LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 244 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 214 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2433
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    thanks storm ope to read more once your finished

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    Ok, I need help deciding on something. I manged to get my hands on a Japanese event Hydreigon (long story). It's SHINY!
    It came knowing Hyper Voice, Dragonbreath, Flamethrower, and Focus Blast. Flamethrower and Focus Blast seemed fine as is, I swapped Dragonbreath for Dragon Pulse, but I can't decide what to swap Hyper Voice for. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Volcarona; 07-18-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv52490 View Post
    thanks for the advice yes i do have an older pokemon game i just wanted to see if it would be possible to make a decent team just from this generation never been to confident with steel types but ill see if i cant find one that i like i took notes on your advice and i will hopefully make changes accordingly and bring in pokemon from other generations to make a worth while team that can be used for what ever purposes may rise thanks again for your time
    T'was my pleasure, friend. And just to say, before you try and add any older generation pokemon, I'd say you should give it a shot. Nothing like experience will level you up (/self-induced pun groan) into a great battler.

Regardless, I'll be happy to help you out with team advice whenever. And so would Storm; unfortunately, he's just too Zetta Slow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Dammit CK you beat me to it lol. Funny how we have some of the same suggestions tho.... lol
    What's your pokemon team?-sonic_puts_on_his_troll_face__by_aceboy82.png

My skill is rubbin' off on ya, what can I say? :P

Your Brick Break suggestion for Krookodile pains me, though... Ground and Fighting have 99% redundant coverage together. Namely, it's use whichever STAB ya get, ignore the other. Didn't I say that during one of my reviews over your latest team, actually?

Oh, and Thick Fat/Superpower's always been illegal since Gen 5, bro. Things are determined illegal if you can't get it in-game, or if you can't get it in-game yet and you're playing under a more official ruleset. i.e. Soul Dew is currently illegal, but when it's released in the DW, it'l be up for use in ubers.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post
    Ok, I need help deciding on something. I manged to get my hands on a Japanese event Hydreigon (long story). It's SHINY! It camd knowing Hyper Voice, Dragonbreath, Flamethrower, and Focus Blast. Flamethrower and Focus Blast seemed fine as is, I swapped Dragonbreath for Dragon Pulse, but I can't decide what to swap Hyper Voice for. Any ideas?
    oshi--

I just got ninja'd right after I ninja'd Storm. lolirony

Actually, you should really kill Focus Blast, IMO. With Flamethrower, you're already hitting steals, and Hydreigon really shouldn't worry about enemy Dark types, Rock types (he learns Surf, which would be an awesome move for it, actually), or Normal types. So if you want to replace Focus Blast with Surf, I'd certainly recommend it. =) That, and it has 75% accuracy anyways. Lets me down all the time. =/ Last battle I had, one of my sweepers missed with it twice in a row, and I lost 'em from that. Still won with ease, but... shit. Annoying hax, man.

Anywho, for your actual suggestion, Dark Pulse. Dark is a great STAB, especially with all the powerful Psychics around these days. I personally wouldn't run Hydreigon without it, lol.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ugh.... Fml to you ninjas... lmao.

At least I got your stamp of approval, CK. lol. Also, as I pointed out, only reaso I was saying possibly Brick Break for Krook is on the off chance Blissey shows up. Regardless of their coverage, I hate that pink thing...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ugh.... Fml to you ninjas... lmao.

At least I got your stamp of approval, CK. lol. Also, as I pointed out, only reaso I was saying possibly Brick Break for Krook is on the off chance Blissey shows up. Regardless of their coverage, I hate that pink thing...
    After me bludgeoning your team ruthlessly with my advice? Of course it'd get my stamp of approval. xD Not that it means shit anyways. I'm still a n00b at Gen 5's metagames. I've plenty to learn.

A super-effective Brick Break has the same BP STAB EQ does, Storm... =P Not to mention Blissey ain't switching into a Krookodile anyways, and nor would it stay it. Moxie/Set-up bait, or simply threatened to be pummeled into a pile of pink blubber.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1512-1772-5792-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post

Anywho, for your actual suggestion, Dark Pulse. Dark is a great STAB, especially with all the powerful Psychics around these days. I personally wouldn't run Hydreigon without it, lol.
    Well, the problem is is that with Dark Pulse, you've gotta breed it onto Hydreigon. And that would mean taking away the awesome shiny-ness. That or cheating, which I despise... You think I could get away with using Crunch? I know it wouldn't be as powerful, but...
    ===============

Oh god I came back after a couple years for kicks and I have no idea what's going on now.

wut do halp plz

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post
    Well, the problem is is that with Dark Pulse, you've gotta breed it onto Hydreigon. And that would mean taking away the awesome shiny-ness. That or cheating, which I despise... You think I could get away with using Crunch? I know it wouldn't be as powerful, but...
    Oh, ****... right. Well, that's a damn shame... Dark Pulse isn't used for the typing, it's used for hitting hard off of STAB and it's high Sp. Attack, so nah. Crunch is definitely a no go. It's retarded it doesn't get Shadow Ball either, but what can ya do... I'd say throw Surf over Hyper Voice, then. Focus Blast is better than nothing. 'Least you could do a tiny bit more damage to Blissey, so if it was near-death/got hit by the Sp. Def drop, you might be able to just barely KO it.

Although, if you wanted to drop Focus Blast for Draco Meteor, it'd totally be worth it IMO. If you want to do massive damage if your Hydreigon isn't ready to sweep the entire team via Dragon Pulse, Draco Meteor does only 30 Base Power less than a super effective Focus Blast, and gets a 15% boost in accuracy to boot. Remember what I said about Focus Blast letting me down recently? Draco Meteor has only truly let me down horribly once since the beginning of Gen 4, which is saying somethin', yeah?

On that note, my Specs 'Mence missed Draco Meteor twice in a row during that incident, which of course, got it killed. =/ Anyone that happens to is just-plain ****ing unlucky. =/ That's realistic with Focus Blast, but with Draco Meteor? Bullshit, I say. BULLSHIT!

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ^^^
    CK, your mence prolly felt bad for your opponent so it sacrificed itself to give your opponent a chance. lmao

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    ^^^
    CK, your mence prolly felt bad for your opponent so it sacrificed itself to give your opponent a chance. lmao
    Just like those two Focus Blasts... =/ I'm a merciless aggrofaggot (aggrofaggot... I've gotta remember that one, lol), but hax just loves to toy with that.

BUT KNOW THIS! Hax does not so much as give my foe a chance, 'less it lets them outright win. Until I start missing five Air Slashes in a row, my wrath shall not be stayed.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads