LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 170 of 244 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 168 169 170 171 172 180 220 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 2437
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    lol thanks bud.

And actually, that Altaria would behoove this team really... Its a great all wall with that Cotton Cpore, and it provides resistance to my water weakness, with an immunity to my ground weakness, so either Altaria should stay, or im thinkin possibly an Intimidate Gyarados Wall, then just gotta get another lead... lol

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Alright analyzers in training, it's been ages since I've posted a team. So, here ya go, have a blast. Give your comments no matter how trivial or critical, your opinions good or bad, and of course a full review if you have the time. =)

Focusing too hard: Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Adamant
    Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP, 252 Atk, 244 Spe

Spore
    Substitute
    Focus Punch
    Seed Bomb

Yeah, the SubPunch bit. I've been owned by the SubSeeding variety one too many times (just once -_-+), and since that's stall bullshit, I'm using the offensive one. The 12 HP EVs allow maximum Poison Heal percentage, speed and attack to hammer things. Spore is a dick, Seed Bomb for non-flinching STAB to fall back on, Substitute for scouting and obviously to abuse Focus Punch. Ferrothorn can kiss my ass, some grass types can actually throw a (focus) punch.

And yes, this Breloom is indeed female.

THAT AIN'T 'MENCE!: Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Levitate
    EVs: 252 Sp.A, 252 Spe, 6 Def

Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Surf

I was always lovin' me some 'Mence in Gen 4. But now I've got something faster, with a more accurate movepool and an actually usable STAB. Speaking of STAB, it may not have the neutral coverage of Dragon Pulse, but it's still reliable. Late game should allow at least one non-Draco meteor move to sweep. And since I'll be switching plenty with Specs, Draco Meteor is there to put nasty dents in everything that dares to take it. I'd use this over Latios for this team in specific only for that Dark typing; and Flamethrower, of course.

What's your pokemon team?-magikarp_pngc9e52a5d-bb1e-4ef5-8320.jpg

A weaker splash: Gyarados @ Cell Battery
    Jolly
    Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 Def

Moveset:

Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Earthquake

I've been using offensive Gyara since '06, and nothing much has changed; except it now has Moxie. While it now has less chances to switch in, it's a veritable death machine that gains nigh-unstoppable momentum once it takes your fodder, or outright KOs something. The Cell Battery is a Wacan Berry on sinister steroids; immunity to a single Electric attack, which is 200% better than halving damage, and even a +1 to attack. This could very well get me an extra Dragon Dance as something switches out, and what switches in fails to even scathe this monster. Gyara has gotten scarier every generation, literally. With the two most new important toys it's gained both on this set, it's somethin' threatening.

Panzerkampfwagen, anyone?: Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Spe

Moveset:

Bullet Punch
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Zen Headbutt

This thing hits like a tank (see above). I've been using it since Gen 3, and it's always been a Steel-type monstrosity. A wall, a sweeper, or something to just throw out raw damage like this set, it's dangerous. It's by no means the best Pseudo-legendary IMO, but still a definite threat.

Now, before I get "what, no elemental punch? WTF?" and "not even trick either? N00B!" thrown at me, EQ and STAB are, of course, almost necessary. It's bulk, raw attack power, and band means Bullet Punch will be doing massive damage and bypassing it's piss-poor speed as well, so it can revenge kill and combat deadly threats that could outspeed and OHKO it. So, that leaves one slot.

As you'll see later on, I have nothing on my team that directly combats Fighting types not locked into a fighting move; Metagross takes it neutral with it's massive Defense and good HP, so why not give him his earth-shattering psychic STAB in the form of Zen Headbutt? To take out fighting types is the only reason Zen Headbutt is on there; if this were Gen 4, it would be Ice or Thunder Punch. But, it's not.

Shadow tag is broken: Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Modest
    Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp.A, 252 Spe, 6 Def

Moveset:

Flamethrower
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Ball
    Overheat

If Metagross hits like a tank, this thing's a howitzer; if it had a pair o' Choice Specs, anyways. Regardless, a unique STAB combination, plentiful resistances and immunities, the aforementioned obliterating Special Attack, mix it all together and add in more than enough speed to kill the usual counters and revenge kill with ease, thing is one poke all teams should be prepared for. This thing is the definition of dangerous. Something that plucks the souls from the living, leaving behind empty husks of a being should be, no? Eat your heart out, Gengar. ;D

Trololololololol.~♪: Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Brave
    Guts
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def

Moveset:

Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Payback

A late-game sweeper if necessary, more stopping power added to the team, a sort of status absorber, and another shot of nasty-strong priority. Add in the fact it can double as a really hard hitting tank, and this thing troll is just-plain useful. Lefties, that huge HP, as well as the damage Drain Punch can cause with it's boost in Base Power this gen makes this beast have incredibly staying power. Payback also gives it perfect neutral coverage, or close enough to it; I don't remember if any pokes resisting the combination came out this Gen. >_>;

Yep, that's the team. Bulkier and a tiny bit slower than my usual teams, not as great type coverage offensively and defensively, and a few new pokes and strategies for me. Honestly though, I don't plan on ever giving it much of a shot. It's relegated to the B-list of my team efforts; UNLESS, that is, y'all think you can improve this good team, and make it even ebtter. I expect great things from ya, my students.

/poke-superiority complex
    Last edited by Splash_King; 08-14-2011 at 04:40 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ur own personal Homeslice HomieG's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    its hard to rate this team, it was put together very well. if this is your B team, your A teams must really be awesome. the only thing i think might be good for this team is maybe squeeze a poke that can set up entry hazards as it would help this team tear apart teams more easily. i find it interesting how you put leftovers on conkledurr. why not give him flame orb so his ability guts gets activated?? unless are you worried about a sandstorm team?

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by HomieG View Post
    if this is your B team, your A teams must really be awesome.
    /egotrip

the only thing i think might be good for this team is maybe squeeze a poke that can set up entry hazards as it would help this team tear apart teams more easily. i find it interesting how you put leftovers on conkledurr. why not give him flame orb so his ability guts gets activated?? unless are you worried about a sandstorm team?
    Indeed, hazards always help a team offensive, and/or with many choiced pokes. I'd probably change Metagross into a bulky 'Rocks supporter, or change Breloom into a hazard poke. But, I decided not to since literally every team I make has an entry hazard(s), lol. So I'm intentionally handicapping myself a tiny bit with this team; B-team indeed.

Since I have Bulk Up, I don't need Guts in order to boost Conkeldurr's attack; not to mention he's very bulky, moreso with a defense boost and lefties. A burn would cut his longevity obviously, so while a massive +2 attack Mach Punch is some scary shit from the troll, I wanted him to be a bulky hard-hitter, rather than sacrifice that bulk to hit even harder. Those defense boosts do make him a physical wall, after all. Good thought, though. Mach Punch might not get a Technician boost or have high BP like Extremespeed, but I can see +2 Mach Punch after a single turn of set-up ripping through teams, once their physical wall/fighting stopper is KO'd. Conkeldurr ain't no lightweight, lol.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Forgive me for being meticulous, but having Conkeldurr use a Flame Orb to cause a burn is self diminishing. It activates Guts, but Conkeldurr's attack still gets halved by the burn. It just handicapps the Troll. Toxic Orb is better for that.

Had to put in my two cents

What's your pokemon team?-2-cven.jpg

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Forgive me for being meticulous, but having Conkeldurr use a Flame Orb to cause a burn is self diminishing. It activates Guts, but Conkeldurr's attack still gets halved by the burn. It just handicapps the Troll. Toxic Orb is better for that.

Had to put in my two cents

Attachment 8802
    Your two cents is worth even less than said currency. -_- Inexcusable, Storm. INEXCUSABLE!

Guts negates the drop Burn causes and still gives the boost. Come on now, not knowing Mold Breaker's details is acceptable, noone knows the details of every ability. But Guts, bro?

Not to mention a Conkeldurr will take more damage from Toxic poison's increasing damage than a Burn's static damage if it intends to Bulk Up and stay in. For shame, Storm... For shame. T_T

But now you learned something, and knowing is half the pokebattle!

Last edited by Splash_King; 08-22-2011 at 01:51 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/guts.shtml

Ugh... [/facepalm] Read it wrong. I checked the above site to make sure before i posted, but i read it wrong. Damned two cents.... Fml...

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    well i think ill post a UU team:

i decided to give it pizaz like urs CK

Dancing with Lilligant @ Leftovers
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    252 SpAtk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
    ~ Quiver Dance
    ~ HP Fire
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Sleep Powder

if i see something i can set up on like another grass type like Tangrowth for instance i switch in use dance and begin my sweep but usually i dont until all my opponents fire weaknesses or threats are gone. and HP fire is there for other grass types and steel types so they dont wall me. Sleep powder can be useful especially if they switch into something that can do real damage to my team

What's your pokemon team?-emery_empoleon_colored_by_suirano.jpg
    Killin wit the Pengooin @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Modest
    4 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    ~ Stealth Rocks
    ~ Scald
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Grass Knot

Stealth rocks for when i switch into something and know they are gonna switch out yay free turns lol. rest are nice coverage plus its a great poke to take out lilligants threats. at first glance can u tell what color her eyes are????

The Phoenix! @ Life Orb
    ~ Heat Wave
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Agility
    ~ Roost

Roost to recover off of stealth rock damage, or attack depending on whats out. agility to make em faster to out speed and scarfers. and heat wave and air slash for stab.
    3 special attackers f*ck yea and a nice fire/water/grass setup

Pink Demon!!! @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Modest
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Flamethrower
    ~ Icebeam
    ~ Toxic Spikes

Why not be an A$$hole and set up toxic spikes and stealth rocks??? Nidokings move pool makes him a good anti-lead and not to mention sheerforce ability with life orb=sh*t tons of damage if super effective.

4 special attack holy f*ck!

Da King @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Sniper
    Nature: Jolly
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Outrage
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Substitute

Only one weakness(dragon) da king is beasty if i get a few ddances off with lum berry enabling me to recover from my confusion at the end of and outrage makes it even better. waterfall for those stab attack and substitute on a switch then do as many ddance as possible then outrage.

yay a physical attacker

Being a Total Bi+ch @ Light Clay
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Bold
    252 Hp / 108 Def / 148 SpDef
    ~ Reflect
    ~ LightScreen
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Lunar Dance

I might consider changing Lilligant to Tangrowth, and maybe changing Cresselia moves to something that damages more or do like a rest sleep talk type thing. idk what do you guys think?

i randomly found this, this pic is for u CK:
    Last edited by HomieG; 08-24-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    UU, huh... Nope, can't touch this one. I do have a bit of general advice, though;

What's Empoleon hitting with Grass Knot, exactly? I know how great Water/Ice/Grass coverage is (I have plenty of experience with Manaphy sweeps :P), but is Grass Knot really needed for specific threats?

Flamethrower over Heat Wave on Moltres. You'll regret it otherwise when that 5% miss serves you an extra large dish of fail, and Moltres' many weaknesses gets it killed on the same turn. This isn't doubles, after all. >_>

Since I'm sure you'll abuse the resistances of your fire/grass/water core as well as Kingdra's countless resists, I see why your Cresselia has Lunar Dance. Just be careful with it, eh? Don't wanna lose that epic screener 'till you intend to sweep.

Also, in terms of team typing, your core says enough, lol. For the actual statistics, you have multiple resists to quite a few types; but what I'd personally worry about are the single Normal resist, and the single Ice resist. Hail teams will happily hail on your parade (/pun), and since your stat-up sweepers don't have an Ice resist, their stall will be VERY hard to break. The worst part is not all Water/Ice pokes are hit hard by Grass Knot, so if Lilligant is your only hope, hail will put you in a nasty situation.

And as for the single normal resist; if Slaking ever shows up, you'll get holes punched into your team, simply said. Slaking generally run EQ, so Empoleon can be predicted and absolutely destroyed on the switch. So yeah, be wary of this double-edged beast.

i randomly found this, this pic is for u CK:
    The entire .gif is better... >_> Good effort, though.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    This was my first attempt at a UU team so yea Grass knot is for those heavy ground and water types milotic for example

the picture was just for laughs but whatever

i am rebuilding this team

Edit:

replacing Moltres
    Rotom-H @ choice scarf
    Nature: Timid
    ~ Trick
    ~ Volt Switch
    ~ Overheat
    ~ Shadow Ball

replacing Lilligant
    Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Regenerator
    Nature: Relaxed
    252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
    ~ Sleep Powder
    ~ Giga Drain
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Leech Seed

replacing Kingdra
    Flygon @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly
    4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~ Outrage
    ~ U-turn
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Earthquake

replacing nidoking
    Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Calm
    252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Scald
    ~ Roar
    ~ Icebeam

and idk but i might replace cresselia cause if it gets tricked or toxic'ed then its srewed. i am thinking about possibly Escavalier to add to my resistances and it still has beastly defences! and also can attack.
    Last edited by HomieG; 08-25-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads