LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 244 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2437
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I didn't talk no one into nothin', I merely suggested Sharpedo. I still think it's an awful 'mon prior to 5th Gen, but it's better than an offensive Walrein. ... Well, maybe.

Those Sharpedo 'n Heracross sets work fine, Esp. I'd say you're good to go and give it a shot. Also, lol @ all dat EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Espmaster_ View Post
    How is Sharpedo worse than Magikarp?
    What are ya, brain dead? In every way.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Those Sharpedo 'n Heracross sets work fine, Esp. I'd say you're good to go and give it a shot. Also, lol @ all dat EQ.
    Good thing there is a cloning glitch...
    Last edited by Espmaster_; 07-06-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Oh hey this thread!!

I'll post my current PO team here. It's a lot of fun and it does pretty well. This is a slightly revised version... the Umbreon came in to replace a Slowbro that wasn't really doing anything for the team. Now everyone has something to do, and things are going well! I do have a few weaknesses, though, so take a look and tell me what you think ;)

At a glance:
    What's your pokemon team?-407.pngWhat's your pokemon team?-197.pngWhat's your pokemon team?-227.pngWhat's your pokemon team?-373.pngWhat's your pokemon team?-473.pngWhat's your pokemon team?-534.png

In-depth:

---

Roserade: Lead
    Name:  407.png
Views: 52
Size:  903 Bytes
    Calm, Leftovers, Natural Cure
    252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpDef
    Spikes
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Hidden Power Ice

She's a mixed defensive Roserade with an emphasis on special defense. She can generally take a hit defensively, but only one. :P A combination of Leech Seed, Leftovers, and STAB Giga Drain (which actually packs quite a punch) means that she won't go down easily. Hidden Power Ice deals with lead dragons, and Spikes is my team's entry hazard. I typically open with Leech Seed because Espeon is a common switch-in, and as a grass type, she won't get seeded from the Magic Bounce. Then I can switch in to Umbreon and start the battle with an advantage. :D If they don't switch in, then I go offensive with Giga Drain, switch out, or start spiking up the battlefield, depending on sort of lead I'm dealing with.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that she also takes care of Toxic Spikes! ;D

---

Umbreon: Tank/Phazer
    Name:  197.png
Views: 65
Size:  580 Bytes
    Impish, Leftovers, Synchronize
    252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpDef
    Payback
    Curse
    Yawn
    Moonlight

Umbreon takes a hit like no other. With outstanding HP and special defense, as well as very good defense, it takes QUITE a bit to take him down. After a few curses, Payback becomes immensely powerful, and nothing can significantly hurt him. In the downtime, Yawn forces switches and Moonlight restores HP. Once, he put a Scizor to sleep and got two curses off, which allowed his Payback to do more damage than his Bug Bite, and ultimately win the battle. After setting up, this monster can sweep entire teams -- I've seen it happen all too often.

---

Skarmory: Troll
    Name:  227.png
Views: 50
Size:  1.1 KB
    Adamant, Leftovers, Weak Armor
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Swords Dance
    Drill Peck
    Rock Slide
    Steel Wing

Here's what happens: I switch this guy into a physical attack, which he absorbs with his naturally high defense. This activates Weak Armor, raising his speed by 1 stage and lowering his defense by 1 stage. Then he uses Swords Dance, and proceed to wreak havoc. NOBODY sees it coming and nobody knows how to deal with it. He, too, often sweeps entire teams. And it's totally hilarious.

---

Salamence: Mixed Sweeper
    Name:  373.png
Views: 55
Size:  1.2 KB
    Rash, Life Orb, Intimidate
    64 Atk / 192 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Claw
    Draco Meteor

Typical stuff. He has maintained a spot on this team because he has nice synergy with Mamoswine. I can't really explain why, but hey. They form a nice offensive core that can hit hard without any boosts.

---

Mamoswine: Physical Sweeper
    Name:  473.png
Views: 50
Size:  1.3 KB
    Adamant, Leftovers, Thick Fat
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Icicle Crash
    Stone Edge

SUPER COMMON MAMOSWINE? BUT WITH THICK FAT TO SORTA COMPENSATE FOR MY TEAM'S FIRE WEAKNESS? SIGN ME UP

---

Conkeldurr: Most Valuable Player
    Name:  534.png
Views: 58
Size:  1.1 KB
    Brave, Leftovers, Guts
    120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpDef
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Payback

This guy. Simply RIPS through teams. He has decent bulk to begin with, but Bulk Up helps get that higher. Sometimes, though, he just uses Drain Punch to regain pretty much all of his health. He can do that because he's a baller. Payback covers psychic types (which, thanks to his specially defensive build, he can do with ease) and ghosts. Mach Punch deals with frail sweepers that could otherwise kill him. He does NOT go down easily.

---

THE END WHAT DO YOU THINK
    Last edited by WMBQ; 06-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Splash_King likes this.

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    I am guessing this is an OU team
    Salamance should either have Roost or Outrage in place of Dragon Claw. Roost to keep him alive. Outrage to deal massive damage. Your Salamance is not built bulky so I suggest Outrage

I don't know if Salamance's DW ability is available. If it is, Moxie would benefit him more since he is a sweeper. That teamed up with a STAB Outrage and a Life Orb is a pretty good combo.

Edit: Nice organization
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 06-30-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Hmm I like those ideas. Salamence is very rough-drafty, but Outrage seems like a good idea, especially with his Life Orb. The inability to switch because of an Outrage scares me because my opponent could easily switch into an ice type and destroy me, but the sheer power of the attack is enticing. Thanks for the advice; I'll try it out!

As for Moxie, you're right -- it would be much better than Intimidate. Salamence has two really good abilities, hahaha. I'm not sure if it's available, but I'll look into it!

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    lolwut
    I call Heracross the Jesus Beatle because of the incredibly stupid lawsuits filed against Nintendo regarding Heracross' horn being shaped like a cross.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    @ wmbq:
    Salamence as you have him seems more a hit and run menace to me.... If you keep dragon claw, then keep intimidate. Why? Because you can switch in and cripple a physical sweeper, which if skarm goes down your team might fear, and keep your ability to switch. If you go with moxie, then might as well use outrage and throw a choice band on the sucker for good measure. Personally I would opt with the earlier choice, but that's just because I like to keep my options open. Plus, outside of conkuldurr, u don't really have much to deal with opposing steel types like ferrothron and skarmory, which will eat outrage all day.

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Any suggestions about Heracross' ability? Guts or Swarm? I'm thinking Guts, but what do I know.

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Guts
    you have one bug move and four physical attacks
    if this is for battle frontier, Swarm might save you once in a while but gut's would be more effective

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7463-2792-2066-1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Guts
    you have one bug move and four physical attacks
    if this is for battle frontier, Swarm might save you once in a while but gut's would be more effective
    Alright, Guts it is. That does makes alot more sense.
    Edit: Here is my ridiculously detailed team plan:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ZdrtZ1iGk/edit
    Last edited by Espmaster_; 07-03-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Ads