The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I guess.

No. The rest of my team is rather slow, so Flame Charge's Speed boost can be passed to speed them up, along with Work Up.

y so srs w/ in-game teems competitive fag?

Double Team is moar fun, and I've never used it before, so wynaut. Besides, having the chance to call something an evasion tank in Pokemon sounds cool.

And I no liek pointless recoil. :c

... I thought you were ****in' with me when ya gave Kesumayat bloody Double Team. ._.; I don't see how that's any fun since it's horrid overkill (and stall blehhhhhhh), but then again I ain't you. Whatever floats your boat.

ALSO Y SO SRS W/ IN-GAME TEEMS COMPETITIVE FAG????

Clearly you have no taste of fun. Imposter Ditto is by no means shitty, and it actually sounds extremely fun to use. Being able to transform into opposing Pokemon at will sounds really fun. Also, due to Imposter I don't have to worry about PP that much.

Says the man usin' Double team. ;D

I exaggerated my "opinion" on Reuniclus 'n Ditto 'cause the former is quite good, while the latter is quite gimmicky outside'a competitive battlin'. I don't care for gimmicks, unless they're extremely lulzy Magikarp sweeps 'n such things. Ya think I don't like t' have fun, but you've got the wrong idea. Rather, our ideas of fun in battlin' are simply entirely different.

Boring.

nou
    derpletters

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    You never answered my offer about the Dark-types ._.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    derpletters
    lawl

ε(3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    nothnx ill catch one

Gonna go after them Gold symbols by how the facilities are ordered on my Frontier Pass, so I'll be tacklin' the Battle Dome next. My team won't be much different from this one, albeit a Poke better suited for synergy than Swampert and possibly no choice band on Metagross. Maybe a different Steel type entirely. Either way, I'm developin' the team now.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    But Sharpedo and Sableye aren't in the Unova Dex. ._.

ε(3`)з

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    @ CK: lol, I was just saying in general cuz in battle frontier terms I don't really see anything wrong with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Don't think I've ever asked, so... Did ya play RSE at all competitively, Storm? Just outta curiosity.

Thinkin' on it, the team doesn't really have Gyara/Mence DD issues actually. Gyara has to come in on Swampert to pose any threat, and -1 full Atk investment Rock Slide still does nasty damage. Explosion Metagross takes care'a it even when switchin' in said Steel type anyways. 'Mence can't set up on any Poke. Clear Body allows Rock Slide to threaten 'Mence without needin' to Explode, Latios OHKOs 'n outspeeds and Swampert has dat iyce baem. Once they set up they'd be a threat, but settin' up is the nigh-impossible part for 'em.

Swampert really is a fantastic utility Poke back in Gen 3 that just-plain works when splashed on a team. Bloody Water types man.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    dp dont care lol **** da polize rulez

Decided on my in-game team, which ain't at all different from what I mentioned yesterday. I'll be usin' Emboar as my starter since I've used the other two starters already. Obviously I'm gonna use a ****in' Lucario since it's my favorite god damn 'mon. First time it's usable in-game without tradin' and such, so there's no reason I wouldn't. Been torn between Keldeo and Azumarill, but I decided on Keldeo since it's been impossible t' use a legendary in-game 'till the end game. I'll save Azumarill for my playthrough of the other version. Lastly, I'll raise a Sandslash 'cause I like it. It's been nigh-unusable in games previous, but now it learns moves that're actually better than utter shit via level up. Now that it's usable, I'm gonna damn-well use it.

mai teem is so bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MR View Post
    Gengar
    Timid - Leftovers - Levitate
    4 HP - 252 SpAt - 252 Speed

Substitute
    Disable
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast

aaaggggghhh **** dis thing. Besides bein' a pain in the ass for balanced and stall teams, it's a real whore to trainers like me: aggrofaggots who love Choice items. With TSpikes and/or Spikes up, the amount of switches normally forced by usin' choice items only increases. It's a useful Poke in it's own right, and you're supporting it's strengths properly with entry hazards. No negative feedback t' be had.

Nidoking
    Modest - Life Orb - Sheer Force
    4 Def - 252 SpAt - 252 Speed

Earth Power
    Fire Blast
    Ice Beam
    Toxic Spikes

The raw power behind this guy forces switches. A surprise TSpikes on one'a them switches becomes a very unpleasant surprise indeed. I can't be assed t' think whether or not Fire Blast would be better than T-bolt, so do it for me. >_> Do tell why ya put TSpikes over T-bolt instead'a Fire Blast.

Tyranitar
    Jolly - Choice Scarf - Sand Stream
    4 HP - 252 At - 252 Speed

Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Pursuit
    Superpower

Scarf TTar, copypasta indeed. It bloody works.

Dragonite
    Jolly - Lum Berry - Multiscale
    252 At - 4 SpDef - 252 Speed

Dragon Dance
    Outrage
    ExtremeSpeed
    Earthquake

Scary ol' ScaleNite. I agree with the choice of EQ over Fire Punch; the latter is more of a liability in rain, and while the old nemesis in Skarmory will come to haunt this set, EQ is simply more reliable.

Skarmory
    Impish - Leftovers - Sturdy
    252 HP - 232 Def - 24 Speed

Roost
    Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Brave Bird

SkarmBli--... Chansey. blehhhhhhhh. It Spikes, it kills fightin' types, it does other generic things a stupid wall does. SkarmEgg (that's what I'm callin' it from now on) is even more of a dick move than it ever was previously. Mixed attackin' wall breakers or a mistake on your part are the only way this core will get broken thanks to Wish's broken new mechanics.

... It's effective, but ya won't be gettin' any respect for it.

Chansey

Bold - Evolite - Natural Cure
    252 HP - 252 Def - 4 Speed

Wish
    Protect
    Seismic Toss
    Toxic

bleh
    Typing wise, the team definitely has a flaw I don't understand why everyone ain't coverin' properly; Rain teams. A Mixed Kingdra for example, goes to town once Rocks go up and so does a DD/Swift Swim. Ya won't be seein' hail any time soon, but Mamoswine can spam it's Ice STAB all day long. EQ threatens Skamory if it needs to Roost, and switchin' to Chansey to heal it with Wish instead ain't an option long as it's out. TTar is a risky dare to bring it in outside of a revenge kill too. In other words, your Water resists are lackin' and your outright lack of an Ice resist is very dangerous. If Chansey somehow manages to fall, you're really in a bad position against foes with said typed moves. 'Course, that's unlikely if ya play cautiously. Which ya should be if ya plan on usin' TSpikes on a balanced team.

Those qualms aside, you've got answers to most everything offensive as far as I can tell. Smart playin' will lead this team to victory since it's the best of generic goodstuff, and there's also some synergy in there to boot. Of course, I said ya got answers to offensive. This team ain't much for wall breakin'. You lack raw power in your offensive Pokes in exchange for a variety of tools. That ain't a bad trade, it's simply the matter of fact that it's a trade. Stall teams that can stave off a D-Nite sweep will manhandle ya since you don't have a spinner, though Nidoking removing opposing TSpikes is at least somethin'.

If Gengar or SkarmEgg is removed from the equation, hyper offense with a proper mixed attacker is very dangerous to the team; 'specially if ya lose one or both halves of the latter core. No hyper offense team battles with Rocks and a mighty fast Scarfer, and both'a those factors threaten the team if the proper wall isn't there to soak up the hits. Cautious play, patience and proper foresight are really key in beatin' an offensive team that has the tools t' take out your walls since they'l likely have 'mons to easily take out everythin' else. Sweep before your walls are gone, or be swept.

Overall, smart play is absolutely necessary (WHO WOULD'A THUNK'IT?) if your team doesn't outright have a good match-up since you can't muscle through an opponent that ain't highly D-nite prone 'till late-game. Ya need to use your wits to scout as much info as possible before sacrificing anythin'. The team holds each other together very well, but begins to fall apart on the first KO. An improper sacrifice may heavily shift momentum in the foe's favor. Abusing Wish as much as possible and avoiding gettin' your Pokes KO'd is definitely important towards this team winnin'.

So yeah, I'd say this team is pretty damn good. It's solid and doesn't have any gigantic or easy to exploit weakness, just as any successful balanced team should be. Minus a few problem Pokes anyways, but no team in Gen 5 can cover every single threat, so what can ya do. This balanced team certainly is... uh, balanced. Well done bro. Makin' better teams than what these jokers are doin' lately, that's for sure. _

/diss
    Last edited by Splash_King; 10-06-2012 at 02:56 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Cursed Body
    EVs: 248 HP / 84 SAtk / 176 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SAtk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Slack Off
    - Thunder Wave

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - U-turn
    - Fake Out
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Houndoom (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Nasty Plot
    - Flamethrower
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Body Slam
    - Air Slash
    - Roost
    - Aura Sphere

Just a UU team I threw together. Thoughts on who to switch?

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.

Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    You're playin' UU now? DA FUQ?! First Nick ropes me into it, then MR joins in on the "fun", now you too?

regenerater whore

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    I did it because Houndoom and Froslass are UU

I picked the Pokemon before I even knew their abilities. I didn't even know it existed until today :P

The Silence Bridge Guru

I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.

Spoiler Alert!

Ads