Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2439
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

♦ whata buncha jokers ♦ Neosquid's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6666-1020-6666-1020
    Oh. I can see a select few Pokemon giving some real trouble. Mainly Pokemon that can take a hit and retaliate, such as Slowbro, Hippowdon, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc. I'd suggest a bulky special attacker that can counter physical tanks and such. Garchomp and Excadrill pretty much preform the same job, so I'd say replace one of them.
    Splash_King likes this.

The Fuchsia City Guru

<(θ)>

Spoiler Alert!

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    A valid point actually, I've no special attacker t' fall back on; however, I'm pretty sure Garchomp can handle said tanks regardless of their EV investments. If they focus on an attack stat, Outrage will just mow 'em down, resistance or not. If they're EVed solely for bulk, Garchomp can substitute up on 'em, grab an SD or two and ravage. Haxchomp is basically my tank killer thanks to that 30% evasion and SubSD.

Also, the reason I carry both Excadrill and Garchomp are because they perform the same duty of "spam physical STAB". Both of 'em are ridiculously scary when boosted. If they don't smash through the foe on their own, the other will clean up through brute force. Having a special attacker would obviously be more efficient and less risky, but the question is; what special attacker is as fast, bulky and strong as these two? The boosts from Sandstorm outweigh the disadvantages of goin' exclusively physical IMO.

'Less you've got an idea of some specially oriented Poke that is ridiculously synergistic with TTar and 'Chomp/'Drill and therefore worth the change from aggrofaggotry to a feasible core, I've no plans to change the team itself.

That aside... item/move recommendation pl0x?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well you could sub one of them out for location instead, being able to mix it up and increase your coverage to take down defensive tanks of possibility in ferrothorn, skarmory, etc, while being able to hit on both the physical and special sides of the spectrum for maximum coverage along with a saving resistance for your slight weakness to a mamoswine sweep... Just an "out there" kinda thought, but could be worth considering, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    "Location"?

Don't need coverage nor somethin' to break physical walls when I've got +1 EQ and +2 Outrage. Defensive Pokes are usually the least of one's worries in the Battle Tower/Subway.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Just spitballing is all. You come up with some good teams, in which the best I can critique to a point really is suggestions that are merely a matter of preference lol.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Good? No, just goodstuff. I'm still a bloody n00b for Gen 5 after all.

... Speakin' of suggestions, why the hell hasn't anyone given tips on item and move choice for TTar? Dx

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    You'd hate me for saying it, but I would say run it with a quiet nature and make it a mixed special attacker sporting ice beam dp and flamethrower to boot, maybe Tbolt, kinda redundant though... Flamethrower helps against skarm and ferrothorn. It won't cover weaknesses much simply bc there aren't many, just potential annoyances... But ik u usually hate my mixed Ttar suggestion lol

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    *facepalm*

I meant which move TTar should use in it's last moveslot ya fool, not an entire new moveset. Also, the choice of item.

And aye, I ain't a fan of Special TTar nor Boah. I'll never use 'em lol.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Lol my bad bro. If that's the route your takin, I'd recommend the Fire Punch. Why? Bc really the only thing aqua tail would cover is ground and rock types like you said, both of which specialize in defense moreso than sp def so aqua tail would probably do about as much damage as one of your ttars STAB attacks. Fire Punch prevent him from being laughed at by skarmory, same going for garchomp whom skarm could (using this term very loosely) possibly stall out from its own toxic stall and eating outrage. Not that it would survive long anyways, but fire punch covers grass as well, which could prove far more annoying to this team than any ground type could. Send in your garchomp to spam guard ground types earthquakes and hit back with force.

Long winded explanation short, fire punch > aqua tail on this set. Plus it isn't much, but the bit of accuracy loss on aqua tail could cost you dearly if it misses at the wrong time.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Yep, those're the exact same thoughts I had... Particularly 'bout the accuracy. Rock Slide is unreliable enough as is with Brightpowder not banned.

If I'm to go with both Rock Slide and Fire Punch; two moves with not-so-acceptable BP; I'm gonna use a LO on TTar then. Unless Sitrus is apparently far better than I thought in 3v3 Singles, I feel the damage boost is simply necessary. LO is a consistent boost whereas Sitrus might protect me from weak priority, and might let me get another DD (which might be unnecessary since if 25% HP lets me take another hit, I must already have a DD or two if the foe doesn't have a STAB super-effective move/isn't offensively potent). Ifs make room for bad luck. When I need this team to play as consistently as possible, bad luck is somethin' I can't afford.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads