LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 244 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2439
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Sand Rush should be banned, not Excadrill... ;_; Blaziken agrees with me. =/

So then, let me formally welcome you to the competitive side of Wiichat's 'mon forum, MR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Ok here it goes:
    This was quickly put together
    Oh and if it were Ubers I would add a Garchomp and an Exadrill

Tyranitar

Adamant
    Choice Band
    Sand Stream
    180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Outrage

Good ol' CBTTar; er, BandTTar. Do tell what those 76 Spe EVs are for, though. Forgive me, as I forget my magic speed numbers. :P

Outrage is really worthless though, you're better off running Pursuit. The Lat@s, and other various psychics 'n ghosts won't appreciate it, which is a good thing for your Terrakion and your team as a whole, really. Earthquake also offers rather unnecessary coverage too, and you never know when an Air Balloon lead would **** you over, so Aqua Tail is a much better alternative. Not to mention it's a lot better to be locked into Water than it is to be locked into a Ground move. Tyranitar pretty much never run EQ these days for that reason; it's become a less common move each generaiton lol.

Ferrothorn
    Impish
    Iron Barbs
    Rocky Helmet
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    -Leech Seed
    -Spikes
    -Power Whip
    -Stealth Rocks

Barbs/Helmet Ferro blaaaaaaah.

I would recommend Gyro Ball over Leech Seed, but that's just my personal preference. I've never been one for mono-attacking anything, be it sweeper or wall. Leech Seed is fine (read: annoying) too.

Scizor
    Adamant
    Technician
    Life Orb
    252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SpD
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost

Good ol' SDScizor; though, this one is one of those bloody Specially bulky ones... Meh. Certainly works though. I would personally run the offensive set because you have ridiculous passive damage racking up every switch, but again, that's just my own personal preference.

Nidoking
    Modest
    Sheer Force
    Life Orb
    4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Thunder Bolt
    -Ice Beam

You're lucky Nidoking is useful this gen. :P I'd really recommend Sludge Wave over Fire Blast, though. SW gets STAB, perfect accuracy, good neutral coverage for throwing it around randomly, and still hits non-poison Grass types super effectively. Fire Blast doesn't get any sort of useful coverage when you already have (STAB) Earth Power anywho; unless you want it to kill Ferrothorn of course, who Terrakion and Landorus already manhandle.

Might also be worth reconsidering to grab a Timid nature, since Nidoking isn't exactly bulky, and is pretty low on speed without it. 'Course, if you're not worried 'bout +Spe Heatran and attempting speed ties with opposing Nidoking, Modest is perfectly good too.

Terrakion
    Adamant
    Justified
    Air Balloon
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    -Sacred Sword
    -Stone Edge
    -Close Combat
    -Rock Polish

Terrakion is already pretty fast... Unboosted Adamant CC is pretty powerful as is, but I think it's a great late-game sweeper WITHOUT Rock Polish.

... Not that it has any moves notably better than Rock Polish...

As I told another team builder recently, Sacred Sword is garbage. I know you want to utterly murder those Eviolite Chansey's even more, but slap on X-scissor for the random coverage instead. Those Reuniclus won't know what hit 'em!

And yes, I'm very anti-sacred sword. There're very few situation one wouldn't want that extra 45 BP; especially when you're using an unboosted Terrakion set; and if there are, it's my opinion that you're probably playing Terrakion wrong. Take my opinion as you will, of course, but I really recommend X-scissor over Sacred Sword, and if not that, Rock Polish.

Landorus
    Jolly
    Sand Force
    Choice Scarf
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Earthquake
    -U-Turn
    -Hammer Arm
    -Rock Slide

Good ol' Scarf Landorus. Real nasty thing. Too bad your Bander isn't Scizor so you can U-turn around with your entry hazards all day, and then when they get your stupid game, switch to Ferro to really piss 'em off.

I loves me some sandstorm team, been usin' said weather teams since the beginning of Gen 4. Their most notable benefit is the raw power they have; powerful pokes and that damn annoying Sandstorm. Their most notable weakness, can be huge collective weaknesses. Your team definitely embodies both.

Four Water weaknesses is just bad, particularly since your Ferro isn't the specially defensive variant. And once it dies, you WILL get swept, whether their team relies on Rain or not. You absolutely need moar Water resistance, and to take that 4x weakness down a notch. Three weakness and two resist is only bareable at best; four simply shouldn't be tolerated. This is a huge problem that needs fixing, otherwise random Starmies will have some lulz, and rain teams will have a walk in the park.

Your Fighting weakness is at 3x weak and 2x resist; pretty much every team throws around nasty STAB fighting attacks, and considering your main physical wall is WEAK to Fighting, this is a problem. Fighting is the most dominant type alongside Dragon in OU I'd say, so you'll need to be more prepared for it. Particularly since TTar is so important to your team. What happens when a rain team's Toxicroak ends your TTar, and permarain rains on your parade, eh?

Your Ground weakness is at three with one resist. That's relatively bad. Ground isn't the omnipotently common attack type it's almost always been since Fighting is almost the same and has replaced it in many ways, but being weak to both is just asking to get sweeped. It's not entirely necessary to patch this up, but if you swap out a poke to remedy your Water and Fighting problem, fixing your Ground problem at the same time would be smart (if possible...).

Aside from that though, you've got a great stock of resistances and some good immunities (your entire team resists or is immune to poison looool). Your team is made of some great pokes with some great moveset synergy, there's no doubt. But your weaknesses stack way too high. Because of this, I believe this team will end up as a "you win some, you lose some". If the opponent doesn't run Pokes that dominate your team (fat chance...), you're definitely giving 'em a run for their money. If they do, you'll probably get shut out right from the get-go, and your chances of winning take a nasty hit.

In other words, you need to patch up those weaknesses to make this team as viable as it can be. To be great, rather than just good. A word of advice in order to pursue this; the most successful Sandstorm teams don't limit themselves to Rock, Steel, and Ground pokes. Dual typing all of your Pokes to these types won't solve your problems. Sandstorm hurting one, two, or even three of your Pokes won't be the end of you, since it's guaranteed your opponent will be taking more damage from the said sandstorm than you will. Let the Sandstorm limit your choices, and your team is therefore limited.

If I had to list a Pokemon to replace, I'd go for Nidoking; but since he's there since you like 'em, I'd imagine that's out of the question, yeah? 'Least it's a lot better than that damn Sharpedo.

Though, really, this is a pretty good team for one hour's thought. Pretty good for your first post too. It's got some holes to patch up, but once they're fixed, I'll certainly approve of it. Damn straight.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 02-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Don't listen to CK, he's too lazy to actually use a Sharpedo and thus he doesn't realize its awesomeness.

And yes, I'm very anti-sacred sword. There're very few situation one wouldn't want that extra 45 BP; especially when you're using an unboosted Terrakion set; and if there are, it's my opinion that you're probably playing Terrakion wrong. Take my opinion as you will, of course, but I really recommend X-scissor over Sacred Sword, and if not that, Rock Polish.
    In CK's mind, 120 - 90 = 45.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    This was quickly run together

Tyranitar: He was more of a anti-setter being the lead and a hit and retreat guy. He can put a large dent in most things. Outrage is a more of an Uber precaution. His stats are last gen btw (one of my faves).

Ferrothorn: I created this one as an experiment. Switching to him when your sure the opponent will hit with a physical move. If the opposing poke is not dead then you can set up some hazards. If he switches to a fire type then I would switch him for a Terrakion or Tyranitar. The leach seed might help setting up a potential sweep.

Scizor: I chose this Scizor to stay alive and kick butt.

Nidoking: Fire blast is more for that Skarmory and Ice pokes. SW does not give that great of coverage. As you said Earth Power would be my stab 100% accuracy move.

Terrakion: Sacred Sword is more of a back-up Close Combat. If I can't risk the Close Combat then Sacred Sword would be a better choice. Rock Polish is more of a Close Combat defence.

A word of advice in order to pursue this; the most successful Sandstorm teams don't limit themselves to Rock, Steel, and Ground pokes. Dual typing all of your Pokes to these types won't solve your problems. Sandstorm hurting one, two, or even three of your Pokes won't be the end of you, since it's guaranteed your opponent will be taking more damage from the said sandstorm than you will. Let the Sandstorm limit your choices, and your team is therefore limited.
    I had a Dragonite in one of my past TTar teams

If I had to list a Pokémon to replace, I'd go for Nidoking; but since he's there since you like 'em, I'd imagine that's out of the question, yeah?
    Yeah, he is my Special Sweeper

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    In CK's mind, 120 - 90 = 45.
    STAB you idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    This was quickly run together

Tyranitar: He was more of a anti-setter being the lead and a hit and retreat guy. He can put a large dent in most things. Outrage is a more of an Uber precaution. His stats are last gen btw (one of my faves).

... This team isn't for Ubers, so you shouldn't run moves for Ubers.

Nidoking: Fire blast is more for that Skarmory and Ice pokes. SW does not give that great of coverage. As you said Earth Power would be my stab 100% accuracy move.

Thunderbolt smacks Skarmory anyways; no Skarmory is going to switch into Nido unless a n00b is running said Skarm. Nobody uses Physical Nidoking. :P Even if you're switching Nido into the Skarmory, and it uses Roost, T-bolt will still obviously be a 2HKO (unless they're using one of those weird special variants; in which case TTar and Terrakion will run Skarm through with brute force STABs).

... And what Ice types are ya aiming at in OU?

Two neutral coverage STAB moves are better than one, hence why I suggested SW. What few things Fire Blast hits notably harder than the rest of your moves aren't anything to be worried about; except Ferrothorn, as I mentioned.

Terrakion: Sacred Sword is more of a back-up Close Combat. If I can't risk the Close Combat then Sacred Sword would be a better choice. Rock Polish is more of a Close Combat defence.

Hence why I said X-scissor is the better choice. If you're not flinging around nasty CCs all over the place out of concern for the defense drops, you're better off running a bulkier fighting type like Conkeldurr or No Guard Machamp IMO.

I had a Dragonite in one of my past TTar teams

Too bad Multiscale is worthless because of Sandstorm...

Which also applies to the opponent.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Kingdom Hearts.. is LIGHT immortaldave's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    nope.jpeg

Haven't broke into Gen 5's competitive scene just yet, I've been a lot of talk and no walkin' the walk. Got plenty of team ideas for OU singles, though. Just gotta get 'em ironed out before I can jump on PO.

I'd imagine you do and are lookin' for opponents, yeah?
    Opponents surely but more along the line of friends. I play with a lot of people on there and it's always a lot more fun when you're battling in a group withe friends you know..ya diglett?

Oh and Mr. MR, I would definitely take note in the suggestions that SSB made to your team. Definitely would go Pursuit over outrage as theres nothing better switching into a draco meteor from latios and pursuit trapping it to death. Outrage makes you stuck on that attack for 2-3 turns, which is enough time for the opponent to revenge kill you and win the "weather war" as thats what the OU tier has basically become these days. If you are playing Wifi OU, I would definitely watch out for trapper pokemon, specifically Magnezone in your case. Magnezone can come in on Ferrothorn and Scizor since it lacks Superpower, keep you locked in with Magnet Pull, and either proceed to either substitute and set up with charge beam or just go for a straight HP fire...which will wreck you immensely. I do like the the Bulky Scizor set alot, as I used to run one on my mono colour red team but I feel you are just risking a scald burn or will o wisp from something as you try to set up. I would personally go with a Choice Banded Scizor set with U-turn, Superpower, Bullet Punch, and Pursuit. If you're looking for a specially bulky steel type, Id go with Jirachi personally.

This way, you can come in on pokes like reuniclus and other opposing tyranitars and threaten them with a super effective U-turn while maintaining momentum. Consequently, I would put Rotom-W on your team as he counters the one pokemon that can wreck your whole team apart if given the opportunity..STARMIE!!! He is the bane of all sandstorm teams. And he works well in conjunction with scizor as he can spam volt switch to keep maintaining offensive pressure on your side of the field in tandem with Scizor.

I see Nasty Plot Celebi to be a reallly huge counter to your whole team, might even be able to sweep and nab a 6-0 off if played correctly. Especially since your ferrro doesnt have Gyro ball, it cant do anything to celebi, ttar isnt the standard specially defensive set so giga drain will eat him alive, scizor again doesnt hit hard enough with that set to kill off celebi with bp before it hp fires you, Terrakion could potentially kill it off with a stone edge but its shaky accuracy is a let down and you arent running a speed boosting nature so celebi can outspeed you with a timid nature I believe...not sure but Im too tired to check xD. Lando with u-turn could wreck celebi but a smart opponent will be sure to scout what set ur using before letting celebi set up.

Wow didn't mean to write this much. Just some suggestions to keep in mind while teambuilding.
    Last edited by immortaldave; 02-11-2012 at 03:41 AM.
    Splash_King likes this.

Cool pplz: wiiwouldlike2play, packman, wario2ooo, zachp18, battles, cyanrussel, cede

^This was so long ago; I wonder if these individuals are still active here.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by immortaldave View Post
    the "weather war" as thats what the OU tier has basically become these days.
    :'(

Quote Originally Posted by immortaldave View Post
    Wow didn't mean to write this much. Just some suggestions to keep in mind while teambuilding.
    The more you write, the better bro. Particularly since you clearly know your shit I'm gonna have to battle with ya some time soon. Hopefully I won't get mauled too badly.

Oh, and to give them damned NP Celebi what it deserves; X-scissor, MR?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I ran some quick battle cals. With an Adament nature, Terrakion is sitting at 315 speed whereas Timid natured 36ev speed celebi is sitting at 328 speed.

Timid Life Orb Celebi @ 252 Satk Giga Drain vs Adament Terrakion Air balloon = 61.3% - 72.45% (2hits to KO)
    [Note: This is factoring in that Sandstorm is up. Rock-types gain a boost to their Special Defense by 50% in Sandstorm] Without Sandstorm up on your side of the field, Giga Drain would do 91.02% - 106.81% (81% chance to OHKO). This is factoring in that the opponent has Stealth Rock up on your side of the field as well. This will be a most likely scenario as you don't have a Rapid Spinner. If celebi is able to get a Nasty Plot up before you're able to switch in, Terrak will most definitely be OHKO'd even with Sand up.

Adament Terrakion x-scissor with 252 Atk vs Celebi @ 220hp/252SAtk/36 Speed = 96.97 - 114.14% (100% OHKO) This is also factoring that you got Stealth Rocks up on your opponents side of the field. (provided your opponent doesn't get a critical hit giga drain, you can potentially revenge kill it xD)

I also ran the same battle calc above, only this time giving Terrakion a Jolly nature, which boosts Speed at the cost of Special Atk and damage calc read: 87.88 - 104.04 (100% OHKO) (factoring in SR). So you could probably forgo an Adament nature in exchange for a Jolly nature as it will still give you the "same" power output and you will be able to at least speed tie with positive nature based 108 speed pokes (infernape, virizion) to name a few.

I use the word "same" loosely as you will NOT be able to OHKO bold eviolite 252/252 Def Porygon2 with an unboosted Close Combat (does something like 75-85% damage). So thats something to watch out for as well. (Twaveing pricks -_-)

Lol so yes SSB, def give X-scissor on Terrak to give them damned NP Celebi what it deserves xD
    Last edited by immortaldave; 02-11-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Splash_King likes this.

Cool pplz: wiiwouldlike2play, packman, wario2ooo, zachp18, battles, cyanrussel, cede

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I'm too much of a lazy douche to do calcs unless it's for my own team building, so... Props on being the first to do so on Wiichat Dave.

Er, the first I've seen anywho. I'm sure Fox and Strype 'n the others were crunching numbers back in the day...

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    So I made a quick and dirty sort of Rain Stall team today on Pokemon Online and was wondering if I could have your guys opinions on the sets I'm using and also if there might be some better pokes I could swap out for another. Here is the team exportable:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Perish Song
    - Refresh

Can't have a rain stall team without this frog and the set I opted to use is the bold 252/252 set so that he can take some hits like a bawws. I opted for Scald over surf so that I can get potential burn hax on those steel types that are immune to toxic. Perish Song is there to deal with boosting pokemon and baton pass teams in general as they can be a huge annoyance if given the chance to set up. I was toying with either giving Politoed Refresh or Protect on the last moveslot, but I figured Refresh would be a more practical move to use on him. It would also enable Politoed to act as a psuedo status absorber for the rest of the team. Encore could also have its merit on the set but Im not really sure about that =/

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Calm Mind
    - Thunder
    - Water Pulse

Hax-Rachi set at its finest. Come in on a poke that you know you can set-up a substitute on and proceed to calm mind away. Thunder and water-pulse are good to get parafusion hax on the opponent as they try to desperately stop you from setting up. Only thing about this set is that it is completely walled by Gastrodon's -__- (stupid snail). Ev investments are invested in HP and speed so that rachi has enough bulk to take a few hits as it sets up. Timid nature is used to get that extra jump on the opponent.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Hydration
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Scald
    - Roar
    - Ice Beam

Hydration Vaporeon can be such a biatch in the rain. With hydration, he can abuse rest for full recovery while not having to worry about being inactive for 3 full turns. Scald again is used to get burns on certain steel types that might try to set up for a sweep (yes I'm calling you out ScizWHORE!). Roar is another method of getting rid of boosting pokemon if I dont want to wait for the 3 turns of Perish Song to kick in. And Ice beam for coverage against dragons and grass types. Toxic is thrown in to slowly kill off the opposing poke =]

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch

Forretress is my hazard and spinner all rolled into one. He would most likely be my lead poke to get up hazards as quickly as possible, while using volt switch to allow me to gain momentum for the team. Another standard set, nothing really much to say about him. I was considering using Ferrothorn over him but with a team like this, I figured having rapid spin support is necessary to survive. Also, I dont have to worry about being trapped by a magnezone as I can always Volt Switch out

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP / 108 SAtk / 148 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hurricane
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Tail
    - Roost

Dragonite is a good candidate for a rain team as the weather does not endanger his multi-scale ability. I'm still not sure about his moveset tho...I gave him a Sub roosting set with hurricane and dragon tail for stab attacks. Was considering giving him Twave to be an annoying parashuffler, however I feel it'll get in the way of Toxic from the other 'mons on my team. Still not sure about this set tho.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Seismic Toss
    - Toxic

And last but not least is my wish passer chansey to keep the rest of the team healthy. Seismic toss is there so that he doesn't become taunt bait to the likes of pranksters and faster taunt users. Was debating about putting Blissey over Eviolite Chansey, however Chansey can take more abuse than her fat sister could the cost of leftovers recovery.

Well, this is the team in a nutshell. Let me know what you guys think [Incidentally, I found one of my OLD team posts on page 58 of this thread...sure is nice to see how far i've come from that]. xD
    Last edited by immortaldave; 02-13-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    This is that UU team. Feel free to rip it to shreds.

Spoiler Alert!

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Ads