LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 244 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2439
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcarona View Post
    I figured out what the 4th move will be on my Hydreigon: Charge Beam. I know, sounds like a stupid choice, but I think it has its advantages. It gives Hydreigon more coverage, and also hands me a handy-dandy little Sp. Atk boost every time I use it. It's also a great finishing move, basically like a Sp. Atk version of Moxie when I use it to finish off someone.
    You get no useful coverage with Charge Beam, lol. Super effective is 100 BP, and since Dragon Pulse hits much harder than that, ... yeah. Earth power kills Empoleon better than Charge Beam too. Charge Beam only works 70% of the time, with 90% accuracy. Unless you're using a Timid Hydreigon, I really don't recommend it. It's only use is the CHANCE of a Sp. Atk boost, and even then, Timid Hydreigon isn't really a speed demon.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    NINJA'D ARGH!

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    aggrofaggot attack team (erh-hem, CK, lol)

Good review Storm, but I need to correct YOU on Sheer Force; KOP's got the right idea. Fire Fang and Rock Slide are boosted via Sheer Force, and negate Life Orb damage because of how strange Sheer Force works. So yeah, he's bludgeoning as hard as he can, just as you said Druddigon should. =P

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    ^^^ Really? Damn.... ugh.... Its just confusing... Still, do you think he should go with that or with the Mold Breaker version I gave?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    ^^^ Really? Damn.... ugh.... Its just confusing... Still, do you think he should go with that or with the Mold Breaker version I gave?
    Sheer Force, bro. xD Since there's no EQ on the set (although, with Sheer Force, there's no need since Fire Fang replaces it), Mold Breaker isn't very useful. It'd only help for canceling Prankster if it can stop that, so that Sucker Punch won't fail from said Prankster, and to stop Flash Fire from taking Fire Fang. Not very useful when LO damage is negated, and good moves get boosted.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Bleh.... Damned technicalities of abilities.... Ugh.... lol

Ur own personal Homeslice HomieG's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Hey i was thinking i need a physical sweeper on my team so i was thinking instead of latios maybe Salamence, or Dragonite any thoughts?
    Last edited by Splash_King; 07-28-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Merged the posts for ya, bro.

Eh, I don't see why you'd need to change Latios. It's faster than the other two, and hits harder for most pokemon in the metagame (most pokemon that take his attacks neutral are physically inclined). If you want a Bulky Stat Up sweeper, you certainly could add Dragonite to replace Latios; but beware. In my opinion, in terms of going all-out and doubling as a clean up late-game sweeper, Latios trumps every other dragon in OU (of course, Hydreigon against Latios' usefulness is debatable) in this regard. If you do use Multiscale Dragonite for some DD sweeping, you'll want to keep him from getting involved until the time you're 100% going to stat up and sweep. Otherwise, multiscale fails him, and he'll be inferior to Latios in every way once this occurs. Latios can be thrown into the game whenever you want, but Dragonite can't. Limiting your options from turn one is always a bad thing, really.

But if you want to go the middle way, Salamence does have Intimidate, which means you can abuse his high attack power and ability to use him, so long as you do use him very carefully, from mid-to-late game until you want to DD up. Problem is, he's not specially bulky like Dragonite is (and we're not even counting Multiscale yet, lol), and intimidate is of course, cancelled by a switch. He'll get worn down fast, especially by 'rocks.

Speaking of rocks, if they're up, Multiscale does absolutely nothing, so Salamence becomes a better sweeper in regards to being more sweeper-oriented stat wise, and having a functioning ability beyond a now useless Multiscale. Even better, if you give it Moxie instead of Outrage (outrage in Gen 4 tutor only, so it's illegal), Salamence is a much scarier threat power-wise instead of Dragonite's ability to get up 2 or maybe even more Dragon Dances practically guaranteed if you keep it at full health, so long as Ice isn't a threat left for him to combat. In short, Dragonite's reliable bulk versus Salamence's easily bolstered-to-frightening-levels Attack.

Either way, for both pokes, eliminate threats and priority users, and power through teams with absolute ease. And again, beware of Rocks. Since this team doesn't have a spinner, that's a serious problem for either of these DD sweepers. (Bronzong is easily replaced by Foretress, but then you're losing screens... it's a trade off just to support a new team member I don't feel is necesarry. So... yeah). Since you don't have a stat-up sweeper, it could be worth it. Balanced teams typically do make use of at least one. It's debatable whether it'd be a good idea or not, though... Even I'm not sure.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Ight bros check this shit out

SUNNY DAY TEAM

So I don't really use Dream World because the WiFi at my house works in a way which doesn't allow my DS to access online play, so this team is for local battles in my circle of real life friends.

We take Pokemon battles pretty seriously.

Anyway, one of those friends gave me a Timid Drought Vulpix as a gift, so I decided to make a Sunny Day team with it, and it's been working pretty well so far! Check it out/evaluate if you will:

-At a Glance-

Yeah, I know this is pretty standard fare, but... hey. It sure is fun. :) Now let's take a deeper look:

Ninetales: Weather Lead

Timid/Drought/Life Orb
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Flamethrower
    SolarBeam
    Nasty Plot
    Psyshock

This is a pretty... typical Ninetales, I guess. A lot of people stress Energy Ball over SolarBeam, but that hasn't been a huge problem for me. I'm also a stickler for accuracy, so I chose Flamethower over Fire Blast. Psyshock is there to hit Special Walls, while Nasty Plot is there if I get the chance to use it. To be honest, I only really use this Ninetales to get the sun going-- beyond that, its utility has proven to be rather limited.

Arcanine: Physical Sweeper

Adamant/Intimidate/Air Balloon
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Close Combat
    Morning Sun

Fun stuff, right? Also fairly standard fare. I chose Wild Charge over Extremespeed because of the added coverage against Water types. Given the fact that he'll be most active in the sun, though, I might put Extremespeed back on there. Thoughts on this? (By the way, Flare Blitz + Sun = <3)

Skarmory: Physical Wall

Impish/Sturdy/Leftovers
    Roost
    Brave Bird
    Whirlwind
    Spikes

You've seen this millions of times. While this may not be the most original set out there, it serves its purpose pretty well. Namely, to set up Spikes to break the Focus Sash I've seen on those damn Cloysters.

Porygon2: All-Purpose Wall

Bold/Download/Eviolite
    252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave
    Recover

An average Porygon2 to fill an average niche, but with one deviation: Download. If I can get the Special Attack raise, this thing is an absolute beast, becoming a tank with the power to take practically anything and hit back with enough power to 2HKO things that are neutral to it. I love this thing!

Shiftry: Sun Sweeper

Modest/Chlorophyll/Focus Sash
    252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Dark Pulse
    Nasty Plot
    Extrasensory
    Giga Drain

Switch in. Nasty Plot. Survive with Focus Sash. Commence Sweep. Recover HP with Giga Drain. Nasty Plot. Survive with Focus Sash. Rinse and Repeat.

Volcarona: Sun Wall

Bold/Flame Body/Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    Fiery Dance
    Morning Sun
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz

This totally works so well. I'm not even kidding. It can take a hit like a pro and heal it off with Morning Sun and Leftovers, then respond by buffing up with Quiver Dance. This thing has become quite the force, and it's probably the best on the team.

----

So that's it! Comments/Criticism would be nice.

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    I need to get into the 5th gen metagame...
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends