Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8085-7630-2439-1842
    Well, here's my team in FireRed:

Blastoise - 63
    Pidgeot - 61
    Articuno - 60
    Primeape - 62
    Mewtwo - 70

Despite the triple-electric weaknesses, they still held out pretty well.

^Thanks Monsteroids^

2. Ads

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Hey, that's actually a pretty good team concept Dal. While it does have the 3x electric weakness and no resists, not many pokes are both very strong and have good electric STAB, none of which are not legendary. You also don't double up on ANY other weakness, which is practically unheard of these days.. Even I've never had a team like that. Even if it's only 5 pokes, props to you.

On an offensive perspective, your team seems balanced. While Pidgeot, Primeape, and Blastoise aren't extraordinarily strong, Mewtwo and Articuno make up for it. Pidgeot and Primeape are deadweight unless they score super effective hits IMO, though. Anyways, Ice is a very strong attacking type, and while Articuno isn't all that strong offensively, not much does resist Ice. And what does, is pummeled by the rest of your team. Shame Articuno is only good for support, and can't set up a sweep.

You also have a 3-2 balance for physical and special attackers, which is always a good thing. Special attacks are always the best possible things to employ if you have a special wall counter, which Primeape can ably handle most likely. Unfortunatly, special walls with odd types(psychic, steel, etc.)can stall your team very easily, which can be a huge problem. Also on that note, while your pokemon's STAB moves often are hard to resist, if they are you can run out of options quick. Most pokes on your team don't vary too much in offensive move types. This can really ruin you if you ever face a defensive team.

On a defensive perspective, the 3 x weakness to Electric truly is a nuisance, but as long as the enemy doesn't have a sweeper that sets up with electric moves and STAB on those moves(like Raikou, which would literally dominate your team), you'll be fine since you don't boast any double weaknesses. This lets you switch in very freely, usually without too much to fret over. Articuno and Blastoise are also pretty bulky, specifically Articuno. Very sad they're both weak to Electric.. You need to be wary of electric moves, definatly.

On a speed perspective, Primeape, Pidgeot, and Mewtwo are all quite fast, specifically Mewtwo. While there are faster pokes, you aren't slouching in speed, which is a good thing to cover. Again, as long as electric types don't try to sweep, you should have the speed to hopefully stop them.

Overall, note a bad team. But I wouldn't say it's that good either. But hey, that's what you'd expect from an ingame team. You've still got my respect for not having any 2+ weaknesses to anything but electric, which is often a rare move type anyways for sweepers.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 02-09-2009 at 10:24 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Dal
    Member #
    Friends
    8085-7630-2439-1842
    You also don't double up on ANY other weakness, which is practically unheard of these days.. Even I've never had a team like that. Even if it's only 5 pokes, props to you.
    Yay! I'm special.

^Thanks Monsteroids^

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Fixed the spelling!

Alright, I'll start with typing. ..To be honest, this team is pretty bad in terms of weaknesses. You've got a triple rock weakness, one of which is 4x(Charizard), and you've only got one resist to it(Aggron), not a good start. Next, you have two Ice and Fighting weaknesses each, all of which are 4x. You have two Ice resists in Blastoise and Aggron. Fighting is covered with 3 resists in Dragonite, Salamence, and Charizard, however.

Unfortunatly, since all 3 of them have a 4x weakness, they're easily dispatched of(especially Charizard). This means your team can fall apart relatively quickly, so you need to play very catiously.

You also have a 3x water weakness on Charizard, Aggron, and Tyranitar. Aggron is easily dispatched by bulky water types, especially swampert who can hit it with Special water moves, AND a 4x effective Earthquake. With Aggron gone, you lose a lot of resists. And with 2 4x weaknesses, Aggron doesn't stick around long. That's a big weakness right there.

While you have 3 resists to water on the rest of your team, whenever you have 3 2x weakness or two 4x weaknesses of the same type, no matter how many resists you have, it's not good enough. Sorry to say, but your team is very prone to being pummeled with weakness-based attacks, which can disassemble it very quickly.

On an offensive perspective, your pokes should be able to fan a wide variety of offensive moves. Many of your pokes can set up sweeps as well - unfortunatly, the ones best at this(Charizard, Dragonite, Salamence)have 4x weaknesses. I assume you rely on brute offense rather than setting up a sweep?

Another note: you lack a lot of power in special attacks, your strongest special attacker is Salamence with 350 Sp. atk, which isn't very strong considering what others can achieve. I don't think your Salamence is all Special attacks either, which leaves you weak to something like Skarm Bliss(skarm soaks up nearly your entire team, while the rest of your team is easily walled by any special walls).

One final area, speed. Your pokes are all relatively slow, the fastest being either Charizard or Salamence(they have equal speed base stats), both of which aren't very fast and have 4x weaknesses.

Not to be rude, but my Special Salamence could sweep your entire team with just Dragon Pulse and Choice Specs, and I doubt you'd move first any of the time since mine is quite fast. Aggron might resist Dragon, but his terrible Sp. def lets him get 2HKO'd, most likely.

On pen and paper, your team isn't very good, sorry. Once you get Platinum, I highly recommend getting some faster pokes, and stronger special attackers. And one final note: remember, this is just a personal opinion. Don't take it too seriously!

ha ha i know i figured it would have been i looked up the stats before i chose the team but like i said i never really chose my team thinking that i wanted them to be good i chose my favorite pokemon :]

ha ha sounds lame i'm sure but when platinum comes out i'll put together a team specifically to beat you ok ck :] assuming i chose the ds and game ha ha. still haven't made up my mind.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My Lg team:

Espeon Lv 79
    Flareon Lv 78
    Kingdra Lv 79
    Magneton Lv 78
    Dragonite Lv 78
    Rhydon Lv 78

Please rate CK kthnxbye

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WMBQ View Post
    My Lg team:

Espeon Lv 79
    Flareon Lv 78
    Kingdra Lv 79
    Magneton Lv 78
    Dragonite Lv 78
    Rhydon Lv 78

Please rate CK kthnxbye
    Well, I'm late, but...

First, typing. Your team has a LOT of resistances, and I mean a lot. However, you also have a ton of weaknesses, many that are 4x or 2+ of the same type. The worst possible thing is your triple weakness to ground, one being a 4x(Magneton), with only ONE immunity - most ground moves are also paired with rock, which crushes your ground-immune Dragonite. Anything that is fast and can use earthquake easily sweeps your team, i.e. agiligross.

Aside from that, you've got a 4x and 2x weakness to Ice - with two resists. Not bad, but Rhydon and Dragonite get murdered by any Ice moves(or atleast, special Ice moves Rhydon does, which are most common). A sweeper like Weavile can destroy your team with dark moves to kill Espeon and hit your other pokes, Brick break to kill Magneton, and Ice to destroy the rest. After a swords dance from Weavile, you literally lose the game if stealth rock is up.

Another big problem is your 2x Dragon weakness. You have a single resist, Magneton, which is 4x weak to ground, which dragon types always have when physically sweeping. In other words, after 1 or 2 Dragon dances, an enemy Dragonite or Salamence wins. Game over. Weavile and Dragon sweepers are your bane.

Aside from that, there's little typing problems, you've got a wide range of resistances so you just need to be wary of certain threats. On the offensives. Espeon, Dragonite, Rhydon, and Magneton hit very hard on their respective offensive types. So you've already got a balanced way of hitting hard for special and physical, meaning you've got a good offensive team. Kingdra is also a mixed attacker, making him a great wall breaker. Flareon is... meh.

You've also got a large range of offensive typed moves to pick from, notably Dragon. This should let you sweep relatively easy, making your team quite fast paced. You can also cause damage very hard and fast with all your powerful pokes.

On a defensive spectrum, you've got again, large weaknesses to Ground and Dragon(good thing Garchomp doesn't exist in generation 3, lol). You also have quite a few weaknesses, a lot which are doubled over. This can make you struggle quite a bit if you need to go on the defensive, the best thing you can do is come in on resistances and attack as fast as possible. You're a fast paced team though, so defense isn't too much of a problem.

When it comes to speed, your team is definatly lacking. Your fastest is Espeon, with a fast but not amazing 350 max speed. Everything else on your team is either slow, or in the middle, which gives you a very large problem in countering fast enemies. Once they set up, you're probably doomed unless Espeon counters them, and is faster. The only thing you can do is set up a sweep first, and if you fail the sweep, you're most likely to lose.

As I've mentioned time and again, your team has very little defensive possibilities, but very high offensive abilities. This makes you a high risk, high return styled battler. Against a defensive team, you've got an advantage, but against an offensive team, it'l all come down to prediction. Since your team is basically an offensive gamble, the slightest difference of skill or a single misthought move can cost the game. In short, your team needs to play carefully, but gamble a bit at the same time.

It's a good team, but it has a few huge but unlikely weaknesses you should tackle ASAP in order to make the team even better.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    hey ck what about this team.

1.polywrath
    2.arcanine
    3.dragonite
    4.rhydon
    5.gyarados
    6. syther

this was my team on silver.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Uh.. I don't know anything about the GSC metagame.. I can't really rate the team accurately. I can still do it if you don't care though, just asking first.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    well i would still wanna hear what you have to say seeing how you are far more knowledgeable at this than i am.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Unfortunatly, I can't help in a competitive manor.. DX I honestly don't think I can rate anything based on 2nd generation and back, I never played that generation competitively and I literally have, no knowledge of it.. I'm about as savvy to GSC as you. Sorry..

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads