244 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2437
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    lol, gee thanks for the votes of confidence, CK. And Archeops is more than decent... Just When that damned ability kicks in... Ughh...

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    lol, gee thanks for the votes of confidence, CK. And Archeops is more than decent... Just When that damned ability kicks in... Ughh...
    Anytime, bro.

Which means it's not decent. It takes a single hit or switches into SR twice (thrice if you breed/hack for a proper HP stat), it's poor bulk lets it down. It's certainly not constantly maintaining with Wish, either. One switch into SR and a weak attack would be enough to damn it to Defeatist too. All it can do is abuse U-turn, which other pokemon are not only better at, but get STAB, or use Flying Gem Acrobatics for a one-hit wonder. It's a poor pokemon, I doubt it'l be any good in UU, the way things are shaping up there. UU's gonna be almost as rough as Gen 4 OU, really.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Yea well... As far as that goes, we'll figureit out i guess... Anyways, im working on building a team straight out of Gen 4. Heres what i got so far.

- Braviary
    Adamant
    Sheer Force
    Leftovers or Life Orb
    - Sky Drop
    - Superpower
    - Retaliate
    - ???

Krookodile
    Adamant
    Moxie
    Salac Berry
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Outrage
    - ???

Jellicent
    Modest
    Water Absorb
    Leftovers
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald
    - Shadow Ball
    - ???

This is still very much in the works, but we shall see how it progresses.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Oh, Braviary... You poor, poor inferior Staraptor...

I can tell you right now that Outrage is NOT a move you want on Krookodile, Storm. Anything is better than that. Outrage's only real use would be to kill dragon types, and that's only if they've stupid enough to switch in. And after that, your Salac is wasted if you're hit even once, when you're forced to switch out. Have a dedicated dragon killer, otherwise your sweep can be stopped by any wise player if you intend to use outrage AT ALL.

I can also say that you don't want Modest on Jellicent. It's no special attacker, and needs as much defense/sp. def to do it's job, which isn't even being a wall in OU in the first place. The only way it'l wall anything in OU, is if it gets a burn off of scald. Sp. attackers'll rip right through it. 'Specially with all those commonly-special attack weaknesses. Bulky waters have been hit hard this gen...

No comment on Braviary; I don't really know much about it, 'side from it being an inferior Staraptor.

Poor Braviary...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1923-6615-4080-7852
    Squirtle. Water gun and splash

Bulbasaur leaf attack and vines

Pikachu Thunder bolt and fire blast

Charizard Water gun and fly

Garyados Surf and splash

Mewtwo blast and beam. What you guys think? Im kick ass huh

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post
    Squirtle. Water gun and splash

Bulbasaur leaf attack and vines

Pikachu Thunder bolt and fire blast

Charizard Water gun and fly

Garyados Surf and splash

Mewtwo blast and beam. What you guys think? Im kick ass huh
    If you're going to troll this thread again, at least try to name REAL attacks that the pokemon ACTUALLY learn, bro. xD

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ur own personal Homeslice HomieG's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Hi well this isnt my first team but im just got back into pokemon so with out further ado:

Little info:Im thinking of a sand storm team, ps this is on my white version.My

lead:Metagross-Adamant-Clear Body-Item Occa Berry
    Stats:Hp 335 atk 400 def 291 sp atk 189 sp def 205 spd 183
    Moves:Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Explosion

Hes my favorite lead, stealth rock kinda already a known why its there. Earthquake a good attack if a fire type is sent out or if bullet punch just wont cut it. And explosion to go out with a boom if need be.

For Sandstream:
    Substitute Ttar-Relaxed-Sand Stream-Leftovers
    Stats:Hp 345 atk 325 def 288 sp atk 226 sp def 250 spd 163
    Moves:Stone Edge(crunch??), Substitute, Focus Punch, Earthquake

Ttar i like with substitute, hes worked for me greatly so far, focus punch good for taking out his weakness to ground and stone edge cause of it being his signature move. Earthquake for his other weaknesses. These first 2 i dont really want to change.

Scizor-technician-naive-(not sure of item)
    Stats:Hp 273 atk 315 def 256 sp atk 166 sp def 159 spd 190
    Moves:X-Scissor(Sword dance), Bullet Punch, Roost, U-turn

I like scizor. Nough said. Lol well i just like him as a guythat might cover for any weaknesses.
    Need someone from White so why not the power ranger!
    Bisharp-inner focus-jolly(adamant)-item???
    Stats: dont really have yet but EV's 252 atk 252 spd 2 hp
    Moves:Night slash, maybe sucker punch, psycho cut,
    Im thinkin he'd be kind of a sweeper any suggestions?

I was thinkin maybe Rhyperior, or Ferrothorn as a wall but idk. Wat u guys think?
    Last edited by HomieG; 07-10-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Hey hey, Homie G's back in the pokefray too, eh? Didn't know you were still around, bro. Nice to see another familiar username. =)

Quote Originally Posted by HomieG View Post
    My lead:Metagross-Adamant-Clear Body-Item Occa Berry
    Stats:Hp 335 atk 400 def 291 sp atk 189 sp def 205 spd 183
    Moves:Bullet Punch, Earthquake, Stealth Rock, Explosion

Hes my favorite lead, stealth rock kinda already a known why its there. Earthquake a good attack if a fire type is sent out or if bullet punch just wont cut it. And explosion to go out with a boom if need be.
    This was a fantastic lead in gen 4, but it was a specific lead. If you took that off of Smogon, it came from their 4th gen strategy dex, which means it's entirely outdated. I can assure you that Metagross doesn't need to be running that Occa berry anymore, since you won't have Azelfs and Infernape leads everywhere trying to ruin your day. If you're bent of a damage-reducing berry, I'd bet Shuca is the way to go. 5th Gen OU is really physical based these days, so you'll probably see an earthquake or two around.

Better yet, you may want to try the air balloon. Ground immunity until you're hit by any attack, instead of reduced ground damage for a single attack. Air Balloon is more useful for something that's screaming to be hit by EQ, but on a lead, it definatly has it's uses. Considering you want your Metagross to explode (even though explosion is 100% nerfed in Gen 5... =/), ensuring it won't get maimed by a stray EQ via the balloon could be the difference between getting 'rocks up, and getting up your hazard and going out with a bang.

Also, if you took the EV set from the strategy dex as well, be wary it's the most outdated part of the set. Any EVs in Special Defense, Speed, and HP are null and void, since many of DPP's popular walls aren't present in BW's OU metagame anymore. I'm sure they can be found, but any dedicated EV sets aren't a quarter as effective as they once were, and that applies to all EV sets based for 4th generation battling. So, I'll stop mentioning that now. I'm sure my point is exhausted by now. =P

For Sandstream:
    Substitute Ttar-Relaxed-Sand Stream-Leftovers
    Stats:Hp 345 atk 325 def 288 sp atk 226 sp def 250 spd 163
    Moves:Stone Edge(crunch??), Substitute, Focus Punch, Earthquake

Ttar i like with substitute, hes worked for me greatly so far, focus punch good for taking out his weakness to ground and stone edge cause of it being his signature move. Earthquake for his other weaknesses. These first 2 i dont really want to change.
    Fighting, ground, and rock are all redundant together in terms of coverage; mainly considering you're wrong about fighting hitting ground super effective. Fighting hits ROCK super effective, but so does Earthquake, so it's one or the other essentially. Not to mention Psychic types are dominant in this metagame, so not having Crunch and using a fighting move doesn't work on Tyranitar's strong points. There're a ton of better sub-punchers out there, like Breloom. TTar also isn't a good user of substitute, period. He's got too many weaknesses, as well as that 4x fighting weakness which is the worst weakness to have in the entire OU metagame for BW, so even walls can break his sub in one shot via hitting with super effective moves, or getting past his not-very-high defenses regardless. Substitute and Focus Punch just don't work well on TTar, disregarding the fact I said there're many other good Sub-punchers entirely.

Scizor-technician-naive-(not sure of item)
    Stats:Hp 273 atk 315 def 256 sp atk 166 sp def 159 spd 190
    Moves:X-Scissor(Sword dance), Bullet Punch, Roost, U-turn

I like scizor. Nough said. Lol well i just like him as a guythat might cover for any weaknesses.
    Need someone from White so why not the power ranger!
    Well, Scizor is Scizor, a great poke. Problem is, you've already got Metagross on the team, and that's doubling up your fire weakness. If you want to run Scizor, you need to be very wary of being weak to fire. If Tyranitar goes down against a sun-based team, Scizor is going to be roasted like a piece of bacon in the sahara desert
    sun.

On the moveset, however, don't use U-turn and Swords Dance on the same set. Don't use U-turn and X-scissor, either. Two bug moves in a bug-crushing metagame is a bad idea and a waste of at least one moveslot, and by using U-turn, you're losing a Swords Dance boost once you've used it. Basically, replace U-turn with Swords Dance, or replace X-scissor with something that is NOT Swords Dance, like Pursuit or Superpower (if you have Platinum for the Superpower move tutor).

Bisharp-inner focus-jolly(adamant)-item???
    Stats: dont really have yet but EV's 252 atk 252 spd 2 hp
    Moves:Night slash, maybe sucker punch, psycho cut,
    Im thinkin he'd be kind of a sweeper any suggestions?

I was thinkin maybe Rhyperior, or Ferrothorn as a wall but idk. Wat u guys think?
    Bisharp is relatively weak, and I highly doubt it'l succeed in OU. It's essentially Absol with Steel typing; more resistances, but more weaknesses. And almost, if not equally frail. Not to mention that's a second 4x Fighting weakness, and a third Fire weakness to deal with. Just don't use Bisharp, lol.

Rhyperior and Ferrothron are also increasing your weaknesses for many different types. Ferrothorn is meant to wall everything but fighting types, and here you are with a huge fighting type weakness for your entire team. Ferrothorn just doesn't support the team right, really.

And Rhyperior shares too many weaknesses with Tyranitar to be of any real benefit. Another fighting weakness, another water weakness (which is almost as dangerous as being weak to fighting, which it also is), 4x weak to grass types which might become common to help stop Rain Dance teams, and even weak to Ground, which has never been a good thing. Rhyperior is basically a physically defensive Tyranitar, but pathetically vulnerable to special moves. Using two of the same pokemon, either as identical roles or the same name, is rarely a good idea. Thus, I'm saying pass on all three of the last pokes; Ferrothorn, Bisharp, and Rhyperior.

And, one more tip. I've been running sandstorm teams since Generation 3, back when they weren't even a threat. I namely just loved Tyranitar. But come Generation 4, they were a more valid sort of team archetype. In Gen 5, they're as deadly as ever with pokemon like Landorus and especially Excadrill. But a successful Sandstorm team will NEVER run just Rock, Ground, and Steel types. The Sandstorm slowly whittling away a pokemon's health is a pain, but it won't destroy half your team alone. That, and pokemon like Reuniclus get around the damage anyways. Basically, don't limit yourself to Sandstorm-damage avoiding pokemon. It'l be your downfall from being weak to a plethora of the same type alone, leaving you open to a sweep from turn one in some cases.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    I've got 10 main Pokemon I use:

Haxorus
    Muscle Band
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Brick Break
    Dragon Claw

Serperior
    Quick Claw
    Dragon Tail (that's what the QC is for)
    Coil
    Leaf Blade
    Aerial Ace

Porygon-Z
    Silk Scarf
    Nasty Plot
    Shadow Ball
    Hyper Beam (freebie kill-one-Pokemon)
    Tri-Attack

Volcarona (obviously )
    Life Orb
    Psychic
    Quiver Dance
    Flamethrower
    Bug Buzz

Escavalier
    Rocky Helmet
    Megahorn
    Iron Head
    Iron Defense
    Protect

Blissey
    Leftovers
    Softboiled
    Calm Mind
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt

Galvantula
    Wise Glasses
    Thunderbolt
    Bug Buzz
    Energy Ball
    Volt Switch

Carracosta
    Mystic Water
    Shell Smash
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Surf (Hey, I gotta get across water somehow)

Zoroark
    Wise Glasses
    Flamethrower
    Focus Blast
    Night Daze
    U-Turn

Breloom
    Toxic Orb (Poison Heal ability)
    Seed Bomb
    Mach Punch
    Spore
    Focus Punch
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post
    Serperior
    Quick Claw
    Dragon Tail (that's what the QC is for)
    Coil
    Leaf Blade
    Aerial Ace
    Sorry to break it to ya, but Quick Claw doesn't increase move priority; it only lets you move first inside of your "speed bracket". So, unless your opponent is also using moves of the same priority (which are only Roar, Whirlwind, Circle Throw, and itself), Quick Claw does absolutely nothing for Dragon Tail, lol. If you don't have any idea what exactly move priority is, here's a quick but easy to understand read about it.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Priority

That bunch of pokes is a pretty good bunch for an interchangeable team for casual battles, definitely. You can do a lot worse than that, lol. But you might want to look into better items than ones like Silk Scarf (increases the power of whatever single type by a measly 1.2), and especially the Wise Glasses and Muscle Band (a 1.1 boost xD). Namely, more life orbs, or choice items to really give it a boost in power. If that's not your play style, of course, feel free to reject my advice. =) I've known plenty of successful battlers that don't use choice items at all. I personally love them, though. =P

And for Breloom, Focus Punch isn't really that good with Substitute. Since Focus Punch has nearly four times as much power as Mach, Substitute would be a great move for it. Substitute lets you see what your opponent might switch in after you Spore a pokemon, and gives you an extra turn of Poison Heal while you're damage free behind your shield. Substitute also gives you a 99% guaranteed hit with Focus Punch, which is just crazy powerful, as I'm sure ya know. And with two turns of Poison Heal (the turn you use substitute, and then the turn you lose your substitute) you're healing back all the HP you used to make a substitute, meaning you protected yourself perfectly AND let you use Breloom's most powerful fighting move, all at once.

Sub-punch Breloom is just notorious, lol. I can tell ya I've lost a 3v3 because of the ****ing terror it can be.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads