Page 3 of 244 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: What's your pokemon team?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    dang alright :/
    would they be a good team for the new games??

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I'm now realizing my Dragon weakness...

Should I replace my Flareon? It has naturally high attack (like, 29 EVs and a positive nature), which is why I'm hanging onto it. Hyper Beam has OHKOed a Golem 20 levels lower.

I'm considering switching it for a faster fire Pokemon, maybe Arcanine? Arcanine has great stats, but I don't know about the movepool.

I also might switch Kingdra for something. I had a Gyarados, but I couldn't work with its special attack. ;_; Thinking of Tentecruel, but that's yet another Ground weakness... augh. Help me CK.
    Last edited by WMBQ; 02-11-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on alright

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRyan View Post
    hey ck what about this team.

1.polywrath
    2.arcanine
    3.dragonite
    4.rhydon
    5.gyarados
    6. syther

this was my team on silver.
    ..Lol, no. Scyther is far too weak, so is Polywrath, Arcanine isn't reliable, Rhyperior is too slow considering the rest of your team is really sluggish, Gyarados shares 2 electric weaknesses with your other pokes, and Dragonite shares an Ice weakness for 3 of your team mates, and a rock weakness with 4. The team is also incredibly slow. Half the team is too weak anyways, it'd be useless in gen 3 or 4.

EDIT: Ahh, didn't see you WMBQ.. sorry, someone post so I can post again! DX

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    ahh i don't wanna abandon my originals :/

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by WMBQ View Post
    I'm now realizing my Dragon weakness...

Should I replace my Flareon? It has naturally high attack (like, 29 EVs and a positive nature), which is why I'm hanging onto it. Hyper Beam has OHKOed a Golem 20 levels lower.

I'm considering switching it for a faster fire Pokemon, maybe Arcanine? Arcanine has great stats, but I don't know about the movepool.

I also might switch Kingdra for something. I had a Gyarados, but I couldn't work with its special attack. ;_; Thinking of Tentecruel, but that's yet another Ground weakness... augh. Help me CK.
    Yes, you should certainly replace the very replacable Flareon. Arcanine is a much better fire poke than Flareon, definatly. As you said, while it's movepool isn't the best, it's a lot better than Flareon's. It can also be physical or special, even mixed if you think you could pull it off(but I don't recommend it unless you're playing DPP).

However, Blaziken is by far the best fire type in OU. It has a great Sp. atk stat and Atk stat as well, good speed, and a great move pool. If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend it. You also get a fighting type out of it. You only gain 2 weaknesses in Flying and Psychic, which are both rare attacking types and the rest of your team resists it. You also make your rock weakness nuetral.

If you can't get ahold of Blaziken and you want a special fire type, Moltres would be the best to go with. Since it has huge Sp. atk(almost as much as Flareon's atk) as well as a passable movepool, it'd be better than Flareon atleast. It's also got good speed.

Oh and about hyper beam OHKOing Golem, wouldn't you rather OHKO with a STAB fighting move against a Golem that's the same level as you?

If you want a water type to take advantage of special attack rather than Kingdra's terrible movepool, Vaporeon(I can tell you like Eeveelutions, right?)or Starmie would be great additions to your team. Starmie has more type coverage, but it doubles up on your Espeon's weaknesses. Starmie has blazing speed though, and can kill a lot of it's counters.

Vaporeon is a bit bulky, but it isn't as good at special attacking since it has a bad movepool. It's better as a wall, but you won't double up on weaknesses. If you want a supporting water type, take Vaporeon. But if you want an offensive water type, definatly pick Starmie, Starmie doesn't have to worry about Pursuit and such in the 3rd generation.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thanks for the help ;D

I do love Eeveelutions, except for Umbreon... blagh, you suck, Umbreon...

I think I'll go with Blaziken and Vaporeon. I need a good wall, and Vaporeon has attractive Special Attack to go with HP, along with Surf, Ice Beam, and Shadow Ball. I don't think it learns any recovery moves, though. I just know those off the top of my head... what about Reflect and Light Screen? Does Vaporeon get those?

As for Blaziken, I think I'll go with a mixed Sp Atk/Atk with Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, maybe Aerial Ace, and... and... hmm. I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Maybe Rock Slide/Earthquake?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ^my god what happened to just buying the cards and rating them on who looks the coolest.

I haven't really played alot of pokemon, but i'm thinking about getting into it. When does the next game come out?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    The next game comes out March 22nd, lbu. Platinum is the name, and it's going to kick arse.

Nooo, Umbreon is awesome! DX

Vaporeon doesn't have any instant recovery moves, but it can learn Wish as an Eevee. Wish is extremely helpful on Vaporeon since you can switch out to a weaker poke or something that lost HP(as long as it survives the incoming attack, if any), and heal it at the same time. Vaporeon does not get the screens, btw.

Aerial ace on Blaziken? Eh.. I honestly don't recommend that. Anyways, if you're going for a mixed attacker, I highly recommend having just Overheat as the single attack. You can pump out massive damage on something that switches in using overheat, then pummel it with physical attacks, being uneffected by the Sp. atk drop. Trust me, the extra damage helps when you don't focus on one stat. Fire Blast is a lot better if you need to get in two hits though, and 85% accuracy is still great. But hey, if you're picky about accuracy you can still pick flamethrower.

Anyways, Rock slide over Earthquake, trust me. As for a forth moveslot, there's quite a few options. But if you havn't used the move tutor on seven island for swords dance, you may want to teach your Blaziken that. Otherwise, just slap on an attack move besides Earthquake/Aerial Ace(unless you really hate Heracross).

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nah, I'm just an accuracy nut.

So, I like the sound of Wish. I'd forgotten about it, I think I'll use that.

So...

Blaziken-
    Overheat
    Rock Slide
    Sky Uppercut
    Swords Dance

Luckily I do have the tutor. Not actually sure about the Rock Slide one though...

Vaporeon-
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Wish
    Shadow Ball?

Not too sure about EVs either. I'm thinking max Sp Atk on Vaporeon and split HP and Speed?

As for Blaziken, I'm absolutely clueless. :/

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    I ran off to Smogon real quick to get a good Blaziken spread, and here it is. 80 HP / 232 Atk / 196 Spe. The Sp. atk EVs aren't important since flamethrower is mainly to be used against really high defense and low sp. def enemys(Skamory?). Overheat would be highly favored for that spread though, and Overheat has a really good 90% accuracy anyways. I don't think flamethrower can OHKO things like Heracross either, Overheat is probably necesarry for that. Just a recomendation. Also, those speed EVs are all you'll need for outrunning what you need too, best of all without a speed + nature.

Do NOT use Shadow Ball on Vaporeon, just an important warning. Believe it or not, ghost moves are all physical in generation 3(the only reason Medicham uses Shadow Ball, really). Replace it with something like Haze/Roar to stop anyone setting up, or Protect so you can heal yourself reliably with Wish(be careful with this though, they could predict protect and switch to a counter, you'd still get the heal ofcourse). Protect is good for scouting enemy choice banders anyways.

I honestly can't think of any type of set where Vaporeon needs speed EVs in gen 3.. Mainly because I've never heard of an offensive Vaporeon, that'l suprise some people. I recommend maxing Sp. atk for all that kick and putting a good amount of EVs in HP, especially if you're using Wish. Feel free to max for more durability - just be aware Vaporeon can't take super effective special hits well without Sp. def EVs too. It'l be bulky, but not extremely.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads