Thread: What's your pokemon team?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I'm impressed, you're using low tier Pokemon rather well it looks like.
    Such favoritism is palpable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Crustle
    Shell Armor
    Adamant
    Red Card
    EV's: 252 atk, 252 hp, 6 def
    - Stealth Rock
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

You love t' use pinch berries, yet neglect to use one on this Crustle in favor of a Red Card, a terribly unreliable item. If an opposing lead taunts you/sets up it's own hazard(s), what then? What if it's a Special attacker? Not only will the Red Card fail to be used, but Crustle probably won't be able t' take more than one neutral Special move anywho. Hell, it'l likely fall to a single boosted neutral Special move. If this set has performed consistently, ya ain't playin' opponents who're consistently good.

Crustle is slow as shit anyways, nor does it hit very hard. A suicide SR lead doesn't need t' be a rock type neither since this thing isn't even a back up sweeper. Replace this piece'a trash with somethin' good. Preferably a hazard lead that isn't suicidal, and actually gives somethin' to this team's awful type statistics.

Tyranitar
    Sand Stream
    Quiet
    Life Orb
    EV's: 252 atk, 252 spatk, 6 hp
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

DAT AINT BOAH

A TTar with no HP investment and an Orb ain't gonna last long. Once this thing is gone, say goodbye to Sandstorm and hello to a lost weather war. If your team was Sandstorm-reliant, I'd scold the hell outta ya for this set, but it ain't, so I won't moan too much 'bout this set. Not that it's very good anyways. Mixed TTar don't really need BoltBeam these days. You ain't gonna scare any bulky waters if they have a recovery move, minus Jellicent, 'specially not Swampert. A faster Water type will just bulldoze ya through with a Hydro Pump anyways. Against a rain team, they'l happily sacrifice one'a their sweepers to ensure Rain stays up permanently once this guy's down n out.

In short, you ain't playin' to TTar's strengths. It's bulky, it keeps weather up, and it hits hard physically. You should really consider makin' this your pseudo-lead and givin' it SR instead'a that hapless Crustle. That, or at least consider makin' this thing into a real BOAH. Bulkier, hits harder physically, wall breaks better.

Terrakion
    Justified
    Jolly
    Fighting Gem
    EV's: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Close Combat
    - ?

lol @ "?". Standard Terrakion, meh. This team aims to sweep at lightning speeds though, this thing needs an Orb instead of a Gem. If your strategy is t' just go for sweeps, Orbs are always superior.

Archeops
    Defeatist
    Adamant
    Flying Gem
    EV's: 252 atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
    - Acrobatics
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge
    - Endeavor

ugh archeops so bad. Endeavor sure is a bloody novelty, but once Archeops is nearly dead (an easily achieved feat), 'least it can do somethin' then. Ya may want to put EQ over U-turn though, seein' as your entire team is an unreliable blitzkrieg. Once SR goes up, Archeops literally gets but one move. They switch in a Steel, Archeops just became useless, minus one shot of Endeavor.

By the way, this bird is garbage. Switch it out for somethin' reliable. Somethin' that's more useful than "Acrobatics and die". ohai tornadus

Carracosta
    Solid Rock
    Adamant
    White Herb
    EV's: 252 atk, 252 hp, 6 spd
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stone Edge
    - Shell Smash

Complete garbage in OU. If Shell Smash wasn't such a bloody broken move, anywho. If you don't get off your second Shell Smash, ya ain't gonna sweep, plain 'n simple. Not 'less the foe has a horrible team or until you've eliminated every single Poke of theirs that's faster than average.

This is even more true against a Rain team. If ya don't have +4 Atk, you ain't gonna sweep a bunch'a Water types. Not without Stone Edge missin' anywho. Since this guy's Adamant, he REALLY won't sweep without two Shell Smashes. For that reason I recommend Crustle's replacement (yes, I'm commanding you t' get rid of that piece'a trash, it's both that bad and that bad for the team) to be a Dual-Screener. A Shell Smasher protected by Screens is a load of bullshit, and this team needs to pull off all the bullshit it can t' win.

Torterra
    Overgrow
    Adamant
    Leftovers
    EV's: 252 hp, 252 atk, 6 def
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Wood Hammer
    - Leech Seed

Torterra ain't gonna take any special attacks, so ya might as well shove those HP EVs into Defense, make it your wall of choice; not that it's typing will allow it to do a very good job anyways; and abuse that Leech Seed recovery. Crunch is a very unnecessary coverage move unless ya fear Gengar or somethin', and can be replaced with Stealth Rock or somethin'.

Absolutely love this team. Works excellent. Crust le sets up SR while his held Red Card forces a switch. After he goes out, Ttar comes in and sets up Sandstorm while working with his surprise tricks in the form of Special Attack, making Dragons and Water types alike fear to take a super effective hit form him, while still backing up his physical prowess with STAB crunch and SE. Archeops works great to hit hard with flying gem boosted acrobatics along with a nice escape and scouting via U-Turn. Typically followed by switching to Torterra, he forces switches as well by abusing leech seed and leftover recovery, making him a huge annoyance that can still hit very hard with STAB. By this time, I have the opposing team scouted out and can switch to an appropriate sweeper via terrakion or carracosta with swords dance and shell smash, respectively. From what I've seen, this team is very hard to handle. It is an OU specific team, although I've ripped through a few Über teams by using the above strategy and having carracosta set up shell smash on an arceus, then proceed to sweep and one hit even the likes of the defensive Goliath known as Giratina.

Yeah, Carracosta will OHKO a 252/252 Giratina. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Anyways, there it is. Thoughts, opinions, and overall synopsis is appreciated.
    No. Just no. I hate this team bro, and I can't wrap my head 'round how it's gotten you consistent wins. Surprise factor from all the derpy moves 'n low tier Pokes? N00bs as foes? Or am I not seein' somethin' supremely magical 'bout the team? Either way, I am displeased. You've done far better than this time 'n time again. Can't say I've ever been so blunt nor open in how much I dislike a team; goes to show how much I dislike said team.

Your typing is a mess, it's like a newbie's first competitive team in which he decided would be Sandstorm-ish-but-not-really. All the foes has to do is spam potent Water or Steel (lolmeteormash? dunno) moves. Ya don't have a single Dragon resist, and since your TTar ain't a Pursuiter, even the Latis go to town. If ya don't risk Terrakion (give it X-scissor btw), they'l switch in, Draco Meteor, and switch out with impunity. That, or get in for a revenge kill over and over, always keepin' the pressure on in terms of damage output.

Your team doesn't have a Scarfer, and your fastest Poke pre-setup is a dedicated sweeper. Choice Scarf 'mons will give ya the run around constantly. 'Specially if they have a single move that neutrally hits your team... Which isn't that hard, since ya don't have a single resistance to the following types: Steel, Dragon (nononononono), Grass, and Water. Ya didn't do a thorough job of threat checkin' either; there're non-offensive Pokes that're threats to most, if not all the team for god's sake. Without Sub-Punching TyraniBOAH, Ferrothorn essentially laughs at your entire team. Terrakion and Carracosta are T-waved or smacked hard by Power Whip. It's hazards are a pain in the ass for ya.

I don't see any synergy between team mates either. Unless members of your team simply counter their team mate's counters (clearly not by switch in), there's certainly very little, if none at all. Ya need t' explain yourself, Storm. I really, really don't see how this team wins. It's win conditions are hard to achieve and few in number, it's match-ups with simple goodstuff or opposing weather aren't in your favor. Without a spinner, stall can definitely break ya. Especially since TTar, your only real wall breaker, has an Orb to kill itself with. Balanced teams with the right walls will break your slower offense, and stop your sweeps cold prior to ownin' ya.

Please do explain, in detail, how this team wins... ._.;

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Honestly... I'm not sure why it works. It just works, incredibly well even. I have no clue why. It sets up every time the way I said, and somehow comes out on top every match. Lol. It is very strange, it doesn't make much sense on paper, but it has heart.,. And idk why, but it works really well. As for Giratina, that's a stone edge after two shell smash, stealth rock damage and sandstorm damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Oh, two smashes... Well that makes more sense.

Does Carracosta simply pummel everythin' into submission after two smashes? I don't see how you'd get a win any other way, not without playin' an impossibly bad newbie... I don't see how that'd work either, since Shell Smash is the most devastatin' set-up move in the game. Any team not prepared for it might as well not even try to ladder 'n such.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Pretty much dude. Crustle and Ttar are there only to set up and to scout. That's it. I could care less if they get wrecked. They scout, so does Torterra, then carracosta or terrakion come in and just blow the shit out of everything after setting up. Fighting gem on terrakion helps him score the necessary ohkos on nearly every steel type, bar steelix. Even skarmory falls to close combat after stealth rock damage. It is the surprise factor that makes this team work so well, cuz it seems like I'm being a noob by misusing pokes, but it's intentional, and somehow it works.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    You're clearly battlin' n00bs if anyone in OU is usin' a ****in' Steelix...

What's the relevance of Steel types to Terrakion's sweep, exactly? Even with STAB, it ain't like Terrakion has zero bulk. Steels ain't gonna counter a bloody Fightin' type anyways.

That aside, it ain't surprise factor. It's "hope for a good sweeper match-up" factor, for lack of a better term. Once that White Herb is done, once Terrakion is shown whether it's usin' RP or SD, a check/counter can be identified and then stop almost any chance of your victory (if they have one; if they don't, ya just win). An all or nothin' strategy, basically. Even though the team is horrible, it doesn't matter if your sweeper can just up 'n destroy the foe through a lucky team match-up. A hilariously ass-backwards strategy indeed.

but srsly dis teem is bad

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Lol. It may be bad, but it's very fun

♦ goddamnitt sakurai ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Recent NU team:

Piloswine
    -Evolite
    -252 HP, 252 Defense
    -Thick Fat
    -Adamant
    ~Stealth Rock
    ~Earthquake
    ~Ice Shard
    ~Toxic

Piloswine is one bulky son of a bitch. It's guaranteed to set up Stealth Rock unless the opponent is Samurott, and oftentimes it can severely damage frail/ground weak Pokemon with EQ. Toxic takes care of a lot of bulky Mons. Ice Shard is there for weakened fast Pokemon, Altaria, etc. It's funny because Thick Fat makes it Fire-neutral despite the Ice typing, but every opponent attacks it with Fire attacks regardless.

Kingler
    -Choice Scarf
    -Shell Armor
    -252 Attack, 252 Speed
    -Adamant
    ~Crabhammer
    ~X-scissor
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Superpower

NOBODY expects this thing to be Scarf'd, allowing it to revenge kill a lot of things by surprise. The main moves are Superpower and Crabhammer, the former having the unfortunate stat drop and the later having meh accuracy. Still, it's a great Cincinno counter for the most part. It usually has to switch out after killing something due to the Scarf, as well as the stat loss from Superpower. A good Pokemon regardless.

Drifblim
    -Chesto Berry
    -Unburden
    -152 Defense, 252 Sp. Attack, 100 Speed
    -Modest
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Rest
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Thunderbolt

The sweeper of the team. It comes into something it can set up on and spams Calm Mind. Oftentimes I have to switch it out if they send in a counter quickly, but if not, I can keep setting up Calm Mind. It doesn't care a whole lot about Poison or Burn, and Paralysis doesn't ruin it. It uses Rest to heal itself after boosting, and Chesto Berry wakes it up, and activates Unburden, doubling the speed. At this point we have a lightning fast special sweeper/special wall that has torn through teams.

Kangaskhan
    -Life Orb
    -Scrappy
    -252 Speed, 252 Attack
    -Jolly
    ~Double Edge
    ~Fake Out
    ~Earthquake
    ~Sucker Punch

A pretty fast hard hitter. It can destroy almost anything with Double Edge. Sucker Punch finishes off frail attacks, and can be used in combination with Fake Out to take out a threat with priority. Earthquake actually takes a lot of opponents by surprise for some reason.

Zweilous
    -Evolite
    -Hustle
    -252 Attack, 252 HP
    -Adamant
    ~Outrage
    ~Fire Fang
    ~Crunch
    ~Work Up

A bulky dragon used to hid hard and take a few hits. Sadly, although it has amazing power, it fails to hit a lot of the time. Also, Work Up is filler. I think I'm going to replace it with a good counter to Samurott, Amoongus, and Exeggutor, common Pokemon that give me trouble.

Swalot
    -Black Sludge
    -Liquid Ooze
    -252 Defense, 252 Sp. Defense
    -Bold
    ~Counter
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Yawn
    ~Pain Split

A pretty bulky Pokemon used to be annoying and do multiple things. Counter surprises most physical attackers, as it isn't usually seen on Swalot. Yawn deals with set up Pokemon and forces switches/disables Pokemon. Pain Split is for recovery mostly, and Sludge Bomb is the attack move. Sludge Bomb is the only thing it can do against Substitute Pokemon, which it loathes with a passion.

So, opinions?

The Fuchsia City Guru

Spoiler Alert!

<(•θ•)>

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Hey squid
    I have an NU team on PO

We should battle
    Last edited by Mr. MR; 09-22-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Hey MR, you should like... oh, I dunno, put your OU team(s?) in this thread for rating.

R(ate)M(y)T(eam) threads are some'a the best ways to learn 'n better yourself outside the battlefield.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3547-0534-1512-4583
    Gengar
    Timid - Leftovers - Levitate
    4 HP - 252 SpAt - 252 Speed

Substitute
    Disable