LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 244 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2435
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Completely forgot to rate J's team... Again. Christ alive. ;_;

NOT FORGETTING THIS TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I have experience! Just not as much as CK....
    Jokes on you, since I have no experience besides metagaming! xD

Nick's experience: 0 To next level up: 9,001

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Sorry for the delay, bro. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Taunt

Sturdy is actually useful now yay. What are those 24 Spd EVs for outrunning? I'm very unfamiliar with Skarm, 'cause, y'know... It ain't hyper-offensive material. >_>;

You'll really want an offensive move, though. Not much is slower than a 24 Spd Skarmory that would hate a Taunt, so you'll want Brave Bird instead (drill peck is 60 Base Power weaker; you need that extra BP to do damage off of Skarm's piss-poor uninvested Atk).

Also, since quite a few physical threats in OU are fighting types, Skarm isn't in the best position in the OU metagame. Roost means it'l get mauled horribly by CCs, and unless an uninvested Brave Bird OHKOs, things like Terrakion and Bulk Up Conkeldurr are going to ruin it. I'm not saying Skarm is worthless, it really isn't, but this is without a doubt the least useful it's been for the four generations it's existed.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Sacred Sword

As has been said already, dual-STAB on Terrakion is not useful. Sacred Sword is hardly useful of a move anyway, since boosting one's defenses is almost unheard of; and what few threats might actually do it probably aren't hurt badly by Terrakion anyway... Problem is, what the **** else can be put in the moveslot? ._.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Moonlight
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic

Now that fighting types are trolling EVERYWHERE, Cresselia knows how to take a STAB Swords Danced CC like no other. The only problem, is that weather is WAY more common in Gen 5, so Moonlight's already situational usage is even worse than last gen.

Since all this thing does is try to toxi-stall, I'd imagine you want this to stop fighting types and other non-boosted threats like scarfers. Problem is, most fighting types (if not all) can still muscle through Cresselia with a non-STAB move. It hits laughably weak too, so that Ice Beam isn't going to kill any Multi-scale Dragonite or Latios'. Psychic won't be OHKOing fighting types either, meaning Cresselia won't want to switch in to take those big hits. Cresselia is a wall meant for lower tiers; which is to say, you really want this off your team IMO. You've already got a Psychic type in Latios anyways, so you won't be forsaking a hard-stop to fighting types via resist.

Gyarados (M) @ Cell Battery
    Trait: Moxie
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Substitute

Let me guess; you want Cell Battery to activate through your sub, right? I'm not entirely sure it works that way... And even if it does, your moveset needs changing. Moxie and Cell Battery are a bit unnecessary together on a DD set; yes, I said that power is amazing during Nick's review, but I was also accounting Cell Batteries' absorb effect I believed existed. Without intimidate, Subs are much more easy to break; just as Storm said. Lowering damage in any way also helps you make more subs. Speaking of making more subs, you don't have a bulky Gyara or lefties; Substitute needs to go. And if sub goes, so does the Cell Battery unfortunately.

You don't need to change your set much, though. Just swap Substitute for Ice Fang/Stone Edge (trust me, you want Ice Fang. With Latios knocked out, you aren't stopping any Dragons) and get a Life Orb. Then your offensive DD set is ready to go.

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Psyshock

Life Orb > Expert Belt since you're using Dragon Pulse. I know from experience that even with a Soul Dew D-Pulsing everything gets pretty much no OHKOs, and throwing it out vanilla without a Modest nature (Timid is better for anything not scarf'd anyway) does laughable damage. Speaking of which, since Terrakion could easily mop the floor with a team late-game by muscling through with Banded Close Combat and that blistering speed, Draco Meteor would be much better for this set, regardless of the item. Latios may get Pursuit'd off early game and isn't physically bulky at all to begin with, so I'd say it's better to let it smash things early on rather than have a third late-game sweeper. But D-pulse or Draco Meteor, Latios is still a great Poke. Draco is just my personal recommendation; and I would go as far to say Draco is necessary if you keep your Expert Belt.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Unnerve(?)
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Aqua Tail

Fixed to Atk EVs. :P

Mixed attacker EVs, but without the special attacks... lolwut? This moveset ain't ideal to say the least. Low Atk investment and lefties means you ain't doing much damage to anything, and are just setting up rocks. Without Sandstream, Latios, Reuniclus, etc. lol heartily at your Pursuit attempts as well since they can just destroy you with their nasty SpA. Which brings me to two points; you need new EVs or a new moveset for this TTar, and you need to decide whether or not you'll use it at all.

As I mentioned Cresselia is poor for OU, there's no real reason to not use Sandstream as your ability. TTar needs it to take special attacks, and can't run a specially defensive set without it. If for some ungodly reason you keep Cresselia, you need to replace TTar. So yeah, that's an ultimatum you need to decide. Cresselia, or TTar? And if you keep TTar, make sure ya replace it's set with somethin' more specific and better.

Or you can tell me the reasoning you used to come up with the moveset and the EVs, since I don't quite see it. >_>; So if this isn't just random shit, do explain, 'cause I don't want to just brush off any ideas ya've got.

Just slapped this together. What should be done to it?
    General team review will consist of the Pokes without Cresselia.

The typing of your team is relatively good, but you're lacking ANY Ice resists... That is a huge problem. You aren't going to see any hail teams to often, but Ice Beams are being thrown everywhere, and plenty of anti-dragon pokes will be throwing HP Ice and other various moves too. You probably won't need to be worried 'bout STAB and boosted Ice move, but you could really use an Ice resist to lessen incoming Ice moves aimed at Latios. A random Mamoswine would love to throw Banded shards/fangs at your team. So yeah, one Ice resist would be nice.

Your fighting weakness is covered even without Cresselia, but be warned; an enemy Terrakion you can't stop may just CC it's way through your team. Gyara lacks intimidate and Latios is not bulky at all, so that could very well happen, especially if they get 'Rocks up. You need a wall that can stop boosting fighting types, which is why I was a tad skeptical 'bout Skarmory. Another fighting resist/immunity which is a bulky Pokemon would be a great anchor to the team. A Ghost type would fit nicely, since Dark and Ghost attacks aren't horribly common as is, and you have them covered anywho. Not to mention your Ghost might be able to block the occasional rapid spin; and teams that do rapid spin tend to be weak to both of the hazards you want up, which could easily be the difference between a win and a lose. Of course, only defensive Ghosts can spin block since spinners will carry a hard-hitting move(s) so ghosts that sweep don't ruin their day, so it's up to you if you want more sweeping power or a bulkier team with your Ghost of choice.

As for synergy, I'm not seeing an incredible amount of it aside from type cores. But what synergy is there is very important. Your hazards let Latios, Gyara, and Terrakion finish up the opponent after one or two of them tore some nasty holes open in their defenses. You only have one stat-up sweeper, but are more than capable of pulling a sweep out of your hat since your offenses aren't lacking.

And while you aren't running a full offensive team, your entry hazards make up for it quite well, meaning you have deadly sweeping potential without sacrificing defensive bulk.

However, you do have a single somewhat prominent weakness: your team is not slow what with Gyara (after a DD), Latios, and Terrakion, but it lacks at least one Pokemon with dangerous speed. The Pokemon in the last slot needs to have a Scarf/very high speed to alleviate this deficit, or very bulky so that incredibly fast Pokemon aren't such a threat. I'd aim for the later in all honesty, since having 5 attackers and 1 odd defender is the middle ground between a balanced team and hyper offense team; and in this case, the middle ground is not good. A 4-2 ratio is the definitive of a balanced team, and I'd think this team would do quite well as being balanced.

But yeah, patch up this "weakness" with your last Pokemon without opening up any others, and you've got a great team I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    my point is moot it depends what CK thinks.
    That ain't true at all, Storm. D: It's obvious you aren't familiar with the 5th gen metagame, but you're still a dangerously good battler. Raw skill coming from a different standpoint; your gen 4 mindset; certainly brings good info to the table. Any review is helpful to a team's development, so long as there are other reviews to contrast and compare with. I better'd my own review by reading yours first, in fact.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Completely forgot to rate J's team... Again. Christ alive. ;_;

NOT FORGETTING THIS TIME!

Jokes on you, since I have no experience besides metagaming! xD

Nick's experience: 0 To next level up: 9,001
    I know more about the lower tiers than you. >:l

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Pfft, lower tiers don't count. ¬_¬
    RockerJ likes this.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Pfft, lower tiers don't count. ¬_¬
    Yes they do. Low tiers FTW. ^_^

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Low tiers are for n00bs and idiots who can't handle REAL Pokemon.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Low tiers are for n00bs and idiots who can't handle REAL Pokemon.
    Using low tier Pokemon in OU takes more balls than just spamming OU Pokemon, and comparing people that play UU, RU, and NU with noobs is insulting. A noob is some kid who spams random Pokemon with poor EVs, no items, and crappy moves.

Low tiers ≠ noob territory.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I keed Nick, I keed! If you don't recall all my respect for lower tier players, then... yeah. Remember it. :P

So how 'bout you give J a team review now, ya hot shot low tier player? ;D

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Oh, good. xD

I did give some advice, but I guess I can review his entire team.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Roost
    - Whirlwind
    - Taunt

I would replace Taunt with Toxic, as you already have Whirlwind to rid of Stat boosters. Everything else seems good, entry hazards work great with Whirlwind.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - Sacred Sword

Replace Sacred Sword with something else. Just a thought, but would Bulldoze work? If you don't know what the opponent will switch to, Bulldoze will cripple any speedy Pokemon they switch in and do damage. And if you predict a Flying type, simply use Stone Edge. Might work, might not.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Moonlight
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam
    - Toxic

Thunder Wave is a good move that will severely cripple any sweeper. Might wanna consider replacing Psychic or Ice Beam for it. I would keep Toxic, tho; with both status moves, Cresselia can cripple both offensive and defensive Pokemon.

Gyarados (M) @ Cell Battery
    Trait: Moxie
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Substitute

As I said before, lose Cell Battery since it doesn't protect against Electric-moves. I would go for Leftovers instead. I like the idea of using a Sub to protect against attacks, especially electric ones.

Another idea I've been thinking about is a Scarf Gyrados. With Moxie, and higher speed, it may be able to get a surprise kill in, boost its attack, and wreck havoc.

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Psyshock

I like it. Packs a lot of power.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Unnerve(?)
    EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit
    - Aqua Tail

I think Stone Edge might work better than Crunch, especially since you already have Pursuit as a Dark-attack.
    I hope that's decent...
    Splash_King likes this.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Ads